Fans Forum

Appy

4 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

We’re bottom of table. Will likely stay there even if we win this weekend. No team has ever stayed up going through 3 managers in a year. So yeah I can understand why they’d prefer to stick than twist at this point.

I don't. We have to give us ourselves more of a chance, still 17 odd games left. Am sure a better and experienced manager gets more out of these players. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Bloody hell, that's quicker than I could get over here to post it. And it's my file!

Appreciative 'likes' on this post, please. 😛

Edited by ant
  • Like 36
  • Haha 6

The best thing about the forum was guys they turned up, answered questions and then stood around and spoke informally to people there afterwards.

At least they fronted it up to what they know was a vitriolic fanbase, its their money going down the pan but i expect big boy decisions like Jones is why they probably have the money in the first place.

The next unknown is what Jones ball looks like on saturday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

The best thing about the forum was guys they turned up, answered questions and then stood around and spoke informally to people there afterwards.

At least they fronted it up to what they know was a vitriolic fanbase, its their money going down the pan but i expect big boy decisions like Jones is why they probably have the money in the first place.

The next unknown is what Jones ball looks like on saturday.

Fair play for them staying around and answering questions at the end. Feel pleased I could say what I wanted 

• Like 4

I managed to record it all, however no idea how to get it from my watch to my phone! Also got to drive home, will have a go later if no one else got there first.

Generally my summary would be, people were firm but fair and respectful.

My gut feel is they didn’t realise how much the bad feeling was towards Jones.

They don’t agree with some of the decisions but they don’t want to micromanage the manager, they have to let him put his own stamp on it. They’re expecting a big response this weekend playing high tempo front footed, quick transition football. 

They’re all disappointed with where we are but they believe Jones is still the right man, as of now, (though I did have a brief off the record chat with Rasmus, and my gut feeling is they haven’t sacked him because they haven’t found anyone else.)

The academy pathway is a key part of the club going forward. 

They need to (as a board) do more work to be closer to the fans and more involved with the local community. 

The bloke who was in charge of it kept trying to move it away from Jones chat but fans kept going back to it. 

There is an idea that all SR clubs will play with a similar ethos, so they have the opportunity to flip players between the clubs, but at the same time, that’s not specifically formation and specific tactics etc. that’s down to the manager. 

Probably missed a load out but sure someone else can add to this post.

Driving home now. 

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 19

Beyond the recording (which I'm not even going to try to transcribe)...

Spoke to Martin Semmens afterwards and asked him whether they've considered staff at the lower rungs, RE: relegation. He seems reasonably confident that there wouldn't be job losses on the previous scale should we go down, due to SR's backing.

Then talked to Adam Blackmore outside - firstly for Solent, and then off the record.

He has zero faith that the board will actually sort things out...Take what you will from that. But IMO he'll have seen plenty that we're not privvy to.

Adam also doesn't believe his access to the club is being cut off. And cryptically said that whilst some within the club don't like what he's saying, others do.

• Like 19

5 hours ago, saintant said:

People like Ankersen have an inner belief that they are far more intelligent than the rest. He'll likely be arrogant enough to assume he can easily deal with/deflect questions from those with far less intelligence than himself. He'll be anticipating taking this in his stride.

You're not wrong. Retaining complete control of a situation helps, too. No live stream and controlled questioning will enable him/them to spin the evening how they wish.

Very cynical of me, and I'd happily be proved wrong. Will be interesting to hear the attendee's verdict on the evening compared with the edited highlights...

I might as well add something I was told Sunday after some of the ambivalence from the hierarchy if the club go down.

A good friend of mine, well connected, asked about the club to someone who works there. They are inside the club at close quarters in one of the coaching depts. He said there’s a general acceptance that we’re going down and is very disappointed in some of the players attitudes at the situation. A lack of willingness to fight etc. He also said the club is fully prepared for relegation. No imminent news on Jones either but a good portion of the team do enjoy playing for him.

There’s a lot of good people really trying, but there’s a few who are just …. 🤷🏻‍♂️. A lot of style over substance, a lot of talk no action etc. 

None of you will be legitimately surprised to hear any of the above no doubt.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

We’re bottom of table. Will likely stay there even if we win this weekend. No team has ever stayed up going through 3 managers in a year. So yeah I can understand why they’d prefer to stick than twist at this point.

Up until a week ago I was happy to stick with him. Then we had the Newcastle and Brentford games which were dismal, the post match meltdown where he claimed he was accountable and then everybody else was accountable, and then the reports of falling out with some players and other players not having faith in his abilities - that is more than enough to twist at this point. Once you've lost a certain section of the dressing room then you're done I'm afraid. Why would some of those players bust a gut for somebody they dont respect or trust. And with every negative result, the situation just exacerbates with negativity spreading and more players joining the mutiny. 

