Saints 1-1 Man City - Match Thread

nta786

Absolutely magnificent display. Just a shame to concede from a set piece.

Salisu was amazing, surely the club must be doing their upmost to agree a new deal with him.

Good to see Armstrong back to something like his best.

Still think i'd prefer to see Lyanco over Bednarek. Just has so much more to his game.

Assume Redmond must have picked up an injury as Elyounessi was less effective.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

He's just so limited. Never does anything particularly wrong but just isn't up to PL standard.

Looks like he’s running in treacle every time he tries to break away.

That is a f**king massive result tonight, yeah we let a lead slip but we’d have all taken a point before the game and given the pressure they put us under it definitely feels like a point won rather than 2 lost.

Salisu was a beast tonight, can’t believe that skate c**t Sherwood had the audacity to slate him a few weeks ago. Really hope we hang on to him come the summer.

Well played Saints, credit to the fans too, played their part tonight.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 2

Also nice to have a positive refereering display

I was sure Var was going to intervene too but was positively surprised by the var official showing sense.

The non penalty wasn't a clear and obvious error imo and while armstrong caught the defender quite high i don't think it was dangerous. It was a scraping one because he just missed the ball.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Wow. Great result. Unbeaten against City this season. And if only we had a keeper who could make his mind up whether or not to come for free kicks, we could have won it.

Salisu and Perraud were the stand-out performers for me. Both brilliant.

Blaming Forster, really? Sure its nothing to do with our stupidly high line where we go zonal marking and allow runners between the lines. It doesnt work as we have seen repeatedly this season. If it wasnt for Forsters save from Sterling we would have lost 

• Like 4

Just now, VictiAbNonem said:

I think Salisu will sell for more than VVD. I hope it doesn't happen too soon.

Let's not go overboard. Van Dijk was better than Salisu from the very first game he played for us, he is truly a world class talent who has only stopped being talked about in those terms because of the long time he was out injured last season. I think Salisu is excellent but I don't see any evidence he will be as good as Van Dijk. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Rodri made a horrific foul on JWP I think but VAR was too busy looking for City penalties to notice.

And the commenaters mentioned that the ref should have gone back and booked him at the same time he booked Moi.

On another point - how can play be called back for a VAR check nearly 3 minutes after the possible offence took place ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Wow. Great result. Unbeaten against City this season. And if only we had a keeper who could make his mind up whether or not to come for free kicks, we could have won it.

Salisu and Perraud were the stand-out performers for me. Both brilliant.

That's one way of looking at it which by the way is completely wrong. Broja let his man go then just stuck is arm off as a way of defending. No keeper comes for that, hes never getting there.

what a match...  great team spirit... deserved that point
Redmond out at half time actually did us which shows that he's been having some decent games for us lately (5 assist I think)
The goal we conceded was poor, was so obvious KdB was going for the far post
We rode out luck but we were brave... really loved it.

Really proud tonight 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Man City - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic