Saints 1-1 Man City - Match Thread

nta786

Half time SMS is buzzing today.

My first time at Saints since the international break in fairness, but is it just me or has the screens at either end stayed the same? So much for the upgrade.

As for the game, atmosphere is class, we’re more than worthy of our lead regardless of Sterling’s miss, let’s keep it up!!!

2 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Not sure about this. Need that quick transition from defence to attack when we get a chance 

not a fan of Redmond at all but he has pretty much been helping out Perraud for most of that half so not sure id bring him off as Perraud needs help.

never thought I’d say don’t bring Redmond off but hey ho…..

Hmm, Saints poor at second halves against a City side with loads more gears to use...

Come on Saints, would be lovely to get one over on the Champions! (I hate to say it but the nervous Saints fan in me would still take a draw...)

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Absolutely, he just seemed to get nervous in the final 20 minutes and tried to play too conservative, ignoring an easy forward pass in favour of a riskier backwards pass. 

I get the feeling he's following instructions there to keep the ball in certain areas to maintain shape. Unfortunately, a couple of times when relieving the pressure with an easier forward ball might have been the better option. also think Perraud looked a little knackered  at the end,clearing to him being conservative.

Crumbs. Two Redmond posts in a row from me. #Redmondfanclub

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Man City - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic