U18s

Sideways Jim

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

First game of the season today away to West Ham. 1200 kick off.

Cheers for the heads-up.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know off the top of their head how many of our regular B-Team squad would also qualify to play in the U18s, age wise? Cheers 

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Cheers for the heads-up.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know off the top of their head how many of our regular B-Team squad would also qualify to play in the U18s, age wise? Cheers 

Payne, Ballard and Morgan definitely do. Cameron Bragg too I think.

Luke Pearce I believe is just too old for U18's now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Payne, Ballard and Morgan definitely do. Cameron Bragg too I think.

Luke Pearce I believe is just too old for U18's now.

A huge pull to keep Tyler Dibling at the club would have been the qualification for Uefa Youth League had we beaten City.

I hope the under 18s this year can achieve this.

2 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

A huge pull to keep Tyler Dibling at the club would have been the qualification for Uefa Youth League had we beaten City.

I hope the under 18s this year can achieve this.

I think it's all money mate. I'm glad we didn't pay more than the million pounds a year Chelsea are apparently paying him. Some you win, some you lose. 

Sadly, the young goalie we have loaned from Man Utd. just doesn't look up to it.

Studying the videos of the first two U18 games he just doesn't move or dive to save shots, and is more of a spectator. 

With most of last season's U18's  having made the move up to the B team,  I think this squad is going to struggle 

unless they can get themselves sorted PDQ. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, screechio said:

Apparently the names kelvin ehibhatiomhan and he's already in the reading first team. Alfie house has named him after his twitter handle.

Top notch investigative journalism 

51 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

It's his younger brother, Princewill.  

That is what one would call, a burn.

***Drops the Mic***

• Haha 1

Morgan and Ballard impressing for England youth ages recently, and Nathanael Boot making his England U17 debut alongside Jimmy-Jay also. 

I still find it incredible that two boys I taught in the same class from age 8-11 are both now lining up in the same England team. Fantastic. 

• Like 6

Do we think his U18 England form this week will be a trigger for Ballard’s inclusion in the prem match day squad like Tella’s 4 goals against Leicester or Dibling’s hat-trick vs Newcastle. Although I think he has a chance especially if someone gets a knock, I think all the examples I gave were standout performances for the B team which I’m sure Ralph has had a closer eye on than the England age groups and in his preferred system. Also, Ballard was playing with some class players with England and is probably getting a better quality of chance. Castledine who he played upfront with when he got two is meant to be the next big thing at Chelsea, Bellingham has looked class in the Birmingham setup and Ndala was just noted in the Guardian as being the breakout star from the City Academy. If he continues to perform in the B team, he might get another chance vs Sheff Wed in the league cup. it was good to see the boys in the U17 England team as well. Saw one of JJMs goals and he looked on good form. Hopefully Dibling can get up to speed quick too. All of this plus Kami must be back soon

Edited by daldridge7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, daldridge7 said:

Do we think his U18 England form this week will be a trigger for Ballard’s inclusion in the prem match day squad like Tella’s 4 goals against Leicester or Dibling’s hat-trick vs Newcastle. Although I think he has a chance especially if someone gets a knock, I think all the examples I gave were standout performances for the B team which I’m sure Ralph has had a closer eye on than the England age groups and in his preferred system. Also, Ballard was playing with some class players with England and is probably getting a better quality of chance. Castledine who he played upfront with when he got two is meant to be the next big thing at Chelsea, Bellingham has looked class in the Birmingham setup and Ndala was just noted in the Guardian as being the breakout star from the City Academy. If he continues to perform in the B team, he might get another chance vs Sheff Wed in the league cup. it was good to see the boys in the U17 England team as well. Saw one of JJMs goals and he looked on good form. Hopefully Dibling can get up to speed quick too. All of this plus Kami must be back soon

Maybe we should target the two players you mentioned at City and Chelsea.

After all that’s our style at the moment which is exciting.

29 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Very impressive.  Lots of injuries in centre-mid down in the youth ranks.

He created the 2nd goal.

I noticed we were bottom of the u18 league, guess that makes sense if we're playing 14 year olds, blimey. 

2 hours ago, JRM said:

I noticed we were bottom of the u18 league, guess that makes sense if we're playing 14 year olds, blimey. 

As SuperSAINT said I think there is a lot of injuries and as the B Team has taken the cream of last years Southern League winners, It has taken an effect, especially when the first year scholars are probably getting used to a higher intensity and following the playbook

7 hours ago, daldridge7 said:

Interesting to see Princewill is named on the official team sheet today for the U18s. Surely if he was still a trialist, even on something like that, he would be listed as Trialist A?

I saw that too. Listed as a trialist on the OS though.  Don’t believe he’s signed yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2022 at 06:58, SuperSAINT said:

I saw that too. Listed as a trialist on the OS though.  Don’t believe he’s signed yet. 

He is on trial at Utd now. Assume we decided not to sign him and tbhbwe seem to have so many forward prospects its hard to give them all games.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Cat said:

U18's 2-0 down to Norwich, game nearly finished.

Here's the next youngster to get a bit excited about. So good to see kids from older age groups getting signed.

Screenshot_2022-12-10-12-46-39-17_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

My son played in the Hampshire Schoolboys team with Alejandro last season, he's an absolute beast and a goal machine and a really lovely lad too. I'm not surprised one little bit that he's ripping it up at Saints. Good luck to him. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...