Fans Forum

Appy

2 minutes ago, Southner said:

Certainly can't complain about how much money they've pumped into player purchases. Granted there's been frustration as to when players have been brought in, i.e the much needed striker during Ralph's tenure, but who knows, maybe benefit of the doubt is deserved. Maybe they tried?

Jones was definitely seen as a shrewd, hipster type appointment, but recent results aside, NJ's outburst at the weekend alone must've taken them all by surprise just as much as it did us.

Interesting to hear that about Dragan. Would love to know his thoughts on recent events. Given that he doesn't accept failure, it seems mad that relegation would've been factored into NJ's appointment. A somewhat defeatist approach for someone who dislikes failure?

Interesting post.

The fact Everton failed to sign something like 19 players they went for in this window shows just how difficult it is to bring in players you feel are better than you already have. So, I always have a little sympathy for the football club when it comes to signing players and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The fact we signed Onuachu suggests to me that we once again struggled badly in this window to attract a quality striker. It's simply not easy.

Personally, I wasn't totally surprised by his comments or his need to justify himself once more. Everyone has doubted him from the off, and he doesn't have the confidence to just ride above it. He clearly decided that, unlike at Stoke (when he forced his diamond midfield onto a team that was not ready or able), he wouldn't rip up what was already in place when he came here and he would implement his ideas much more slowly. He listened to the pros who wanted a flat back four and wanted to pass through teams, and he avoided a very direct approach, as players and fans were not keen. But with the team not winning, it's him that is getting the stick. It's therefore not surprising he has finally decided `to hell with this', we are going to do it my way, then if I get the sack, I won't have any regrets.  

Any owner, short tempered or not, is going to be extremely unhappy with the current situation. I'd say it's unlikely that they would retain the senior management team should we be relegated. Someone other than the manager has to take some blame and the people that brought in Shields, spent big on young players and made the decisions related to the managers simply can't avoid responsibility. No way have they factored relegation into the appointment. Jones was signed to win games and see us up the table. The club has subsequently doubled down on the decision, with a big old chunk of money spent in the hope of pulling clear. 

• Like 4

Just now, Archers Road Stand said:

From twitter

Rasmus is getting frustrated with the Jones questions it’s very obvious. 

Feels like he’s repeating himself a lot. Willing to give him time at the moment with new signings. #SaintsFC

These idiots don't seem to realise that we don't have time. Bewildering. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

From twitter

Rasmus is getting frustrated with the Jones questions it’s very obvious. 

Feels like he’s repeating himself a lot. Willing to give him time at the moment with new signings. #SaintsFC

He really doesn't want to admit failure does he.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He really doesn't want to admit failure does he.

No he doesn’t but posting that photo of Jones at training in the current climate tells you all you need to know. They are sticking two fingers up at the fans. They better be effin confident they’ll win on Saturday !!

Just now, egg said:

That'll upset some, but can't argue with it. 

Agree, it was a freak result Benfica qualified for the next round of champs league at juventus's expense, no one is giving that up to move to us and the timing of that was just a couple of days before the window "slammed shut".

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

No.

More than 75% of the shares of SR Ltd are owned by SR Holdings.

I thought Rasmus and Kraft were  shareholders of Holdings? Convoluted share set up I think, and Kraft only one with formal significant control, but I'm sure Rasmus has an interest. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

I thought Rasmus and Kraft were  shareholders of Holdings? Convoluted share set up I think, and Kraft only one with formal significant control, but I'm sure Rasmus has an interest. 

Nope - I posted screen shots of companies house listings on the other thread...

Dragan - controls Holdings

Holdings controls SR Ltd where Ankerson and Kraft are directors.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No.

More than 75% of the shares of SR Ltd are owned by SR Holdings.

The SR Holding LTD shareholders are Dragan, Rasmus, and Sport Republic Nominee Ltd

Edited by egg