Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

5 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Whereas you can only really hope to cease being an obnoxious cunt at some point in your life.

My posts have received both positive and negative responses,some of the negative ones were quite blunt but the comments were backed up with evidence that the poster believed would support their side of the argument. No problem with this,fine just what these platforms are all about.

Not you though,no as soon as I saw that you had responded,it was obvious that your comment would be an infantile,abusive and pathetically intimidating rant.

I was once part of a research study into people such as yourself with personality / behavioural flaws, in most cases this was down to an unpleasant event occurring in their earlier life. Why do you bring upon yourself further stress and hurt into your life by going out of your way creating arguments and making enemies on a football forum ?

I have no intention of either reading or replying to the inevitable , twisted response that you will send out in reply to this. As such I will grant you the honour of having the last word,which people such as yourself crave as being most precious, and if denied would result in loss of sleep.

Are you available for therapy? Asking for a friend...

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Channons Windmill said:

Or Rees-Mogg in his top hat, give us some height..?

He's the classic target man that Tall Paul wishes he could be - 7ft 6ins in carpet slippers, leap like an electrocuted scottish salmon, able to wind up opposition players and fans.  Unfortunately only 5 stone so easily pushed off the ball. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I miscounted. Difficult to fit everyone in to be fair. Possibly Armstrong for Edozie? 

Was messing, I think my first choice 11 would be;

Baz

KWP Stephens New CB Manning

Alcaraz Charles Downes

Tella Adams Armstrong

Obviously if we do cash in on Adams we need a replacement

Id also like to see an extra CM/CB for depth

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Baz

Alcaraz Charles Downes

Tella Adams Armstrong

Tactically Matt saying 'More expected in midfield'

https://twitter.com/TacticallyMatt/status/1693639225927663654?s=20

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

He doesn't exactly look delighted to be joining us. Miserable bastard. Doesn't he realise that this is the greatest moment of his life?

To be fair he's had the squits for 3or 4 days and so not in the best mood no doubt. 

• Like 1

A very good loan signing; just a shame it will be only for a season. Unless we can work our magic somehow.

Guessing that Che to Everton might similarly mean Holgate to us being a reworking of the JWP kind of deal. But maybe not.

Need to get that Piroe in, and hang the expense. Then just drop off McCarthy at a Travelodge somewhere and be done with it.

11 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Yeah, both Martin and Alfie have intimated thats the case too, which Im happy about

Be interesting to see what level they are… do they push for a start ? Does it block Smallbone etc ?

I'm not sure what else we'd need in midfield without someone leaving. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm not sure what else we'd need in midfield without someone leaving. 

Given that we’ve got to replace Lavia, JWP, AMN and Diallo and so far we only have Downes, Charles and Smallbone, I’d still say we’re a man light. Stu can do a job in a shortage but I’d still prefer a fourth option.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Proof that everyone is for sale, even if they don’t want to leave. 

The numbers we're rumoured to be asking for seem very high - almost to the point where it'd be silly not to sell. But I find it hard to imagine any club willing to cough up in excess of £20m, and presumably Wilcox and co are very aware of this.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Seem's it was under cooked chicken that gave him food poisoning. Maybe one that we won't need to worry about visiting Nando's?!

RM will surely be sharing the benefits of a vegan diet to Downes, anyways. Most vegans can't help it. :p

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Given that we’ve got to replace Lavia, JWP, AMN and Diallo and so far we only have Downes, Charles and Smallbone, I’d still say we’re a man light. Stu can do a job in a shortage but I’d still prefer a fourth option.

I suspect the 4th option is Doyle or as you say Aribo or S Armstrong dropping back.

No need to buy anyone else now.

1st choice midfield will be

Downes Charles Smallbone Alcaraz

With backup from Armstrong(s) Aribo and Doyle.

Now source a CB

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macca155 said:

I suspect the 4th option is Doyle or as you say Aribo or S Armstrong dropping back.

No need to buy anyone else now.

1st choice midfield will be

Downes Charles Smallbone Alcaraz

With backup from Armstrong(s) Aribo and Doyle.

Now source a CB

That's what I think too. Cb and striker now the priorities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

That's what I think too. Cb and striker now the priorities. 

Not sure a striker is really, but we almost certainly need 1 probably 2 CBs

6s - Downes/Charles/Smallbone

8s - Smallbone/Downes/Stu ?/Armstrong ?

10s - Alcaraz/Stu/AArmstrong/Aribo/Doyle

I think we’ll see one more body for the 8.. Doyle will end up on loan probably 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I wouldn’t want to let him go. What’s his contract situation? That may change my mind.

two years left (contracted until June 2025), so this summer is perhaps the optimum time to sell for the biggest price. Everyone has a price, but we are clearly not going to allow him to leave for buttons, I'm guessing £25m, which might explain why Burnley haven't sign him, yet.

