Fans Forum

Appy

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Anything about what our finances will be like when we go down?

Yes they said they are committed I'd we go down. Didn't go into specifics for obvious reasons. I think generally they came accross well, I just think some of the questioners needed to ask more specific questions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charliemiller said:

Just listened to the recording and the hope I take from that is I honestly do not think they understood how deep the dislike of Jones ,his tactics and his words has gone into the total fanbase .

There will be some deep discussions i am , also near the end I think it was Semmens said we dont share everything , some things we have to keep quiet about until its the right time to act , it suggested they have something up there sleeve they are putting in place and it just is not the right time YET to Bin Jones.

And to answer a couple of questions from Hypo earlier .....i saw the post about Jones getting sacked on n0t606 , but the players training separetly was told by a source outside the internet connected to the club .

Thanks for that. Training photos showed them training with the others today though? 

Listening to the recording, you can certainly tell Semmens is pissed off at the situation based on a couple of his answers. One on Jones' comments at the weekend and the other about first teamers in the B team. It's clear as day to anyone that Ankersen is the one keeping Jones here and his stubbornness and unwillingness to admit mistakes will relegate us. 

• Like 2

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Chunk in the middle was about the woman. I slipped that bit. 

Tbf. I’m surprised anyone asked about the women’s team given the current situation, but the woman who asked the question seemed to be heavily involved with the women’s team. She said she goes home and away to every women’s game, so was asking about funding and keeping the ladies team if we go down. Not something I care about particularly but fair enough if it’s something you’re interested in. 

He also mentioned that he hoped the women’s side would become completely self sustainable “soon”

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Cheers. That's a crazy strategy. He essentially conceded he knew that Ralph was a busted flush, but was willing to take a gamble, then gamble on a new bloke for part 2 of the season of Ralph messed up part 1.

Loyalty is a lovely quality, but not in premier league football.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Monk said:

Respect to them fronting it.

However, it's categorically not good enough. It's pretty simple, I'm beyond caring about the result Saturday (ish), I want St Mary's to be so venomous so it's crystal clear we want Nathan Jones out. Jones's performance AND conduct has been nothing short of a disgrace. I can hack going down, just not under him. 

I can't get my head round this , each to their own but I want to win on Saturday

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Cheers. That's a crazy strategy. He essentially conceded he knew that Ralph was a busted flush, but was willing to take a gamble, then gamble on a new bloke for part 2 of the season of Ralph messed up part 1.

Loyalty is a lovely quality, but not in premier league football.

Yep...absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Yeah I can not get my head round people who want to create an atmosphere to destroy what little confidence is left in saints players, in a huge relegation six pointer. 

Nobody wants to impact on the players, but we need to look at the bigger picture imo. Jones needs to go. The board got the measure of the fans feeling tonight, but aren't willing to act. 25,000 fans shouting the point at them will hopefully get the point home loud and clear. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, egg said:

Nobody wants to impact on the players, but we need to look at the bigger picture imo. Jones needs to go. The board got the measure of the fans feeling tonight, but aren't willing to act. 25,000 fans shouting the point at them will hopefully get the point home loud and clear. 

What bigger picture, guaranteeing relegation & ensuring Jones gets as big a pay off as possible. 

• Like 2

So the welsh prick is staying, utterly ridiculous decision

Fucking idiots running our club again

They will let him go if they don’t feel he is improving the team….. what a joke

FFS you loons, he’s made us worse, a lot worse

Admit you’ve failed and sack the prick

Edited by tdmickey3
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Yeah I can not get my head round people who want to create an atmosphere to destroy what little confidence is left in saints players, in a huge relegation six pointer. 

I don't think it will get that nasty unless we lose. The Forest game it did kick off a fair bit but only after the final whistle. If we're 2 or more goals down I'd expect the atmosphere to take a turn during the game.

disappointed rasmus didn’t randomly get up half way through and click a button to make a giant monitor appear behind him labelling out his powerpoint / spreadsheets of why Jones is in fact the best in europe on XG. then for him to talk you through it like one of his TED talks

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I don't think it will get that nasty unless we lose. The Forest game it did kick off a fair bit but only after the final whistle. If we're 2 or more goals down I'd expect the atmosphere to take a turn during the game.

forest got toxic before the final whistle, people were booing long balls forward etc. I fully expect it to be toxic if we aren’t leading by HT

So, how does it work now. It reads that they are supporting Jones, and if the ship goes down, so be it.

You also have a team at rock bottom, seemingly because of Hassenhutl.

So, do you support the team, or, do you push against the tide in the hope that they will get rid of the manager. The feel in the stadium will, inevitably, have an impact on outcomes.

It's all bizarre, but it seems that everyone top to bottom has decisions to make that will ultimately decide your season. Are the new players enough for Jones to push forward, and is he strong enough emotionally and canny enough strategically to carry the team forward. 

I'll stop posting now, as I'm probably annoying, but I wish you all good luck 👍 

• Like 1

Wondering what score it would take for Jones to be fired after Wolves. 0-5? 0-4? I think he survives if it is 0-3 unless there are big protests. Ps betting has Bielsa favourite. Pretty meaningless. Hassenhuttl was second 

33 minutes ago, JRM said:

I can't get my head round this , each to their own but I want to win on Saturday

Fair enough, but I'm at the points I'd take losing and Jones going over winning and Jones staying. 

Each to our own. 

• Like 7

The Ralph stuff is infuriating.

