Fans Forum

Appy

Cant see this being used as anything other than a PR exercise. It's not being live streamed, questions are vetted, and likely being asked by the host to avoid anyone going off-piste, and the video/audio edited (potentially heavily depending on how it goes) before being released.

If the rumour @charliemiller mentioned on the NJ thread is true, and NJ is sacked this afternoon, Rasmus, Semmens and co. will have a slightly easier ride. Maybe.

They're not stupid enough to think that a forum with vetted questions will suddenly get everyone on board with NJ and the current mess, so it is surprising that the forum hasn't been postponed. They must be feeling confident.

Edited by Southner
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Southner said:

Cant see this being used as anything other than a PR exercise. It's not being live streamed, questions are vetted, and likely being asked by the host to avoid anyone going off-piste, and the video/audio edited (potentially heavily depending on how it goes) before being released.

If the rumour @charliemiller mentioned on the NJ thread is true, and NJ is sacked this afternoon, Rasmus, Semmens and co. will have a slightly easier ride. Maybe.

They're not stupid enough to think that a forum with vetted questions will suddenly get everyone on board with NJ and the current mess, so it is surprising that the forum hasn't been postponed. They must be feeling confident.

As I’ve said before SR have backed us and got everything right bar Jones. Maybe you’re right . * wishful thinking *.

im a known SR luvvie but am incredulous about the Jones appointment.I get there’s some long term planning involved but don’t tell me relegation was factored in.

I know quite a bit about Dragan Slovak. There were a lot of features and interviews with him last year. A short tempered but intelligent man, very political, will not take failure. Very famous in Serbia I cannot see him accepting failure at all. I reckon if you worked for him and fucked up you wouldn’t last very long.

Edited by manji
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LGTL said:

You'll be sure there's about to be a shit question, as the moron asking it will start with "I've been a Saints supporter for 58 years..." like any of us care. 

hi im jim from shirley, ive supported saints for 60 years and I want to thank ralph, oh sorry nathan for being the manager of our great club. my question to all is when will ward prowse and one of our own theo walcott be given their testimonials?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Questions needed to be phrased correctly. Heap praise on them, doing a wonderful job, more money spent than ever before, vision for the club is excellent etc then go in with BUT what the hell were you thinking appointing this manager and more the point why the hell is he still in post" 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint_lambden said:

Is it being 'hosted' by Blackmore/Solent again or is some club stooge doing it?

It's not a media fan forum, it's a behind closed doors/select few round a table. We won't hear anything from it unless we get some gossip from those that went.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

It's not a media fan forum, it's a behind closed doors/select few round a table. We won't hear anything from it unless we get some gossip from those that went.

I think I read somewhere (Steve maybe) that they had some itv local reporter doing it and the suggestion was maybe it was because Blackmore is on holiday. 

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I think I read somewhere (Steve maybe) that they had some itv local reporter doing it and the suggestion was maybe it was because Blackmore is on holiday. 

Paul Belverstone? He's covering for Blackmore on the pre-match press duties, I think that's what Steve was referring to.

Think this may be my 3rd post in 24 hours, but we've got word that bags, laptops etc. will be allowed in the room.

Failing all I'll either try to take some notes on my phone or scribble down as much as I remember afterwards.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ant said:

Think this may be my 3rd post in 24 hours, but we've got word that bags, laptops etc. will be allowed in the room.

Failing all I'll either try to take some notes on my phone or scribble down as much as I remember afterwards.

Use your phone to record the audio, hopefully you or someone else close enough to capture it all. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

There seems to be a developing rift between Semmens (who wasn't in favour of Jones) and Ankerson (who was).

Blackmore seems very much in the pro Semmens camp (he never lets a word be said against him) but has been very critical of Jones in recent days.

If true Semmens just went up a little in my estimation.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

There seems to be a developing rift between Semmens (who wasn't in favour of Jones) and Ankerson (who was).

Blackmore seems very much in the pro Semmens camp (he never lets a word be said against him) but has been very critical of Jones in recent days.

Opinion? Or you know?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Southner said:

People like Ankersen have an inner belief that they are far more intelligent than the rest. He'll likely be arrogant enough to assume he can easily deal with/deflect questions from those with far less intelligence than himself. He'll be anticipating taking this in his stride.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, manji said:

As I’ve said before SR have backed us and got everything right bar Jones. Maybe you’re right . * wishful thinking *.

im a known SR luvvie but am incredulous about the Jones appointment.I get there’s some long term planning involved but don’t tell me relegation was factored in.

I know quite a bit about Dragan Slovak. There were a lot of features and interviews with him last year. A short tempered but intelligent man, very political, will not take failure. Very famous in Serbia I cannot see him accepting failure at all. I reckon if you worked for him and fucked up you wouldn’t last very long.

From where I'm sitting Ankersen is going through a fair amount of Dragan's hard-earned. When can we expect the short temper and wrath to kick in?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, saintant said:

From where I'm sitting Ankersen is going through a fair amount of Dragan's hard-earned. When can we expect the short temper and wrath to kick in?

Yes, he’s spending like a drunken sailor, just like Cortese. But one knew what he was doing and took us up from L1 to the PL, and the other is a complete fraud taking us in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Don't know whether there's any sort of "rift", really. Power shift, more likely. There has been a change in the chain of command since Sports Republic bought the club which means that Semmens now isn't at the top of the food chain anymore. Gao (and Katharina Liebherr, to a lesser extent) let him get on with it and trusted his judgement, presumably because Gao wasn't actually putting any money in (no particular issue with that, the club ideally should stand on its own two feet - we've seen what happens when it doesn't), whereas now SR are putting money in to fund transfer spending they understandably want more control.

46 minutes ago, saintant said:

If true Semmens just went up a little in my estimation.

If there was a "rift" and Semmens objected so strongly to the appointment, it seems odd that a resignation letter hasn't been written.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Yes, he’s spending like a drunken sailor, just like Cortese. But one knew what he was doing and took us up from L1 to the PL, and the other is a complete fraud taking us in the opposite direction. 

It’s pretty astonishing how little the summer signings have had an impact on our team this season. ABK and Lavia being the only two consistent performers and they’ve both had long injury layoffs. Under Cortese we did make the odd Ramirez, Mayuka and Osvaldo signing, although the latter was influenced by Pochettino. But, that was countered by a Clyne, Rodriguez, Lovren, Boruc, Wanyama, etc… 

It wasn’t the most difficult task to improve our struggling team from last season, but somehow we’ve made it a challenge and failed. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

It’s pretty astonishing how little the summer signings have had an impact on our team this season. ABK and Lavia being the only two consistent performers and they’ve both had long injury layoffs. Under Cortese we did make the odd Ramirez, Mayuka and Osvaldo signing, although the latter was influenced by Pochettino. But, that was countered by a Clyne, Rodriguez, Lovren, Boruc, Wanyama, etc… 

It wasn’t the most difficult task to improve our struggling team from last season, but somehow we’ve made it a challenge and failed. 

We bought for the future. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we actually had one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

It’s pretty astonishing how little the summer signings have had an impact on our team this season. 

I'm sure there will be questions about Jones' suitability, tactics etc, but for me this is certainly something that needs to be questioned. The manager does not scout or recruit. Obviously he has a major say on the type and even who, as the Bree and Onuachu signings show, but the majority of the signings have nothing to do with NJ (or the previous manager), so the people involved and overseeing that department need to answer for this. With Shields leaving, maybe the person `most at fault' has departed, so the rest will remain blameless?

Edited by Chez

1 hour ago, manji said:

Certainly can't complain about how much money they've pumped into player purchases. Granted there's been frustration as to when players have been brought in, i.e the much needed striker during Ralph's tenure, but who knows, maybe benefit of the doubt is deserved. Maybe they tried?

Jones was definitely seen as a shrewd, hipster type appointment, but recent results aside, NJ's outburst at the weekend alone must've taken them all by surprise just as much as it did us.

Interesting to hear that about Dragan. Would love to know his thoughts on recent events. Given that he doesn't accept failure, it seems mad that relegation would've been factored into NJ's appointment. A somewhat defeatist approach for someone who dislikes failure?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manji said:

Isn't it about time Ankersen entered the Dragan's Den? Maybe Dragan could ask him a few pointed questions about what he's done with his investment and, when he's listened to Ankersen's dodgy answers he'd say, 'For that reason Rasmus, I'm out!'