I dont see any manager keeping us up right now and not many will want to come given our situation. And if somebody was to be persuaded to come in, and we still go down, then fans will likely want them gone in the summer (which is another contract pay out for the club). Unfortunately Rasmus et al have backed themselves into a corner where they'll likely have to stick with Jones, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were sounding out longer term replacements who would be willing to lead us in the Championship

• Like 3

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't understand why they would enjoy playing for him, just don't get it. 

Yep. I think we have a fairly chunky split in the dressing room. Why were persisting with this I’ve no idea. Let alone the manager going insane for all the world to see.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Southner said:

You're not wrong. Retaining complete control of a situation helps, too. No live stream and controlled questioning will enable him/them to spin the evening how they wish.

Very cynical of me, and I'd happily be proved wrong. Will be interesting to hear the attendee's verdict on the evening compared with the edited highlights...

They said that the reason why wasn’t Livestreamed was because they wanted to live stream the youth game and they couldn’t do both because they don’t have the staff. It will supposedly be put up on YouTube tomorrow in full without any editing. They are also concerned about swearing given where we are and wanted to bleep them out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

They said that the reason why wasn’t Livestreamed was because they wanted to live stream the youth game and they couldn’t do both because they don’t have the staff. It will supposedly be put up on YouTube tomorrow in full without any editing. They are also concerned about swearing given where we are and wanted to bleep them out.

Did they address the reason why Jones wasn't there?

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Just listened to the beginning of the recording - can appreciate the reasoning, can't argue with that. 

Spoke to Rasmus afterwards and asked what ‘doing things his way (Jones) meant. Rasmus said he wants to play quick on transitions and to get the ball forward quickly. I said I hope that doesn’t mean long ball. He said no it doesn’t. I mentioned that the style he wants to play seems to be the exact thing he’s been saying all along (front footed) so it doesn’t sound any different.   I was really impressed that Rasmus took whatever questions. He even asked a fan what team he wanted to see and also said the comments people were making about Bednarek were a little unfair (Janny AB’s disrespectful comments when he went on loan were pointed out)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, saint michael said:

I think you may be underestimating their ego and arrogance. I think we see more people in power using the ethos that bullshit baffles brains. Whatever the question, say what you want to say, and say it like it’s a fact. Don’t worry that others may say the opposite. I don’t believe they really care what the fans believe. This is a PR stunt. Ticking a box. When they decide they’ve had enough of Jones they will make the decision…clearly not there yet.

somebody mentioned that they have been a fan for 10s of years, me too and I’ve never felt more distant from our club. Don’t feel like saints anymore other than name. Rich mans plaything 

I live in constant hope, but that's usually thwarted by unreasonable expectation.

Haven't listened to the recording yet, but here's hoping that ego and arrogance is left in the car park. 

26 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

They don’t agree with some of the decisions but they don’t want to micromanage the manager, they have to let him put his own stamp on it. They’re expecting a big response this weekend playing high tempo front footed, quick transition football. 

They’re all disappointed with where we are but they believe Jones is still the right man, as of now, (though I did have a brief off the record chat with him, and my gut feeling is they haven’t sacked him because they haven’t found anyone else.)

Him being, Rasmus or Semmens ?

I’m currently listening to it and have read all the posts. FWIW I take a few things from it that aren’t all negative (sorry if that doesn’t fit the narrative). Fair play to them for fronting up to everything asked and appearing to try and give candid and honest answers. Ultimately I think Wolves will be the watershed moment for NJ - literally a must win game. Look, we may not like all of what they had to say and we all probably think we could do a better job but I bet plenty of other clubs wouldn’t have even entertained a forum like this BIM everything that’s going on with the club.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Him being, Rasmus or Semmens ?

Must have been Rasmus. He was near enough the only person with anything to say about on-the-pitch issues.

(Also, FFS - this forum always manages to tempt me to spend the fiver when we're shit...)

Rasmus is a very good speaker. However, similar to Jones telling us he plays aggressive, fast football, it should not matter when the words you're hearing are not accurate to what is legitimately happening in front of us.

I appreciate that it's somewhat nice of them to stick behind for a bit and talk to some fans, and to some that will be enough. But the club is failing, even the more positive of fans are now borderline resigned to relegation and we have an absolute prick of a manager. I'm travelling down to the game on Saturday not with any hope of a victory, but for the purpose of hopefully being part of an atmosphere which forces our board into making the decision which could actually save us from relegation.

