GB News

SotonianWill

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It's got nothing to do with what I 'want it to mean' - it's about what Soggy wants Ofcom to do.

I'm sure he'll claim he meant that he didn't want them shut down, but he also claims he's not racist or antisemitic so take that one with a pinch of salt ;) 

Of course you want him to think that, you want him to be the left wing bogeyman to reaffirm your righteous fight.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Maybe he is suggesting Ofcom tries to make sure it reports facts?

Not just overhyped bullshit to get gammons like you all angry.

These lot will be thinking the election has been stolen when Tories get smashed next year. “Saw it on the news”

5 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Of course you want him to think that, you want him to be the left wing bogeyman to reaffirm your righteous fight.

I don't 'want him' to be anything.  His previous opinions mark him out to be very much right wing, not left wing.  Probably why he 'doth complain so much' about all things 'right wing'.

12 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I don't 'want him' to be anything.  His previous opinions mark him out to be very much right wing, not left wing.  Probably why he 'doth complain so much' about all things 'right wing'.

I obviously missed a few episodes of the Saintsweb royal rumble.

18 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

He is a strange chap. He makes things up and them comments on them as if they are factual.

Not once have I suggested that they be closed down (but that will not prevent him from continue to claim that I have).

GB News were granted a broadcasting licence that contains certain conditions. They have found to have breached those conditions on 3 occasions and a further 2 investigations are ongoing.

It is down to Ofcom to decided what sanctions should be applied, if any, and they clearly have a job to do to ensure that GB News, like every other broadcaster, keep to their licensing conditions and adhere to what they have signed up to.

There are a number of concerns over the way that they employ the use of sitting MP’s at the moment. I am sure it won’t bother Weston, but employing Tory MPs to interview other Tory MPs would seem to fly in the face of propriety and impartiality to most. You can imagine the amount of raised blood pressure amongst Gammons if the BBC allowed Labour MPs to interview Starmer and other shadow ministers on a regular basis!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

He is a strange chap. He makes things up and them comments on them as if they are factual.

Not once have I suggested that they be closed down (but that will not prevent him from continue to claim that I have).

GB News were granted a broadcasting licence that contains certain conditions. They have found to have breached those conditions on 3 occasions and a further 2 investigations are ongoing.

It is down to Ofcom to decided what sanctions should be applied, if any, and they clearly have a job to do to ensure that GB News, like every other broadcaster, keep to their licensing conditions and adhere to what they have signed up to.

There are a number of concerns over the way that they employ the use of sitting MP’s at the moment. I am sure it won’t bother Weston, but employing Tory MPs to interview other Tory MPs would seem to fly in the face of propriety and impartiality to most. You can imagine the amount of raised blood pressure amongst Gammons if the BBC allowed Labour MPs to interview Starmer and other shadow ministers on a regular basis!

yet, you have no issue with LBC (who also employ sitting MPs)

Funny that

On 13/07/2023 at 16:26, SotonianWill said:

We have the BBC thread, what’s everyone’s views on GB news? Also, this thread of dirt on Dan Wooton from his time at the sun:

Some quite astoundingly serious allegations in here which obviously won’t get the same amount of media amplification as the Huw Edwards story unfortunately

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Its the tory MPs interviewing tory MPs on government policy, I think anyone of any political persuasion can agree that is worrying.

“Worrying” 😂, what a drama queen.

Fucking boring, would be a better description. What’s there to be worried about? Nobody is trying to pretend the guest is a random member of the public or an independent expert & nobody is trying to hide the fact the presenter is a Tory MP. Every single person watching will know it’s a Tory MP interviewing a Tory MP, a boring a concept as The Peston Show. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Its the tory MPs interviewing tory MPs on government policy, I think anyone of any political persuasion can agree that is worrying.

Should we put a ban on all MPs talking to eachother? It’s just televising some of the topics they’d be talking about without the cameras anyway 😂

Also LBC have David Lammy, is he under your same weird rule?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Exactly zero fucks given by me that's f'sure.  The same way I don't care about Labour, Lib Dem, SNP MPs being employed to debate politics on other TV shows.  They are free to give their opinion and I am free not to listen to any of them or watch any of the TV programmes.

You should try it, if something winds you up, don't watch it!  Fucking bizarre how simple that concept is, yet you seem to completely miss it.

Lol at the bit about it being 'up to Ofcom to decide what sanctions should be applied' whilst completely avoiding answering the question about what YOU wanted them to do in your original post.

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fucking boring, would be a better description. What’s there to be worried about? Nobody is trying to pretend the guest is a random member of the public or an independent expert & nobody is trying to hide the fact the presenter is a Tory MP. Every single person watching will know it’s a Tory MP interviewing a Tory MP, a boring a concept as The Peston Show. 

The classic drama queen amd boring response, with nothing of substance to add.

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

Should we put a ban on all MPs talking to eachother? It’s just televising some of the topics they’d be talking about without the cameras anyway 😂

Also LBC have David Lammy, is he under your same weird rule?

FFS is that your argument. This isn't my weird rules, its Ofcoms. MPs can't present news programmes, full stop, it's there to protect you.

It wasn't a lifestyle interview, it was an interview of a tory minister on current government policy by other current serving Tory MPs. If you can't see that is wrong just because they're your men, then you are there for the taking by those in power.

Don't worry there will be others to defend your rights. You're welcome.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

FFS is that your argument. This isn't my weird rules, its Ofcoms. MPs can't present news programmes, full stop, it's there to protect you.

