Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, santolijador said:

Correct, Douvlakis signed for Celta but  the other one mentioned in the original post is Pavlidis who also has an incredible scoring in NL

He has been linked with Sevilla (who have had a similar start to the season as Everton) and there are rumours En-Nesyri might be gone, but I suppose we could be in for him. Personally I think that would be a bit of a coup..

Absolutely no chance he'd drop to the championship. 

He was the one I wanted us to look at in January. 

2 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

Looks like Leeds are in for Djed Spence loan wonder if that means Drameh in for KWP.

Why would we help Leeds, a promotion rival, get Spence when he should be our own target since he's better than Drameh.

Drameh, no Drameh!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dman said:

I don't know that the championship is as big a drop as you'd think. The Championship generates more revenue than the Eredivisie and given we're promotion contenders who are probably more than capable of improving terms on what AZ have him on I'd say it's not outside the realms of possibility.

He does look like a great replacement for Che in terms of a similar profile of player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hopper said:

I don't know that the championship is as big a drop as you'd think. The Championship generates more revenue than the Eredivisie and given we're promotion contenders who are probably more than capable of improving terms on what AZ have him on I'd say it's not outside the realms of possibility.

He does look like a great replacement for Che in terms of a similar profile of player.

must be another reason why everyone is rushing to get out then.. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Dman said:

Tend to agree with you there unfortunately. 

Wouldn't be suprised if we make a signing or two from the Eredivisie though, we have had success recruiting from there in the past, and seems to produce technical players who can make the switch to British football. Obviously we have had the Hove link (ex-eredivisie I know) but that seems to have been hijacked by Stoke, but I guess that means Darren Mowbray and his suitcase have made it to NL perhaps?

Assuming ABK leaves in the next few days, I wonder if we will go for a couple of cbs following Stephens and his injury. I'm not sure I'd want to rely on Holgate as a cb longer term (or at least he isn't proven in that position I'd prefer him at rb). Woods, Bednarek and Charles as backup is OK but it'd like another. 

• Confused 7

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Assuming ABK leaves in the next few days, I wonder if we will go for a couple of cbs following Stephens and his injury. I'm not sure I'd want to rely on Holgate as a cb longer term (or at least he isn't proven in that position I'd prefer him at rb). Woods, Bednarek and Charles as backup is OK but it'd like another. 

I'm not sure why that warrants a confused response. The last time Holgate played in the championship it was at rb. If Stephens is out longer term then it's sensible to get someone else rather than playing players out of position. 

• Confused 6

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I'm not sure why that warrants a confused response. The last time Holgate played in the championship it was at rb. If Stephens is out longer term then it's sensible to get someone else rather than playing players out of position. 

Holgate was POTS under Ancelotti at CB wasn’t he ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hopper said:

Maybe take a look at the bottom of this year's PL table for guidance

Edited by Charlie Wayman

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

image.png.5adaa926bb4e4bc46a2ba8bb1f3318ce.png

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Unless Stephens has done something like an achilles and will be out all season, I can't see there being a fifth CB. It'll be four (JS, JB, MH and possibly Wood) plus Charles in an emergency. 

3 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Something something Leicester keeping their squad together something

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1696452528483815706?s=46&t=MqpubAzkQD51r3m_v775zw

Leicester losing a player who hasn't played a single minute for them this season. Akin to us losing Salisu, in terms of no one caring.

It will mean something if it was Justin or Pereira.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Unless Stephens has done something like an achilles and will be out all season, I can't see there being a fifth CB. It'll be four (JS, JB, MH and possibly Wood) plus Charles in an emergency. 

I made the post on the assumption that that is what Stephens has done. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Barsiem said:

Has this one been posted?  I will be p*ssed I'd he goes on loan only.  Better to keep him in that case

It’s been posted before, only question is if he would get game time there given the other players they already have. Ditto with Bayern who were also sniffing around. 

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Leicester losing a player who hasn't played a single minute for them this season. Akin to us losing Salisu, in terms of no one caring.

Yep. Doesn't weaken them this season at all. Essentially it's the same as us losing ABK. 

• Confused 3

22 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Poor grammar, incorrect spelling of name, all in all, a shoddy post.

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Yep. Doesn't weaken them this season at all. Essentially it's the same as us losing ABK. 

Sound, so Ill await that balanced response when we lose ABK or Sully… neither of which have played any games for us

Edited by Smirking_Saint

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Sound, so Ill await that balanced response when we lose ABK or Sully… neither of which have played any games for us

We will be losing ABK. He would be nice to have this year but he was always going. Sulemana going will be a blow but only because we've also lost Tella who has actually weakened us this year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Justin’s played 2 mins, had significant injuries and nobody is touching Pereira.. high wages and 2 ACLs in recent history

Just now, hypochondriac said:

We will be losing ABK. He would be nice to have this year but he was always going. Sulemana going will be a blow but only because we've also lost Tella who has actually weakened us this year. 