I think he will be here after the window closes. Unlike the Prem sides, the German teams seem to have limits and they stick to them and move on to the next option, rather than breaking the bank for a player. That still leaves the door for Burnely to come back in, but they seem to have moved on to cheaper targets.

5 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Not sure a striker is really, but we almost certainly need 1 probably 2 CBs

6s - Downes/Charles/Smallbone

8s - Smallbone/Downes/Stu ?/Armstrong ?

10s - Alcaraz/Stu/AArmstrong/Aribo/Doyle

I think we’ll see one more body for the 8.. Doyle will end up on loan probably 

Im assuming that Adams goes. 

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Baz

Alcaraz Charles Downes

Tella Adams Armstrong

How about ABK as the new CB if he doesn't depart? 

Kerber could be that additional depth at CB. He looked impressive in his video, all be it playing at a lower level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

How about ABK as the new CB if he doesn't depart? 

Kerber could be that additional depth at CB. He looked impressive in his video, all be it playing at a lower level.

Yeah I think if ABK stays then we only need one, and tbh Charles is also able to play CB too so that helps

But what with the yellow cards we’re picking up its not unreasonable to want 5 capable CBs and Im fully expecting Lyanco or ABK.. or both.. to depart

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Im assuming that Adams goes. 

Yeah if we lose Adams or Mara then we certainly need a striker

1 hour ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

Bit surprised to read this in Alfie's article:

I'd got the distinct impression Tella wanted out, but glad to be wrong.

Tella is more than happy to stay, but a fee above 20m would tempt me, because I don’t think he’s worth it personally, and so I think we seem to be pricing the likes of Tella/KWP high so as to allow them to go for a silly fee.. but hopefully avoid losing them

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

That's a significant concern. We have to find players who are good enough to potentially play in the prem but who aren't wanting by prem teams or other top championship teams. We also have to find them and do deals for them over the next week and a half. 

Are we b-anned from the January window?

4 hours ago, Wsaint said:

Have you decided to stick around for our transfer window saints web meltdown? It's quite a sight to behold. 

Probably not.  We’ve enough problems of our own!

The problems you have stem from the Premiership being too greedy  at the expense of the Football League which I guess is fine until you drop into the Football League.  

It seems that your parachute payment is £45 million this year.  Our entire wage budget for the year is around £11 million. 

It doesn’t seem fair does it and will eventually mean the Premiership is even more of a closed shop than it is now…..

I remember Watford finishing runners up in Div 1 in the 80s and Wimbledon being in the top half as budgets were comparable. 

Not sure we will ever see that type of league again.  

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

Probably not.  We’ve enough problems of our own!

The problems you have stem from the Premiership being too greedy  at the expense of the Football League which I guess is fine until you drop into the Football League.  

It seems that your parachute payment is £45 million this year.  Our entire wage budget for the year is around £11 million. 

It doesn’t seem fair does it and will eventually mean the Premiership is even more of a closed shop than it is now…..

I remember Watford finishing runners up in Div 1 in the 80s and Wimbledon being in the top half as budgets were comparable. 

Not sure we will ever see that type of league again.  

Don't forget another great team that finished runner up in the 80s.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Yeah I think if ABK stays then we only need one, and tbh Charles is also able to play CB too so that helps

But what with the yellow cards we’re picking up its not unreasonable to want 5 capable CBs and Im fully expecting Lyanco or ABK.. or both.. to depart

Yeah if we lose Adams or Mara then we certainly need a striker

Tella is more than happy to stay, but a fee above 20m would tempt me, because I don’t think he’s worth it personally, and so I think we seem to be pricing the likes of Tella/KWP high so as to allow them to go for a silly fee.. but hopefully avoid losing them

Personally I'd entertain offers for Mara, or at least try and loan him out. Just doesn't seem up to it at present.

Adams, Mara and Tall Paul out

2x new strikers in and use Ballard as the 3rd/4th option.

4 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Personally I'd entertain offers for Mara, or at least try and loan him out. Just doesn't seem up to it at present.

Adams, Mara and Tall Paul out

2x new strikers in and use Ballard as the 3rd/4th option.

Id actually like to see him loaned out, he showed good promise in France and I do think there is a player in there.. so lets see

If so then yeah we’ll need 2 in probably, if/when we sell Adams

Onuachu just isn’t suitable at all, so im not really even counting him

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Id actually like to see him loaned out, he showed good promise in France and I do think there is a player in there.. so lets see

If so then yeah we’ll need 2 in probably, if/when we sell Adams

Onuachu just isn’t suitable at all, so im not really even counting him

I get the feeling Martin might have a bit of patience with Mara. After the Gillingham game Martin was scathing about some of the players, saying that they may have to move on, but he singled out Mara slightly differently in his criticism and said that he’s young but he needs to learn the new system. I reckon Martin thinks he’s got something he can work with, and it’s not as if we’ve got a litany of other decent striking options.

• Like 2