Blogs, Vlogs and Tweets

Bad Wolf

3 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I don't even know what song tune this is even supposed to be. I admire our fans trying but this is abysmal. Up there with "oh Piere Hoijberg" as one of our worst chants.

Using the words "oh yeah" embarrassing. 

Rating 0.25/10

Surprising you don't know what tune its meant to be to since the last line is literally the name of the song...

On 22/07/2023 at 17:48, Paul Chuckle said:

almost as cringe when in 2005 we were chanting "we're only down for a season"

Look I get you’re a miserable fucker like me and we both share ironic usernames.
But it’s just a song, a positive start of the season song to welcome a new manager. Showing we can bring numbers to a friendly and make some noise, with all the usual pre-season ill founded optimism. Everyone knows it’s going to be hard next season and play-offs, let alone promotion, is by no means a given.

But everyone also knows we’re not by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, but most of us I bet (ok, maybe not you and your chuckle brothers - sorry, couldn’t resist 😉) have sung that at some point. A ridiculous song, but it doesn’t matter, it’s just getting behind the team, creating atmosphere etc. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Look I get you’re a miserable fucker like me and we both share ironic usernames.
But it’s just a song, a positive start of the season song to welcome a new manager. Showing we can bring numbers to a friendly and make some noise, with all the usual pre-season ill founded optimism. Everyone knows it’s going to be hard next season and play-offs, let alone promotion, is by no means a given.

But everyone also knows we’re not by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, but most of us I bet (ok, maybe not you and your chuckle brothers - sorry, couldn’t resist 😉) have sung that at some point. A ridiculous song, but it doesn’t matter, it’s just getting behind the team, creating atmosphere etc. 

I'd have been interested in this but you went to far and mentioned my sadly deceased brother Barry. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Paul Chuckle said:

I don't even know what song tune this is even supposed to be. I admire our fans trying but this is abysmal. Up there with "oh Piere Hoijberg" as one of our worst chants.

Using the words "oh yeah" embarrassing. 

Rating 0.25/10

Stolen from Man Utd, who used to sing it during Mourinho’s era. 

Was hoping for a good fanbase cleanse after relegation but if anything, they’re getting even fucking worse. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Turkish said:

So he’s gone from saying everything is agreed to nothing is agreed and just trying to pass it off as him presenting it wrongly 🤣🤣

As I said, what a bell!

“Controversial” but I think he is worse than Rob.
At least Rob appears to have vague sources 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

15 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

From our old friend Twitter. Guy claims it’s legitimate insider knowledge. But who knows. Seems quite a low opening bid if true…

image.thumb.png.67cf3ecdfcd93ec07caaeec6df2f3fa5.png

With a Twitter handle called PlayztStyle, it’s safe to assume this isn’t true.

• Haha 2

Twitter - a land where people with literally zero insider-knowledge dress up pub gossip as fact so they can look important. 

Next they'll be explaining all the fine detail of the secret negotiations, how the player's wife feels about it, the results of medicals and special clauses in contracts known only by the agents, the clubs and the guy from the pub darts team.

37 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

From our old friend Twitter. Guy claims it’s legitimate insider knowledge. But who knows. Seems quite a low opening bid if true…

image.thumb.png.67cf3ecdfcd93ec07caaeec6df2f3fa5.png

Looks a low (starting) bid, but if it's a case of him wanting to work with RM again he might put pressure on Swansea to accept the deal over any from other clubs. Hopefully a rumour that has legs. Likewise the player.

6 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Looks a low (starting) bid, but if it's a case of him wanting to work with RM again he might put pressure on Swansea to accept the deal over any from other clubs. Hopefully a rumour that has legs. Likewise the player.

After dealing with them over Martin no chance will cost us more than any other interested like Leeds are.

"Saints Mike" having a nightmare yesterday, slagging people off for reading up on Zach Awe, getting really worked up about it and then pretending he didn't care.

He seems to get triggered by similar stuff to Paul Chuckle from this parish.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rallyboy said:

Twitter - a land where people with literally zero insider-knowledge dress up pub gossip as fact so they can look important. 

Next they'll be explaining all the fine detail of the secret negotiations, how the player's wife feels about it, the results of medicals and special clauses in contracts known only by the agents, the clubs and the guy from the pub darts team.

100% agree these people definitely have low self esteem, for every 1000 insiders there is likely 1 true one.

I remember about ten/twelve years ago there was a website called footballrumours and me and a mate used to post completely made rumours about the clubs we supported and seeing if they ever made it on to the old BBC 606 site.

There was a few occasions we went for some very obscure players to be “linked with”, and someone posted it a day or two later claiming they had a source. 😂

Oh those slow college days! 😂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Would be a coup to bring this guy in! I do feel we need depth In attacking midfield.

Is it "depth" to sign some kid who has played in as many senior professional football fixtures as I have?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

What's wrong?

People can cite Lavia until the cows come home, but spunking decent money (especially in this division) for kids just because they've worn a City shirt at Under 21 level is a brain dead strategy and I won't be convinced otherwise.

More signings like Manning is what we need (and I'm not saying they won't come).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, northam soul said:

Oh go on then “who the fuck is Bobb”

Cool name tho. I can't think of another player who's name is 75% made up of one letter. 

Edit: huge fail - Dodd. 

Edited by egg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Heart says do it! Do it right now! Head says, he was on loan in Aus last season, so clearly isn't at the level we need. 

He has, or maybe had, the attributes to be a perfect fit in Martin's system. Unfortunately they're probably gone now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Not sure on the source but first mention of KWP in a while.

I am amazed he hasn't left tbh.  £20m for a very good FB who can play either side, is still only 26, and is proven in the Premier League.  Ok he didn't have a great last season, but that represents a bargain in today's market.

• Like 4