Joe Shields leaving? What the hell is happening???

stevy777_x

5 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

image.thumb.png.64967ab856f9a9cc9056f56eee698932.png

I don't know much but I know for a fact that this did happen. Weird to come out now to deny. 

Well, he's bound to say Lavia was never valued at 50 million isn't he! That's how this underhand, mercenary slimeball rolls

1 hour ago, miserableoldgit said:

It amazes me how toxic this place is at times. People that have been looked upon favourably (Semmons, Steel Blackmore etc) suddenly become villains and to blame for all ills. Can I be the first to blame all the problems on Jim the Kitman and Pete the Groundsman.....and DO NOT get me started on Doris the Tealady!! Anyone I've missed?? Cue the "I've always said......" brigade ..

My favourite episodes are the ones where Semmens, Steele, Blackmore, Jim the Kitman, Pete the Groundsman and Doris the Tea Lady are all unmasked as Eric Black. 🙂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, egg said:

I take it you've never been headhunted and offered a better job. 

I have and 5 months into my new job i was headhunted for another job with 30% pay rise which I didn t take as I wanted to develop myself in my existing job at the time. 

32 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I have and 5 months into my new job i was headhunted for another job with 30% pay rise which I didn t take as I wanted to develop myself in my existing job at the time. 

That's better money, my point was a better job. Shields has been offered a better job at a better club, and undoubtedly for better money. Nobody can blame him for taking it. Just one of them things. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, egg said:

I take it you've never been headhunted and offered a better job. 

Doesn't everyone get headhunted these days thanks to Linkedin?

Surely the issue isn't him leaving but him allegedly leaking it to the press? If we hadn't heard this and then he'd just gone at the end of the season, I'd wish him all the best but the feeling is that everyone's angry for him shooting his mouth off.

• Like 1

Seems like a big risk for Chelsea. The guy was Head of Youth recruitment at City.

Other than bringing across some decent City youngsters,  he hasn't had time to do much here.

Leaking to the press was idiotic. Just upsets everyone. Take the job and leave at the end of the season.

I'm more concerned at the level of turbulence in the club. Starting to look very unstable.

36 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Surely the issue isn't him leaving but him allegedly leaking it to the press? If we hadn't heard this and then he'd just gone at the end of the season, I'd wish him all the best but the feeling is that everyone's angry for him shooting his mouth off.

Quite. Someone gets it

Talk today we have told him to stay away from the club? Guess negotiations have taken place now?

Should we have him work out 6 months notice as per his contract? Or just get him out now, like a bad smell? Assume we get compensation if Chelsea take him now?

Edited by the saint in winchester
clarification

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Some idiot sending out loads of spam messages to loads of people on LinkedIn hoping they'll bite is not headhunting. If people really want you, they'll do it more professionally thaj that.

Has the alleged press leak before the club knew come from anything other than the insinuation from Blackmore? 

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Some idiot sending out loads of spam messages to loads of people on LinkedIn hoping they'll bite is not headhunting. If people really want you, they'll do it more professionally thaj that.

Has the alleged press leak before the club knew come from anything other than the insinuation from Blackmore? 

The old head hunting comparison to excuse any player or manager loyalty. Yeah good luck to Lallana, VVD, Ings……. Just doing what anyone else would do when offered a better deal bs.

Given up expecting any loyalty in this business a long time ago.

4 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Did I hear correctly that RH said at his presser that Shields has had no input in the transfer window because the Summers transfers were done before he arrived?

IF you did hear correctly I would suggest thats more bullshit from Ralph, as he's prone to in these pressers. 

All these signings from City, Its a bloody big coincidence IF that was true isnt it ?

Edited by beatlesaint

22 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Did I hear correctly that RH said at his presser that Shields has had no input in the transfer window because the Summers transfers were done before he arrived?

I find it very difficult to believe that the ex-Man City head of youth thingy wasn't involved in recruiting 5 Man City youth players.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Oh but he did a TED* talk once, so he must be a genius.

*TEDx actually

So....list of people we now hate:- Ralph Hasenhuttl, Martin Semmons, Toby Steel, Jim the Kitman, Pete the Groundsman, Doris the Tea Lady and now Rasmus Ankersen. Have I missed anybody? Who shall we move on to next?🤔

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Poor mans Benezma

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Yeah good riddance to the no mark bald fucker

Not sure the club should put their trust in some prick who models his head on looking like Nathan Redmond. 

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Is Joe Shields the person who thought it was a good idea to blow 70mill on kids instead of buying a proven striker?

I think it was meant to be as well as, not instead of.  For whatever reason it didn't come off.

I've only just realised everyone, including Aribo, he was already aware of through already working with them and/or their agent. Maybe he's used up his "pool" by bringing them all here and decided to jump ship before he was expected to find us some unknown talent for January.

On 12/10/2022 at 18:04, St Louis said:

Bigger club, bigger salary, bigger budgets, live in London, etc..... of course he would leave us to join Chelsea. As would every other manager, coach, player we have or have ever had. It's modern day football. I'm sick of it. I wish we were back in the 80's/90's, when it was all so much more competitive and even.

The timing of their approach is annoying, but I don't blame our club for this. 

Agree on all points, except the live in London bit..... i'd rather live in a cat litter!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

I suppose so...I got my last job through being approached by Linkedin so I'm considering it Headhunting 😆

To be honest, "head of recruitment" is a over hyped job.... he reads scout reports, watches some obscure matches, and says "yeah he's pretty good".....

And the fact he failed to get us a decent striker, makes his leaving seem pretty, Meh.

Edited by Roboze

On 13/10/2022 at 14:26, Bad Wolf said:

We're a stepping stone and long may it continue. The last manager I want us to have is someone that thinks they'll never do any better. 

Sadly, we seem to have one already. Certainly has not been able to use us as a stepping stone if ever that was his intention.

1 hour ago, miserableoldgit said:

So....list of people we now hate:- Ralph Hasenhuttl, Martin Semmons, Toby Steel, Jim the Kitman, Pete the Groundsman, Doris the Tea Lady and now Rasmus Ankersen. Have I missed anybody? Who shall we move on to next?🤔

The majority of PL referees who apparently retain adolescent instincts.

39 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Surely it is plausible that we signed Bazunu & Lavia because we wanted them, and decided ‘why don’t we get the guy who found them for City’ after, rather than the other way round

We were linked to Bazunu last season I think anyways, and if De Bruyne says he’s a great player of course we’re going to want Lavia for 10 ish million 

Interesting that people think a head of recruitment isn’t a key role in the club’s model.

The way we are run, where the ambition is primarily to turn profit on assets purchased at lower prices and not to worry so much about being a better football team, the role is critical. If the club’s current leaders are angry, he was probably seen as quite important too as they identify the targets that then are negotiated with clubs and agents by Toby/Semmens/Ankersen? 

Things are not rosy in the garden folks, whatever the spin. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We had scouts prior to Shields… And had likely been following these players for some time, but didn’t have the finances until SR came about.

We definitely had the finances. Under Gao saints took out a massive loan and a good deal of the cash from that was unspent. It’s why there’s an argument to be made that SR haven’t actually yet invested their own money in the squad.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 2