This situation quite simply cannot be resolved under Nathan Jones. He has absolutely zero support and as you saw in situations such as Everton staying up last season, the fans are absolutely paramount in relegation battles. I have never seen a manager quite so unlikeable across any club in football. Whether the board legitimately believe that what they're seeing on the training ground could help improve things or not, he has lost the right to even have that opportunity.

I quite unfairly immediately assumed that tough questions weren't asked, as that definitely is not the case judging by the audio Antony posted, but the answers aren't good enough. Claiming that we'd just be going round in circles when fans are passionately laying out their displeasure with the situation, followed by a 5 minute ego chat about how brilliant our plans are and how long term it'll keep us in line with the high-spenders is just bollocks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, saints-til-i-die said:

Spoke to Rasmus afterwards and asked what ‘doing things his way (Jones) meant. Rasmus said he wants to play quick on transitions and to get the ball forward quickly. I said I hope that doesn’t mean long ball. He said no it doesn’t. I mentioned that the style he wants to play seems to be the exact thing he’s been saying all along (front footed) so it doesn’t sound any different.   I was really impressed that Rasmus took whatever questions. He even asked a fan what team he wanted to see and also said the comments people were making about Bednarek were a little unfair (Janny AB’s disrespectful comments when he went on loan were pointed out)

Appreciate the feedback from those that went. Ultimately, they're going to ostensibly back the manager and this isn't the place to announce any imminent changes. I just hope they comes to their senses very soon while there's an outside of preventing relegation. Dyche has shown how quick a team can be organised into something resembling a premiership outfit. I can't think of a time when our team looks so disjointed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, saints-til-i-die said:

More spin than a twin tub washing machine from Rasmus.

• Like 1

Respect to them fronting it.

However, it's categorically not good enough. It's pretty simple, I'm beyond caring about the result Saturday (ish), I want St Mary's to be so venomous so it's crystal clear we want Nathan Jones out. Jones's performance AND conduct has been nothing short of a disgrace. I can hack going down, just not under him. 

Edited by Monk
  • Like 12

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Can we stop with this “spineless “ pony now. Whether you agree or disagree with them (actually, I should have just written disagree), fair play for them for fronting up. 

But they didn't really did they. Just came up with some glib rubbish to appease those who are willing to fall for it. It's what people like Ankersen are very good at. Jones will go sooner rather than later and rightly so. Maybe then Ankersen will grow a pair and admit he screwed up.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

I might as well add something I was told Sunday after some of the ambivalence from the hierarchy if the club go down.

A good friend of mine, well connected, asked about the club to someone who works there. They are inside the club at close quarters in one of the coaching depts. He said there’s a general acceptance that we’re going down and is very disappointed in some of the players attitudes at the situation. A lack of willingness to fight etc. He also said the club is fully prepared for relegation. No imminent news on Jones either but a good portion of the team do enjoy playing for him.

There’s a lot of good people really trying, but there’s a few who are just …. 🤷🏻‍♂️. A lot of style over substance, a lot of talk no action etc. 

None of you will be legitimately surprised to hear any of the above no doubt.

Too many players who will be negotiating next season’s club already. Therefore no need to bother. Jones needs to play the ones who care I’m afraid. But that should obviously include the new boys

2 minutes ago, obelisk said:

In summary then, we're going down and Jones is the man to complete the journey?

Yep. Just listened to the whole thing. Only a couple of cringe questions so not too bad. Too many giving them an easy ride and not drilling them on specifics. We still don't know what Jones meant by outside influences and what is going to change on Saturday that is any different from the last few games? 

• Like 1

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Absolutely no concession of any mistakes made from Rasmus really, who seems to be just running the show.

He keeps talking about time we don't have. I hope he's got a plan for the Championship next year.

I'm almost certain they factored it in. It's the only thing that makes any sense for why they haven't sacked him already. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Yep. Just listened to the whole thing. Only a couple of cringe questions so not too bad. Too many giving them an easy ride and not drilling them on specifics. We still don't know what Jones meant by outside influences and what is going to change on Saturday that is any different from the last few games? 

Anything about what our finances will be like when we go down?

Just listened to the recording and the hope I take from that is I honestly do not think they understood how deep the dislike of Jones ,his tactics and his words has gone into the total fanbase .

There will be some deep discussions i am , also near the end I think it was Semmens said we dont share everything , some things we have to keep quiet about until its the right time to act , it suggested they have something up there sleeve they are putting in place and it just is not the right time YET to Bin Jones.

And to answer a couple of questions from Hypo earlier .....i saw the post about Jones getting sacked on n0t606 , but the players training separetly was told by a source outside the internet connected to the club .

• Like 1