It wasn't a lifestyle interview, it was an interview of a tory minister on current government policy by other current serving Tory MPs. If you can't see that is wrong just because they're your men, then you are there for the taking by those in power.

They have been doing it on LBC for years. LBC for the bin, yes?

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

FFS they are magazine or current affair programmes, there is a distinct difference. Do your research.

It is not hard to find Labour MPs interviewing Labour MPs....talking about Government and their own policies.

16 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

They aren’t my men I just don’t get offended over a non-existent problem. 

The MPs are seperate from the news panel which is shown before the show, and the parliamentary presenters don’t discuss anything in a different way to LBC. Both are current affairs channels in essence. GB “news” is news in name only as i’ve already said. 

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Is that how you deal with SOGgy's posts ?

He continues to demonstrate his hatred and ignorance.  I am sure yours was just a case of being tongue-tied.  His is not (as you can see)

Edited by AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So, 'playing the man' then.

It has been a while since I bothered with a ding dong with him - other than the odd reply (which come with some sort of personal abuse as a response from him).

You however, feel it is ok throwing insults (when I dont to you), which is funny given your recent postings....which I am sure was just a mistake

Edited by AlexLaw76

4 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

They aren’t my men I just don’t get offended over a non-existent problem. 

The MPs are seperate from the news panel which is shown before the show, and the parliamentary presenters don’t discuss anything in a different way to LBC. Both are current affairs channels in essence. GB “news” is news in name only as i’ve already said. 

It is a problem, that's why there are fair rules about it. There is a line, it's there to be fair and it stops things creeping. We allow the reasonable stuff like MPs fronting current affairs programmes but not news programmes (including items on other programmes on a news channel that purport to be news). It's what makes this country great.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It has been a while since I bothered with a ding dong with him - other than the odd reply (which come with some sort of personal abuse as a response from him).

You however, feel it is ok throwing insults (when I dont to you), which is funny given your recent postings....which I am sure was just a mistake

You are predictable and boring.

Now you can have the last word.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Kraken said:

My word, the lack of self reflection is off the scale 🤣

Ok Kraken, I’ll bite. What have I made up?

10 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What personal abuse have I thrown at you? Calling you Batman? I recall you saying that you had met me (which is a lie) and added a personal abuse yourself so you are hardly in a position to take the moral high ground.

23 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

If these channels were being watched by anybody with the intellectual ability to form any form of opinion for themselves without dribbling then it would be worrying, but Id suggest 90% of the morons that watch it don’t understand a word Mogg says and the other 10% are too busy wanking themselves off to notice the issues anyway

• Like 2

On 15/07/2023 at 11:01, Lord Duckhunter said:

Pony

• Like 2

GB News is beyond scummy. The people on it and represent it, it’s nothing more than a right-wing Fox News rehash done badly.

MP’s quite simply shouldn’t have their own news shows but it’s full of Tory’s that do, and most definitely shouldn’t be interviewing fellow Tories. They aren’t hard hitting questions by hard hitting journalists, it’s people asking their mates what their favourite flavour of crisp is.

GB News, The Sun, all of these outlets can be binned. The world would be a much happier place.

Some people just want to watch the world burn. I’m fascinated to know anyone that voted Brexit what Brexit Benefits they have gained out of all this?
Equally I’m fascinated to know anyone that is Tory and still backs them and believes them, why?

The only time GB News is worth watching are when those two minute clips pop up on social media of them getting absolutely rinsed, which is more often a daily thing. 😂

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

GB News is beyond scummy. The people on it and represent it, it’s nothing more than a right-wing Fox News rehash done badly.

MP’s quite simply shouldn’t have their own news shows but it’s full of Tory’s that do, and most definitely shouldn’t be interviewing fellow Tories. They aren’t hard hitting questions by hard hitting journalists, it’s people asking their mates what their favourite flavour of crisp is.

I've never watched it so can't say for sure, but is that really 'right wing'?

• Haha 2

GB News is owned and directed by a guy who is a friend of Michael Gove, he's also Tory donor, a rabid Brexiteer who has made a significant profit from our EU exit as a multi-millionaire hedgefund manager. 

Every time I've stumbled across it there's a right wing MP, an alleged sex offender, or a professional nutjob promoting the owner's agenda on immigrants, climate, Brexit, scroungers, lefties and wokery.

So if I had to guess, I reckon it probably does lean a little bit to the right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'd call discussing favourite crisp flavours with your mates definitely not right wing.

Happy to be proven wrong though...

You are wrong so don’t think any need to prove it. 

• Haha 1

From the current allegations it sounds a little bit like a yes.

Investigations will have to decide whether any acts stack up as pretending you are someone else and requesting sex pix and videos from people in positions of influence who are then easily manipulated.

Dan Wotton has always struck me as a right creepy weirdo and a faintly ridiculous human being. Whether that means he's guilty of some of these allegations only time will tell. He is certainly guilty of gutter journalism and a purveyor of gossip so I don't really think his wide availability on the airwaves is a net positive either way.

I've seen a few clips of GB News on social media and I think some of it can be interesting- giving a different perspective on some news stories and going out into the country to talk to people for example- but some of it isn't really news and is more entertainment and gossip than anything else. I certainly disagree with odious organisation like Just Stop Hate standing in judgement over them and trying to get them shut down but it's undeniable that there are a few loony personalities on there. 

Is there anyone on this forum with an ounce of awareness or intelligence? GB news, CNN, BBC, Fox, Sky etc. Every single one of them is bias in some way. Trouble is, when it is bias the way YOU want it, you simply cannot and will not see it. Wake up. They are all bias.

Edited by east-stand-nic
spelling