Saints Kits Season 2023/24

Master Bates

I don’t hate the design but I do think the striped half will just blur into pink from any kind of distance, for anyone who’s not a Tawny Owl or Osprey. Also, as usual, the sponsor logo looks like a naff sticker someone printed out at home.

3 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

Horrific. Ditched any semblance of our traditions with two aberrations in a row.
Danish vanity project by Rasmus and Henrik…  

....Ditched any semblance of our traditions....

FD_d8EhXIAEBILH.jpeg.thumb.jpg.b36b1b25b96da5c8077f402a9cfdf3fb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

Horrific. Ditched any semblance of our traditions with two aberrations in a row.
Danish vanity project by Rasmus and Henrik…  

...ditched any semblance of our traditions....

E1m1fX1XoAIxEFO.jpg

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SW11_Saint said:

You think this is more traditional the red & white stripes? 🤷‍♂️

No, but it's fucking moronic to describe a retro kit that many fans liked and loads of iconic players for us wore as "...ditching any semblance of our traditions".

• Like 7

Just now, CB Fry said:

No, but it's fucking moronic to describe a retro kit that many fans liked and loads of iconic players for us wore as "...ditching any semblance of our traditions".

If you asked a thousand football fans what kit they associate with Southampton FC with what do you think they would say? Red & white stripes or ‘Denmark in the 80s’? 

You know exactly what I mean - I don’t mind an experiment every other year, or rather tolerate it… but this is two non-traditional (and pretty shitty) kits in a row. 

My brother in law has got this mug, he's had it few years and I have definitely drunk tea out of it at my sisters house.

Next time I'm round there I'll tell him it has no "semblance of our traditions" and get him to chuck his season ticket on the fire.

s-l400.png.4c1754bc1d990ea3a0da69036436adda.png

• Haha 1

Just now, CB Fry said:

My brother in law has got this mug, he's had it few years and I have definitely drunk tea out of it at my sisters house.

Next time I'm round there I'll tell him it has no "semblance of our traditions" and get him to chuck his season ticket on the fire.

s-l400.png.4c1754bc1d990ea3a0da69036436adda.png

Why would you do that? Seems a bit extreme. 
It looks just as shit on a mug as it does on a human btw…

4 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

If you asked a thousand football fans what kit they associate with Southampton FC with what do you think they would say? Red & white stripes or ‘Denmark in the 80s’? 

You know exactly what I mean - I don’t mind an experiment every other year, or rather tolerate it… but this is two non-traditional (and pretty shitty) kits in a row. 

A couple of years back Benali and Kenzie were on the website selling retro versions of the original shirt. It sold out in an incredibly short time....why are Saints fans buying it if it has no "semblance of our traditions"?

• Like 1

Just now, CB Fry said:

A couple of years back Benali and Kenzie were on the website selling retro versions of the original shirt. It sold out in an incredibly short time....why are Saints fans buying it if it has no "semblance of our traditions"?

I’m very happy for it to be sold as a retro shirt, where it belongs. One of our worst ones mind you. 

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Getting het up about the kit is weirder than getting het up about the style of football.

The kit can be blue and pink polka dots with a yellow cartoon rabbit on it for all I care.

We haven’t seen the away kit yet…😉

7 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

I don't know why they can't just keep it simple. Liverppol, Man C, Man U, Arsenal et al just largely keep it as it is. Just stick to red and white strips FFS.

Liverpool, City, United and Arsenal have all released kits recently based on some of their previous classics, City and Liverpool have done it this season in fact. That’s what we are doing. It’s not an ‘experiment’ or ripping up tradition, i’d wager the original is probably the most sought after kit in our history on the second hand market, it goes for a fortune in a decent condition. If it looks half as good as the original, this will be a very good seller i’d imagine. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Liverpool, City, United and Arsenal have all released kits recently based on some of their previous classics, City and Liverpool have done it this season in fact. That’s what we are doing. It’s not an ‘experiment’ or ripping up tradition, i’d wager the original is probably the most sought after kit in our history on the second hand market, it goes for a fortune in a decent condition. If it looks half as good as the original, this will be a very good seller i’d imagine. 

Arsenal also played in an Ajax type kit pretty recently with weird navy bits on it too. Liverpool played in a kit with diagonal orange stripes/flashes. United played in a red and black fading kit, City whacked a maroon collar in and centralised the badges. Clubs tweak things, it happens everywhere and it’s nothing to do with destroying tradition. Such melodramatic nonsense. 

Clubs like to mix it up and it makes commercial sense. If you churn out the same design every single year then you see more sales drop off because people who are in the target markets go ‘looks just like the one I have already, I’ll just wear this instead’.

If it looks good in person/on pitch and we play well in it, then it’ll sell. That’s how it goes.

21 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

I don't know why they can't just keep it simple. Liverppol, Man C, Man U, Arsenal et al just largely keep it as it is. Just stick to red and white stripes FFS.

Because if it was the same design each year, people wouldn't buy it as much. The more radically different - The more it'll sell. 

As an aside, do you remember how hard it was to see the black number on the back of the kit when we played in it years ago, can’t wait to see what hash they make of that now!! 

Am all for a tweak every season or so but surely it has to be based on our tradition of stripes! It’s really not clever just putting pics on here of Shearer Case and Le tiss wearing it, they didn’t have a choice cos that’s what we played in for two years! 

The majority of our kits over 130 odd years have been stripes, we have had some really horrible kits in the last 30 years, we continue to mess around with it and come up with such dross. Ask Newcastle what kit they play in, ask anyone who wears stripes! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Think I'll stick to buying one of the away kits this year...

If that is genuine, then i'm really not a fan... The sponsor just ruins it, actually looks horrendous stuck on like that and in red.... Be tempted to say it might be the worst saints home kit in recent years for me but will wait to see it fully. Minimum I think it's going to be tied with the "bra raised" one sadly. 

Edited by Saint86

It's not even worse than the white shirt we've been playing in this past season, which I'd rank as my least favourite in a long while.

I really disliked the 2019 kit with the big black block at the top too. Dishonourable mentions for the reverse sash in 2020 and the red and gold effort under Cortese.

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

It's not even worse than the white shirt we've been playing in this past season, which I'd rank as my least favourite in a long while.

I really disliked the 2019 kit with the big black block at the top too. Dishonourable mentions for the reverse sash in 2020 and the red and gold effort under Cortese.

This new one is way better than all those which were dreadful. This one will sell very well. Ruined of course by a betting sponsor which will probably mean once again I can save my money despite the kit looking smart as fook. 

Sell a more expensive sponsor less version please. 

Edited by niceandfriendly

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Getting het up about the kit is weirder than getting het up about the style of football.

The kit can be blue and pink polka dots with a yellow cartoon rabbit on it for all I care.

I thought I was the only person who’d seen the 2024/25 kit. Ffs….