Saints v Brentford - Postponed

ErwinK1961

1 hour ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

A lot of dosh has been spunked up the wall because the PL were frightened of getting trolled by the grief police at the Mail       

Give it a rest, the hatred of the Mail among many on the left is becoming unhinged. You even take the death of our head of state for  the past 70 years to put the poison in.  I’ve actually just read a half decent article from Martin Samual, which contains a lot of criticism over the decision. Where did I read it? Mail online, perhaps the “grief police” will give him his P45. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, egg said:

I was going to the game, yes, but I'm not sure what that's got to do with your inability to see that you and your grandson not going to the game ain't the end of the world. If he could meet you for the football, he could meet you to do something else - I'm struggling to understand why you can only meet up if there's football involved! Regardless, it's one round of football as a consequence of the death of a monarch after 70 years service. I stand by my point that the feet stamping of you and others is pathetic. 

I take the opposite view, of course. Perhaps being so much older I have a different perspective.

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

The death of the longest serving monarch is "no big deal" but you not being able to go to a little football match is, by contrast, a fucking massive deal you seem unable to cope with, or keep calm, or carry on.

By the way, your routine about how many rulers you've seen on a coin is the dictionary definition of virtue signalling, so jolly well done.

Now you’re just being silly. I don’t think you even know what virtue signalling is, yet you join in with it.

Please explain to me why it matters how long she was on the throne? If she hadn’t done it there were plenty of others who would have.

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I take the opposite view, of course. Perhaps being so much older I have a different perspective.

Indeed, different view. It baffles me that there is an expectation that life should carry on as normal in extraordinary circumstances. It's just a few days where people need to accept that some change is necessary, and to make the most of what they can do, rather than complain about missing a bit of football. Anyways, I'm boring myself now so I'll leave it here. I hope you and the grandson get to spend some quality time together, whether at football or elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Now you’re just being silly. I don’t think you even know what virtue signalling is, yet you join in with it.

Please explain to me why it matters how long she was on the throne? If she hadn’t done it there were plenty of others who would have.

I understand virtue signalling perfectly. The problem is people like you can only see virtue signalling in others, in people that aren't you.

You love to lecture "you youngsters" and position older generations like you as better than younger generations because you have coins of other Kings in your pocket once. Fucking amazing. Look how virtuous me and my older generation are, the country "didn't go to the dogs" but it is now because we're better and more virtuous than you youngsters.

Virtue signalling. It's in pretty much every single post you put up on here. If only we had your virtues grandad, you're fucking amazing.

And here you are blubbering like a baby because you didn't get what you wanted and couldn't go to a football match.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, egg said:

Good post SOG, but there's gotta be better things to do than shopping mate! Romsey show for me with the wife and friends, out for dinner tonight. 

Couldn’t swerve the Tescos run sadly but I did walk the dog which was pleasant and then we spent some time sitting in the neighbours garden drinking wine and talking about Elizabeth and Charles, which was actually very pleasant and it was good to share this experience with an older couple. I would have loved to have watched the game today but as there wasn’t one, I did actually end up spending some time talking and thinking about our past monarch and our new monarch so I guess, in this case, the postponement served its purpose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Couldn’t swerve the Tescos run sadly but I did walk the dog which was pleasant and then we spent some time sitting in the neighbours garden drinking wine and talking about Elizabeth and Charles, which was actually very pleasant and it was good to share this experience with an older couple. I would have loved to have watched the game today but as there wasn’t one, I did actually end up spending some time talking and thinking about our past monarch and our new monarch so I guess, in this case, the postponement served its purpose.

Sounds idyllic. A quiet little white, middle class village with old people sipping wine in their gardens and talking about the monarchy. It’s almost like a sketch from Little Britain. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Virtue signalling. It's in pretty much every single post you put up on here. If only we had your virtues grandad, you're fucking amazing.

And here you are blubbering like a baby because you didn't get what you wanted and couldn't go to a football match.

Well, we're lucky there's no danger of you having any virtue to signal. I find it a rare event you making a post that isn't deeply unpleasant or offensive.

Anyway, no grassroots or kids football tomorrow. I'll go and find a game of rugby or cricket for some sport and a minute's silence to show my respect.

Just now, suewhistle said:

Well, we're lucky there's no danger of you having any virtue to signal. I find it a rare event you making a post that isn't deeply unpleasant or offensive.

Anyway, no grassroots or kids football tomorrow. I'll go and find a game of rugby or cricket for some sport and a minute's silence to show my respect.

That’s interesting, because a lot of your posts are nasty and unpleasant as well. I’ve lost count of the amount of foul mouth rants youve launched into over the years. But of course with your massive superiority complex and can’t see it. 

15 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

Had a pleasant day at Wentworth yesterday, lots of black ribbons and the two minutes silence at 9.50am was immaculately observed !

No lack of respect whatsoever which leads me to wonder why football was treated differently to cricket, rugby and golf 🙂

To be fair, don’t people watching golf just stand around in silence looking miserable anyway?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, aintforever said:

To be fair, don’t people watching golf just stand around in silence looking miserable anyway?

Someone needs to revive that famous thread we had on here once: "How can we get the St Mary's crowd to match the atmosphere of  the PGA Tour Championship?"

1 hour ago, eurosaint said:

No lack of respect whatsoever which leads me to wonder why football was treated differently to cricket, rugby and golf

But it wasn't overall. The golf and cricket were suspended for one day on Friday which meant no one could watch the golf or cricket on that day. The PGA tournament at Wentworth has been reduced to 54 holes, presumably making it a less challenging competition this year. Football has effectively suspended one set of matches, but because of TV this spreads over several days. Imagine the outcry if Saturday's matches had been called off as a mark of respect but Sunday & Monday's had been allowed to go ahead, both in terms of some fans being able to watch their teams and others not, and additional fixture congestion for some clubs and not others. Rugby seems to be the big exception, as you rightly say, taking a different approach.

• Like 1