If they knew he needed to be sacked in the summer and he’d lost the dressing room what was the point in a) rolling the dice hoping things would miraculously change b) forcing a formation on him that nobody wanted further alienating the squad and wasting an entire pre season trying it out and c) end that entire period with Nathan Jones being the number 1 target to replace him. 

Catastrophic mis management that ultimately somebody needs to be sacked for. 

• Like 10

I think they deserve credit for coming out and fronting it, it wasn't as muted or conditioned as I thought it may be, so they sat there and took quite a few punches (although it was a little bit milder than I thought it would be).

The general takeaway from that is clear though, the club aren't happy with the situation, with the results and with Jones comments at the weekend. So for those reasons alone I'm utterly baffled as to why he is here, the comments Rasmus made regarding doing it when the time is right and that they have more reference points to work from is waffle, let's be honest. The only reference point that matters is 4:50pm on a Saturday afternoon, and that reference point is currently Southampton-nill. That should be the only reference point that matters, no matter how good mates he is with JWP on the training pitch.

As much as I want us to win on Saturday I'm not sure if it's a good thing in the long-term, as it will extend his stay even more. I'm pretty convinced in my mind that he's got to go, I don't like the fact he's associated with us and he's not someone I really want to watch or listen to anymore.

I appreciate their commitment to the future and that we'll be fine next year, whatever happens, but at the end of the day the actions talk - and all we have seen since the summer is quite frankly chaos and as I sit here today it doesn't bode well for future decisions. There have been clubs in the lower leagues in the past with all the chatter but nothing to back it up, I hope we're not going down that road.

As I said, I respect them for fronting up at a time when they knew there was a grilling coming their way. I do believe everything they are doing is well-intentioned and they are trying, but their decision making up to now is leaving a lot to be desired - and keeping Jones on is another decision that has added further doubts in my mind.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

If they knew he needed to be sacked in the summer and he’d lost the dressing room what was the point in a) rolling the dice hoping things would miraculously change b) forcing a formation on him that nobody wanted further alienating the squad and wasting an entire pre season trying it out and c) end that entire period with Nathan Jones being the number 1 target to replace him. 

I think this a bit of a foreshadowing to how long they’ll sit on their hands with Jones. 

• Like 2

One thing I’m noting now from several sources. The players hated Ralf at the end and our results/performances were awful. Now the players love playing for Jones and our results/performances are awful. I’m spotting a theme……

• Like 3

Just now, Hodgey said:

One thing I’m noting now from several sources. The players hated Ralf at the end and our results/performances were awful. Now the players love playing for Jones and our results/performances are awful. I’m spotting a theme……

Players 100% have to take a share the flak.

4 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Players 100% have to take a share the flak.

Absolutley, not all of them, but there are players still in and around the group who have struggled no matter who is in place. I have to include JWP in that as these struggles seem to follow him around, he's lacking something in his makeup which I think makes him struggle as the main man. Bednarek, Armstrong, Moussa, Elyounoussi, Adams, Perraud, Diallo - they've been associated with this shit for years, and it's not getting any better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think they deserve credit for coming out and fronting it, it wasn't as muted or conditioned as I thought it may be, so they sat there and took quite a few punches (although it was a little bit milder than I thought it would be).

The general takeaway from that is clear though, the club aren't happy with the situation, with the results and with Jones comments at the weekend. So for those reasons alone I'm utterly baffled as to why he is here, the comments Rasmus made regarding doing it when the time is right and that they have more reference points to work from is waffle, let's be honest. The only reference point that matters is 4:50pm on a Saturday afternoon, and that reference point is currently Southampton-nill. That should be the only reference point that matters, no matter how good mates he is with JWP on the training pitch.

As much as I want us to win on Saturday I'm not sure if it's a good thing in the long-term, as it will extend his stay even more. I'm pretty convinced in my mind that he's got to go, I don't like the fact he's associated with us and he's not someone I really want to watch or listen to anymore.

Depends on if you think relegation would be good in the long-term. If you think staying up in short term it is pretty vital at the very least not losing on Saturday but ideally winning. Think jones probably has to have some sort of special turnaround above squeaking out of relegation zone to be here next season.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Absolutley, not all of them, but there are players still in and around the group who have struggled no matter who is in place. I have to include JWP in that as these struggles seem to follow him around, he's lacking something in his makeup which I think makes him struggle as the main man. Bednarek, Armstrong, Moussa, Elyounoussi, Adams, Perraud, Diallo - they've been associated with this shit for years, and it's not getting any better.

I don't think Perraud has done much wrong personally. All the others though have been largely very poor apart from jwp. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

These are the very reasons we will likely go down. They needed to act quickly and decisively in the summer. 

Why Jones is staying is beyond words at the stage. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I appreciate their commitment to the future and that we'll be fine next year, whatever happens, but at the end of the day the actions talk - and all we have seen since the summer is quite frankly chaos and as I sit here today it doesn't bode well for future decisions. There have been clubs in the lower leagues in the past with all the chatter but nothing to back it up, I hope we're not going down that road.

As I said, I respect them for fronting up at a time when they knew there was a grilling coming their way. I do believe everything they are doing is well-intentioned and they are trying, but their decision making up to now is leaving a lot to be desired - and keeping Jones on is another decision that has added further doubts in my mind.

When Jones is sacked are you happy for the same group of clowns led by Ankersen to preside over appointing his successor based on a load of claptrap algorithms and garbage spewed out by a compute? This lot haven't got a clue how to run a football club,

• Like 1