1 minute ago, goodymatt said:

So Blackmore isn’t on holiday then? Might be right to assume his real opinions are coming out due to him not having the same access to the club as previously? Does seem a bit of a coincidence…

Or he’s throwing his toys out of the pram because they’ve fucked him off. One thing for sure, he’s a bit late coming over all straight talking after sucking up to Ralph the past year. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

So Blackmore isn’t on holiday then? Might be right to assume his real opinions are coming out due to him not having the same access to the club as previously? Does seem a bit of a coincidence…

Didn't he get an interview with them a couple of weeks ago? 

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Or he’s throwing his toys out of the pram because they’ve fucked him off. One thing for sure, he’s a bit late coming over all straight talking after sucking up to Ralph the past year. 

Agree with that. He referred to the attitude of the fans as entitled which was never the case. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

To be fair I think it's disgusting any journalist think it's normal to be fed stuff directly from the club in return for access or exclusives.

It's a compliant relationship where the club has all the leverage and thus the "journalists" are just more credible club plants than us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Southner said:

I think you may be underestimating their ego and arrogance. I think we see more people in power using the ethos that bullshit baffles brains. Whatever the question, say what you want to say, and say it like it’s a fact. Don’t worry that others may say the opposite. I don’t believe they really care what the fans believe. This is a PR stunt. Ticking a box. When they decide they’ve had enough of Jones they will make the decision…clearly not there yet.

somebody mentioned that they have been a fan for 10s of years, me too and I’ve never felt more distant from our club. Don’t feel like saints anymore other than name. Rich mans plaything 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

Hopefully Semmens gets the chop then, man is beyond useless

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I'd say its Ankerson who is the issue in this scenario if its accurate. 

Does everyone realise ankerson is in the ownership group with kraft and dragan, he has put some money into this as well, not a lot vs dragan but as a owner he's not going anywhere and he's the prime reason kraft is onboard and thus kraft is the prime reason dragan is onboard.

1 goes i expect they all go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Hopefully Semmens gets the chop then, man is beyond useless

kept us running on no money and in the premier league before SR.

Think its a bit harsh, he has been good for us and effective and helped bring on owners who've now invested more into our team than any season in our history.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I'd say its Ankerson who is the issue in this scenario if its accurate. 

Yeah I think your correct on that one.

Ankerson comes across as arrogant and useless but not stupid, hanging onto Jones in this situation is beyond any reasonable business justification, by any metric (I know Rasmus likes these things) Jones’ position is completely untenable

As for those wishing Ankerson to leave by Dragans hand I don’t think you quite understand the relationship, its my understanding Dragan has bought into ‘sports republic’ that is effectively Kraft X Ankerson more than he has bought into Southampton… Im sure questions are being asked but make no mistake I think there will be a divorce between SR and the club before we see one between SR and Ankerson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Does everyone realise ankerson is in the ownership group with kraft and dragan, he has put some money into this as well, not a lot vs dragan but as a owner he's not going anywhere and he's the prime reason kraft is onboard and thus kraft is the prime reason dragan is onboard.

Maybe so. I'm just saying that Semmens not wanting Jones isn't a weakness of his and Ankerson considering him suitable is very much a weakness. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Maybe so. I'm just saying that Semmens not wanting Jones isn't a weakness of his and Ankerson considering him suitable is very much a weakness. 

The interesting bit would be what is semmens basing it on v's rasmus's data driven approach.

Very hard to refute numbers etc with just basic commonsense.

Edited by Convict Colony

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

kept us running on no money and in the premier league before SR.

Think its a bit harsh, he has been good for us and effective and helped bring on owners who've now invested more into our team than any season in our history.

I think thats more down to Crocker and Ralph before he was burnt out then it was Semmens tbh who just managed to get by with soundbites that when analysed are vacuous or contradictory

Im no great fan of the man, was apparently instrumental in fucking up some of our transfer targets in the summer too

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

With respect you're wrong. Sport Republic is 100% owned by Dragan Solak. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Not according to companies house - Dragan has 100% control over SR via Sports Republic Holding Ltd

See this post for more detail