Yeah but Im just pointing out that its not particularly different to Castagne.. which is clearly fine because it doesn’t support the argument that we’re approaching the window completely differently than Leeds and Leicester…

8 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Yeah but Im just pointing out that its not particularly different to Castagne.. which is clearly fine because it doesn’t support the argument that we’re approaching the window completely differently than Leeds and Leicester…

Had Leicester just lost their first choice full back and then sold Castagne, I'd expect them to be slightly more concerned. Our defence was shite last year so us losing anyone at CB shouldn't be a cause for concern (I'd still like to keep kwp though even if it isn't likely.)

Edited by hypochondriac

1 hour ago, mitch01 said:

Zeqiri looks like he would be a real handful at this level. Definitely preferable to some of the other players I have seen linked.

Looks much better than the paintsill guy. Requests the ball, good movement, good technique. The other guys goals looked like pure luck based off pace with no real control. 

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Had Leicester just lost their first choice full back and then sold Castagne, I'd expect them to be slightly more concerned. Our defence was shite last year so us losing anyone at CB shouldn't be a cause for concern (I'd still like to keep kwp though even if it isn't likely.)

He was their first choice RB, he downed tools

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

There's little doubt that fit and committed ABK and Sulemana would be first choice picks for us. Both expensive signings, one of them our record purchase.

• Like 1

Just now, Scummer said:

There's little doubt that fit and committed ABK and Sulemana would be first choice picks for us. Both expensive signings, one of them our record purchase.

Yes but neither of them have been this year yet. Sulemana going will be a blow because unlike some of the others, we have sold our most promising winger who has already had an impact this year. 

3 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Looks much better than the paintsill guy. Requests the ball, good movement, good technique. The other guys goals looked like pure luck based off pace with no real control. 

Yeah. Reminds me a bit of Broja (Zeqiri that is).

Edited by mitch01
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Does Castagne to Fulham increase the likelihood of KWP staying? He may have been sitting it out for Leicester recently but a decent player to lose. 

Be interesting to see if Arsenal fancy him

Im a little more optimistic we’ll keep Che and KWP, I sort of think if we get through the next 24 hrs we should be ok 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

exactly, so back to the original post, I look forward to this balance when we lose Sully or ABK 🤙

It'll likely be the same as when Salisu, JWP, Lavia, Tino, Perruad <insert any obvious person to leave>. 

Tella and Adams now leaving is not the same as the above. 

Edited by Dman

Leicester have now lost Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Soyancu, Amartey, Evans, Tete and Castagne from their first team squad last season with Ndidi about to go. But only Saints are flogging off the family silver, Wilcox out, stop the sales etc etc

We finished bottom last year and the refresh is long overdue. Disappointed still about Tino, crack on apart from that. 

• Like 12

Can anyone in any doubt that this has been a shocking window at this point? We all expected outgoings but the level of the exodus is breathtaking and it’s seemingly still on-going. Add to this Stephens long term injury and once again we start the season with a squad that’s got a lack of depth of quality. There’s no way that’s not going to affect our standing in the league in an adverse manner.

Unless there’s some stunning business done by Wilcox this week, it’s hard not to think SR have sold us down the river in the talk about a promotion push.

• Like 2
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 4

Just now, Saint Fan CaM said:

Can anyone in any doubt that this has been a shocking window at this point? We all expected outgoings but the level of the exodus is breathtaking and it’s seemingly still on-going. Add to this Stephens long term injury and once again we start the season with a squad that’s got a lack of depth of quality. There’s no way that’s not going to affect our standing in the league in an adverse manner.

Unless there’s some stunning business done by Wilcox this week, it’s hard not to think SR have sold us down the river in the talk about a promotion push.

For about the 9000th time… its not breathtaking, its a usual occurrence to relegated sides

And we’re in exactly the same position as Leicester and Leeds and previously Burnley etc

• Like 4

5 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I think it’s a pretty depressing outlook for the future that we just seem happy to let any player who wants to move move.. I get we are in the championship but at some point you would think we would be like that’s enough sales now .

can’t really see this changing even if we get to the premiership.. we just seem totally incapable of any kind of stand against the players wishes under the current board .. even when it’s more for the good of them then the club 

Seriously go and change the sheets on your bed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Keep Che, KWP and Sulamana and I think its been a pretty decent window tbh. 

Most concerned about losing Che and KWP as I've not been impressed by any of the links we've seen in those positions

• Like 1