Fans Forum

Appy

14 minutes ago, JRM said:

Will be hard to beat the fans forum when Rupert Lowe stood up and read out a letter from a "fan" praising what a good job he was doing, first class comedy and well delivered 

Was that the one when Rich Chorley threw some coins at him? I was at that one and also one with Strachan when he fucked off after 10 minutes because he'd promised to take his wife to the cinema, haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Someone needs to video or at very least get a voice recording at the forum tomorrow. 

As people have said, the club edit the final version to put a positive spin on it. 

I'm very surprised it's not been cancelled. Unless you'll arrive and there's an announcement saying Rasmus couldn't make it due to illness or something and leave Semmens to take all the flack while grinning away. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Cat said:

Was that the one when Rich Chorley threw some coins at him? I was at that one and also one with Strachan when he fucked off after 10 minutes because he'd promised to take his wife to the cinema, haha.

That's the one "pieces of silver" wasn't it. 

Strachan was funny, he didn't have much time for those sort of things 

14 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Is anyone expecting anything other than a PR bullshit fest?

I think it will be, but will be interesting to see if anything spontaneous happens...

Clearly they can't control people saying what they want. 

And if it is a PR bullshit fest, then we know exactly the situation at the club.

I think we're over the line of just turning up and sitting and listening tbh...

• Like 1

Can see Ankersen or Semmen's prepared lines already. They'll probably throw this out at the start and then ask that there's no further questions on the matter.

"We're disappointed in Nathan's post match comments, however we remain committed to Nathan as first team manager and confident that he can improve the team during the second half of the season."

We've pulled together a fair chunk of the attendees via Twitter, and have a group chat on the go.

If you've been invited tonight and use Twitter, give me a shout (@antonydjames) and we'll get you involved.

Better that we're coordinated if we need to take 'alternative' tactics to get a message across.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Can see Ankersen or Semmen's prepared lines already. They'll probably throw this out at the start and then ask that there's no further questions on the matter.

"We're disappointed in Nathan's post match comments, however we remain committed to Nathan as first team manager and confident that he can improve the team during the second half of the season."

I hope if that is the case that nobody asks any further questions. Let's be honest, this is the sole issue that *needs* to be discussed. What else matters at the moment? This isn't reactionary to a few poor results, this is about a guy who clearly isn't cut out for the job, this is about Ankerson and co playing a game with the clubs future in the balance. Fan centres, additional hospitality offerings and gourmet burgers mean nothing. Don't let them PR their way out of it. Keep at it. They have to know this isn't something we'll 'get over' - we're fuming that we've been taken for mugs. They can't roll out the nonsense that we can't keep up with competitors such as Villa and Wolves who hired proper managers. We were the second biggest spenders in Jan - the whole thing is so lopsided. I'd rather we'd have spent less and hired a competent manager, someone who can inspire some confidence and positivity into the group. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Fans Forum Unnecessary or Moronic Questions Bingo

1. Beer in the concourse

2. Moving away fans to Itchen corner

3. Anything about the women's team 

4. Train station behind the Kingsland

What have I missed?

5. Asking when do the TV screens at St Mary's get upgraded

6. Away fans in the home ends (which whilst is an issue, not so important at the moment compared to on the pitch)

7. Asking about if we are moving out of Staplewood

8. Asking why the Saints fc shop is closing in town

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ant said:

We've pulled together a fair chunk of the attendees via Twitter, and have a group chat on the go.

If you've been invited tonight and use Twitter, give me a shout (@antonydjames) and we'll get you involved.

Better that we're coordinated if we need to take 'alternative' tactics to get a message across.

I'm still convinced that a mass audience walkout upon their inevitable first corporate BS response will speak more than words ever could.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nta786 said:

6. Away fans in the home ends (which whilst is an issue, not so important at the moment compared to on the pitch)

9. Stadium expansion 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

Fans Forum Unnecessary or Moronic Questions Bingo

1. Beer in the concourse

2. Moving away fans to Itchen corner

3. Anything about the women's team 

4. Train station behind the Kingsland

What have I missed?

FA Cup Final ticket allocations

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nta786 said:

All good questions so not sure why you've got them so far down the list.

Personally I think they should be higher than 5,6,7&8....

54 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Here’s a question. 

Before the season we needed 1 x £40m striker to be good enough to avoid the drop. You’ve spent over £100m and we’re bottom of the league. How has that happened?

Well had they brought Gakpo, we'd still be in the same position. Frankly, all fans are susceptible of 'he's foreign and ripping it up, we must go for xyz' most of them are average. Personally I think we should have targetted UK based players who now their way around already. Ive seen Orsic play twice and nether time has he looked ready for the English game, but there is a clamour for him. Yes an international but unless he improves dramatically Theo is better placed to start ahead of him!!!

21 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Well had they brought Gakpo, we'd still be in the same position. Frankly, all fans are susceptible of 'he's foreign and ripping it up, we must go for xyz' most of them are average. Personally I think we should have targetted UK based players who now their way around already. Ive seen Orsic play twice and nether time has he looked ready for the English game, but there is a clamour for him. Yes an international but unless he improves dramatically Theo is better placed to start ahead of him!!!

Personally, I think if we'd signed Gakpo, he'd be doing far better. Playing for Liverpool as a new signing replacing Mane is a massive ask and way more pressure. He's missed the step when he got used to the league, and he's doing that for a top side. He's not ready to make that step up yet IMO.

31 minutes ago, OldNick said:

If you think Walcott deserves a start then I really don't know what to say

31 minutes ago, LGTL said:

You'll be sure there's about to be a shit question, as the moron asking it will start with "I've been a Saints supporter for 58 years..." like any of us care. 

Phew I thought you were talking about me! Ive been a Saints fan for 55 years and when are you going to provide a blanket and a flask on a matchday'

• Haha 1

So what’s going to be the best way to keep abreast of events tonight? I see @saintant got lucky in the ballot and seem to have garnered some interest from other attendees, what’s the plan for text updates through the evening? I’ve looked on the Echo website and can’t see anything saying they’ll be doing updates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

So what’s going to be the best way to keep abreast of events tonight? I see @saintant got lucky in the ballot and seem to have garnered some interest from other attendees, what’s the plan for text updates through the evening? I’ve looked on the Echo website and can’t see anything saying they’ll be doing updates.

Someone can make themselves very popular by seruptitiously live streaming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ant said:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Not me - I think it was Ant who got an invite.

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Not me - I think it was Ant who got an invite.

Apologies, I can’t read. Hopefully @ant is up for the live text updating lark. Although I wouldn’t put it past that ex Millwall prat to have his staff on standby to manage the message by restricting mobile output from attendees….

• Like 1