Saints Kits Season 2023/24

Master Bates

Nice link that.

I think this is my favourite shirt of the modern prem era, and i think also potentially my favourite of the ones post takeover (but close run against the championship/league 1 kits):

image.png.1a671a1c1d062dd70f47cc548f5563f0.png

(as an aside - remarkably similar to my second favourite modern prem era kit - which was also a cracker).

image.png.9ee0473c3cf61e583590d8b7ee0a19f9.png

These next two will always be classic shirts for me, the sash was a super kit in itself (shirt a bit boring by taken alone), and i really liked the additional white of the championship striped kit:
image.png.0bb6142ef6a243223973c294bf535a7a.pngimage.png.2227e1b8bf25a16e8ae54448b5f8c057.png

Call me a puritan, but its very tough to beat a good striped shirt for saints.... notably all of those striped kits had 5 red stripes.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, niceandfriendly said:

Haha tell you what, the original version is beautiful but the near exact f**king replica is disgusting. 🤦‍♂️ 

Modern society, got to have a moan for moaning’s sake. 

I just don’t know why didn’t keep the chevrons down the sleeves .. it’s missing a open goal to only put them on the shoulders .. 

the new Denmark shirt they absolutely nailed it .. it’s still pretty nice kit but a tad disapointing as it was so easy to be perfect 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Nice link that.

I think this is my favourite shirt of the modern prem era, and i think also potentially my favourite of the ones post takeover (but close run against the championship/league 1 kits):

image.png.1a671a1c1d062dd70f47cc548f5563f0.png

(as an aside - remarkably similar to my second favourite modern prem era kit - which was also a cracker).

image.png.9ee0473c3cf61e583590d8b7ee0a19f9.png

These next two will always be classic shirts for me, the sash was a super kit in itself (shirt a bit boring by taken alone), and i really liked the additional white of the championship striped kit:
image.png.0bb6142ef6a243223973c294bf535a7a.pngimage.png.2227e1b8bf25a16e8ae54448b5f8c057.png

Call me a puritan, but its very tough to beat a good striped shirt for saints.... notably all of those striped kits had 5 red stripes.

We have similar taste, I completely agree with your post. They’re the best ones we’ve had in recent years. 

• Like 1

Just now, trousers said:

Was it a mock up or an actual photo of the kit? Cheers 

It was a 5 second video of somebody walking past some offices, I gather in SMS, with a shirt folded on a desk. 

Yellow and blue design of the home shirt.

No shorts or socks, but seemed genuine. I gather with it being removed so quickly it's highly likely it's real.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

It was a 5 second video of somebody walking past some offices, I gather in SMS, with a shirt folded on a desk. 

Yellow and blue design of the home shirt.

No shorts or socks, but seemed genuine. I gather with it being removed so quickly it's highly likely it's real.

Cheers. I guess it might have been a discarded prototype (?) given it doesn't match the description others have given of the 2nd kit (i.e. white with light blue trim)

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

Sounds odd but the red seems redder on the new shirt than it did on the original version, hope so in the flesh. Like it and so does my boy who will be getting one. Bet the away shirt is a howler! 

It is a bit darker. I bought the new one for my boy on Monday and I still have the original so was able to compare. Also, on the original the front and back of the sleeves flipped pattern, as did the front and back of the shirt. Hard to explain in words, but on the old one the right hand side of your body was red and white on the front, red on the back. Now it's red and white front and back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Scott said:

Same design as the Home shirt but yellow and blue

Hmm. First I've heard of it, but who knows.  Maybe they stuck some false info out there, but, given it's based on parts of the badge, I'm almost certain the away shirt is white with sky blue trim, (guessing the water) and the third kit is black with yellow (trees)

• Like 2

On 21/06/2023 at 11:22, Saint Scott said:

Same design as the Home shirt but yellow and blue

On 21/06/2023 at 14:08, Dr Who? said:

Oh good, this sounds awful. 

All a matter of opinion, which will vary. I think the yellow/blue combination (depending on shade etc) could work well.

I don’t mind the design but don’t think the red and white (pink) works. 

But I’m too old to buy and consider wearing one, so just ignore me! 

On 21/06/2023 at 13:50, Scummer said:

Also, on the original the front and back of the sleeves flipped pattern, as did the front and back of the shirt. Hard to explain in words, but on the old one the right hand side of your body was red and white on the front, red on the back. Now it's red and white front and back.

I noticed this, and wonder if the current style may be cheaper or easier to produce. 

Just now, St Louis said:

Ive also just noticed that Sportsbet.IO logo has been removed from the footer of the main website. It definitely was there.
I know it wont be Draper Tools, but does that point at a potential change of main sponsor too?

Would be a bit silly selling kits with them on in the store if we are ditching them for another sponsor but you never know. We can hope. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wsaint said:

Would be a bit silly selling kits with them on in the store if we are ditching them for another sponsor but you never know. We can hope. 

Hopefully a return of the big Draper patch like the 89/90 season! Proper kit nostalgia.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wsaint said:

We did exactly that with LD Sports (or whatever they were called) 3 years ago, when we switched to Sportsbet.
We sold the first batch with the LD logos, and then restocked with new logos.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/25/southampton-say-no-alternative-but-to-ditch-shirt-sponsor-ld-sports

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, St Louis said:

We did exactly that with LD Sports (or whatever they were called) 3 years ago, when we switched to Sportsbet.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/25/southampton-say-no-alternative-but-to-ditch-shirt-sponsor-ld-sports

Yes, but the club ended up offering everyone a free shirt so probably wasn't great commercially for them.

31 minutes ago, St Louis said:

Fair point, although that was a massive clusterfuck on our part and we had to exchange a bunch of shirts, so would be strange to see us do that by choice so soon after. 

Although based on the decision making by the club these last few years you wouldn't be at all surprised I guess 😂

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

It is all part of the fun, I like the shirt and will buy it later in the season when it is discounted, so who knows what sponsors will be on it by then!

I have the sash third kit from a few years ago and the sponsor has peeled off, so sometimes it doesn't even matter who they try and plaster the shirt with.

I quite like sponsors on shirts. They give them a bit of uniqueness. So much so that I have stuck a Sportsbet.io logo on my League 1 sash kit.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, St Louis said:

Ive also just noticed that Sportsbet.IO logo has been removed from the footer of the main website. It definitely was there.
I know it wont be Draper Tools, but does that point at a potential change of main sponsor too?

It hasn't been there since the website changed Design.

On 23/06/2023 at 10:54, St Louis said:

Convinced the club knew in advance that something was up though as the LD version of the kit, the sponsor would peel off easily after one wash. Ended up being a great kit with no sponsor on it. 

• Like 2