Spelling and Grandma

Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 still denying it. Funny how two separate people both remember you saying it. I’m not surprised you’re embarrassed

I said no such thing. You have a habit of twisting posts of mine to read what you want them to say rather than what they actually say. Your comprehension of English is poor. Perhaps it is your second language and if so I apologize. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I said no such thing. You have a habit of twisting posts of mine to read what you want them to say rather than what they actually say. Your comprehension of English is poor. Perhaps it is your second language and if so I apologize. 

“It’s arguable saints have more match going fans than Everton” 

Your words, no one else’s, no twisting needed and not just me who remembered them. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You have a habit of saying stuff and disputing it when your words get used against you. You're from the Boris school of denial. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

You have a habit of saying stuff and disputing it when your words get used against you. You're from the Boris school of denial. 

Nope, some people on this forum can't read very well. They read my posts without really reading them. They have an idea of what they want me to have said, even when I haven't. You are one such person.

• Haha 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Nope, some people on this forum can't read very well. They read my posts without really reading them. They have an idea of what they want me to have said, even when I haven't. You are one such person.

Ha!! There's plenty of times in our exchanges where you've tried to wriggle from your own words. You do it with others. Tragic that you can't hold your hands up and accept you're wrong, although it is quite amusing that you can't. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

“It’s arguable saints have more match going fans than Everton” not much dispute about what you really meant here Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Where is the evidence I said that? Evidence has never been your thing! Making up bullshit is.

Funny how it’s not just me who remembered it. Keep on denying it, it’s frigging hilarious. We are all pointing and laughing at you

Ha Ha Lol GIF by Pierce The Veil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

I did no such thing! 🙄 Your comprehension of English is poor. Perhaps it is your second language and if so I apologize. 

....and you're doing your little routine already.

I never said that

You don't understand English 

And so on and so on.

Same routine time and again.

Its literally on this thread, written by you yesterday. In black and white.

When loads of people see you do it over and over again don't you think maybe it's you with the problem?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

As ever... no evidence from you. I have never said that about Everton.

It’s funny how despite me apparently making it up other people remember you saying it as well. As CBF says, maybe it’s you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Isn't it funny how you are incapable of finding a quote which matches the claim?

Who says i am looking? I know what is there from yesterday. It's all in the "not in terms of infrastructure" stuff and then you listing out our better training ground and newer stadium and other such drivel. 

It's all there but I know we all have to deal with the fact that the way you process the world is different to the rest of us. But for the rest of us life is not a spreadsheet on a little computer game.

If you agreed with pretty much everyone else that Leeds are bigger than we are you could have said nothing but instead you go on about training grounds and then a load of old toss about how big doesn't really mean anything. All because you can't accept that another club just might be bigger than super dooper Saints.

Its all there.

Jesus wept.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 08/12/2021 at 19:56, Matthew Le God said:

I did no such thing! 🙄 Your comprehension of English is poor. Perhaps it is your second language and if so I apologize. 

Has nobody else noticed the irony of criticising someone's comprehension of English.....and then spelling "Apologise" incorrectly?! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Don't worry, he'll just come back to say he never typed that.

He hasn't spelt it incorrectly.  Apologize is correct, apologise is the English version.

I much prefer the American version having lived over here for 11 years now.......

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, washsaint said:

He hasn't spelt it incorrectly.  Apologize is correct, apologise is the English version.

I much prefer the American version having lived over here for 11 years now.......

When this place becomes a forum about the Cincinatti Pretzels in the Conference National (Western) then we'll accept that spelling, along with color, tire, airplane and 500 mass shooting events a year.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, washsaint said:

But you still use the British English spelling of 'Spelt' rather than the American English 'Spelled'... ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sibster said:

Has nobody else noticed the irony of criticising someone's comprehension of English.....and then spelling "Apologise" incorrectly?! :)

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

🤣🤣 good spot, I was too busy laughing at MLG squirming. 

I did not spell it incorrectly. 🙄

Spelling the word with a Z or S are acceptable in English.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

@Turkish You really make this easy. 🙄

You are living in the past! Both can be used and the version with a z is more common in British English.

All books written in English since 1800...

Use in British English...

spelling-of-apologize-768x277.png

Use in American English...

Apologize-definition-and-apologise-definition-768x283.png

😂 that’s so sad . Must have taken you ages to produce that graph.

9 hours ago, washsaint said:

So if apologise is the English version, living in England, which version should be used? 

Breaking news!!! 

A multi-billionaire has just parked his 737 at Southampton airport & is currently in his car heading towards St Mary's. he is due to sign the contracts in the next couple of hours.

This is pukka, story to be on the news at 6pm

n:b This is obviously a load of bollocks but it is still better than the shite being discussed on the previous 3 pages.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

@Turkish You really make this easy. 🙄

You are living in the past! Both can be used and the version with a z is more common in British English.

All books written in English since 1800...

Use in British English...

spelling-of-apologize-768x277.png

Use in American English...

Apologize-definition-and-apologise-definition-768x283.png

If I see an english person write it with a Z then it is confirmation that natural selection has failed us.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Bye Bye Reaction GIF by GritTV

Glad to be of service 😉

15 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Interesting choice of gif, the ultimate American icon.

For Americans of the right colour;

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. ... I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from the Indians. Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves"

Marion Morrison, ( aka John Wayne ), interviewed in Playboy 1971.

Edited by badgerx16

OK.....now that the title of the thread has changed......

Firstly, we had (and still have) the inability to tell the difference between "of" and "have", as in "could of" instead of "could have". Then we have people who can't differentiate between "there", "their" and "they're". More recently it is "our" and "are" that seem to be giving people problems. The latest issue seems to be the difference between "then" and "than" that trips people up. Is it that our language is too difficult for people to grasp, or is it that they just can't be bothered? As long as you make yourself understood, the rules of the language don't matter?

On 14/12/2021 at 10:57, Convict Colony said:

If I see an english person write it with a Z then it is confirmation that natural selection has failed us.

Z’s are for thick fuckers that use autocorrect on Teams with default as US dictionary

• Like 2

6 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

OK.....now that the title of the thread has changed......

Firstly, we had (and still have) the inability to tell the difference between "of" and "have", as in "could of" instead of "could have". Then we have people who can't differentiate between "there", "their" and "they're". More recently it is "our" and "are" that seem to be giving people problems. The latest issue seems to be the difference between "then" and "than" that trips people up. Is it that our language is too difficult for people to grasp, or is it that they just can't be bothered? As long as you make yourself understood, the rules of the language don't matter?

definitleigh agree with you're comments.