GB News

SotonianWill

3 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Is there anyone on this forum with an ounce of awareness or intelligence? GB news, CNN, BBC, Fox, Sky etc. Every single one of them is bias in some way. Trouble is, when it is bias the way YOU want it, you simply cannot and will not see it. Wake up. They are all bias.

Only you, apparently.

11 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Is there anyone on this forum with an ounce of awareness or intelligence? GB news, CNN, BBC, Fox, Sky etc. Every single one of them is bias in some way. Trouble is, when it is bias the way YOU want it, you simply cannot and will not see it. Wake up. They are all bias.

Which 'unbiased' sources do you rely on ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

He's right about a lot and is mocked constantly.

He's responded to when he hurls labels at people calling them racist, narcissistic, etc, etc. That doesn't make him a victim of mocking. Seems to me that he reaps what he sows. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, egg said:

He's responded to when he hurls labels at people calling them racist, narcissistic, etc, etc. That doesn't make him a victim of mocking. Seems to me that he reaps what he sows. 

Who drew first blood, SOG or the mob, we will never now, it is lost in the mist of time. We need a Camp David to restore the peace, "ooh hello boys, my name's David, you can call me Dave, oh Turkish you like you work out, you can sit next to me"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Who drew first blood, SOG or the mob, we will never now, it is lost in the mist of time. We need a Camp David to restore the peace, "ooh hello boys, my name's David, you can call me Dave, oh Turkish you like you work out, you can sit next to me"

Ha!! His post about that CoT nonsense was ridiculous, then he's had a pop at someone else. There's no mob, just a bloke firing off left/right/centre and getting fired at from left/right/centre. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

This, a couple of months ago i had ignored him for about a week and he started mentioning me in posts again and "liking" or "lol" reaction to posts against me, something that's carried on since then on pretty much every post, he wasn't getting enough attention bless him, like when he doesn't get replies to threads so starts other ones on a similar subject but with a different worded title. Then his endless ranting at Ducky and Jamie. And his CoT reaction was the work of a madman :lol:

53 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

SOG, it all started during the BLM protests, before then i'd not really paid much attention to him. It was then when if anyone had a different view to him he labelled them right wing, racist Tommy Robinson fans and he's become more and more unhinged since. All sorts of abuse, if you're going to dish it out then dont grizzle when you get it back

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

SOG, it all started during the BLM protests, before then i'd not really paid much attention to him. 

Do you not remember him from terrorist thread, Christians and belts? As said many times he often asks for the ‘pile ons’ but definitely seems t9 rile posters disproportionately 

21 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Right about what and who mocked him?

Wasn’t he calling for Ofcom to intervene and others saying free to watch and do what they want in terms of impartiality? CBA to look back so maybe wrong

1 hour ago, egg said:

Ha!! His post about that CoT nonsense was ridiculous, then he's had a pop at someone else. There's no mob, just a bloke firing off left/right/centre and getting fired at from left/right/centre. 

Agree he seems to label everyone as if grouping against him

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Wasn’t he calling for Ofcom to intervene and others saying free to watch and do what they want in terms of impartiality? CBA to look back so maybe wrong

No. He said that ofcom had investigations open regarding GB news which no one argued with - it's a fact!

He then demanded they be taken off air for not being impartial which is the bit he was mocked for.

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

He then demanded they be taken off air for not being impartial which is the bit he was mocked for.

Where did he say that? I saw one post where he said “the sooner Ofcom does something about it the better”, where did he demand they were taken off air? Genuine question because I can’t be arsed to read the whole thread.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No. He said that ofcom had investigations open regarding GB news which no one argued with - it's a fact!

No I didn’t say it should be taken off air. Stop making stuff up to suit your agenda. You sound like an ideal candidate for the current Tory Party.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, whelk said:

Do you not remember him from terrorist thread, Christians and belts? As said many times he often asks for the ‘pile ons’ but definitely seems t9 rile posters disproportionately 

You are paraphrasing. The argument was whether Nazi Germany was predominately a Christian country in the 1930s/40s, which it was. I wasn’t the only one who provided plenty of evidence to that end, including the fact that the army had belt buckles that said something to effect if “God Is With Us”. That was one of the lesser points made in support but they have clearly done their job because that is what has stuck in your mind.

There is a small group of people who constantly jump on anything that attacks a far right agenda or is vaguely left of centre. It has been going on for years. Part of their schtick is to twist or make up what I and others say and then make fun of it. Your paraphrase is a case in point.

Turkish joined the small group when I pointed out his being kicked off TUI for being a troll and WUM and his pathetic battle of ITK with another poster which went on for weeks and had his narcissistic personality all over it. He has a couple of mates on here, or people who know him, who always back him up or do his job for him. There are another few posters who join in the pile ons because they share the same agendas.

It isn’t just me but it has been mostly me for the last couple of years because I am not going to let these people win.

Lee Chapman has just been supported by his party for telling asylum seekers to f*** off back to France if they object to the way they are treated here. He sound exactly like Lord Duckhunter and the other reactionaries here. If we don’t stand up to people like this more people like Lee Chapman will get elected and we will become a less tolerant country than we already have become.

They will never change and this will carry on as long as people of a more liberal sensibilities post. What is important though is the many people who read here and rarely post see them for what they are.

You final point says it all. It is the same people every time, which tells you all you need to know.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You are paraphrasing. The argument was whether Nazi Germany was predominately a Christian country in the 1930s/40s, which it was. I wasn’t the only one who provided plenty of evidence to that end, including the fact that the army had belt buckles that said something to effect if “God Is With Us”. That was one of the lesser points made in support but they have clearly done their job because that is what has stuck in your mind.

There is a small group of people who constantly jump on anything that attacks a far right agenda or is vaguely left of centre. It has been going on for years. Part of their schtick is to twist or make up what I and others say and then make fun of it. Your paraphrase is a case in point.

Turkish joined the small group when I pointed out his being kicked off TUI for being a troll and WUM and his pathetic battle of ITK with another poster which went on for weeks and had his narcissistic personality all over it. He has a couple of mates on here, or people who know him, who always back him up or do his job for him. There are another few posters who join in the pile ons because they share the same agendas.

It isn’t just me but it has been mostly me for the last couple of years because I am not going to let these people win.

Lee Chapman has just been supported by his party for telling asylum seekers to f*** off back to France if they object to the way they are treated here. He sound exactly like Lord Duckhunter and the other reactionaries here. If we don’t stand up to people like this more people like Lee Chapman will get elected and we will become a less tolerant country than we already have become.

They will never change and this will carry on as long as people of a more liberal sensibilities post. What is important though is the many people who read here and rarely post see them for what they are.

You final point says it all. It is the same people every time, which tells you all you need to know.

You okay hun?

Why do you keep repeating this lie about why I don’t post on the ugly inside? You don’t post on there because most people think you’re a cock and took the piss out of you so you left, I know I saw the posts where you made a brief return and got laughed off there again. I didn’t get banned the reason I’m no longer on there is nothing like the one you keep lying about which you've completely made up. You’ve been told this on numerous occasions yet keep spouting it out like its fact.

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Lee Chapman has just been supported by his party for telling asylum seekers to f*** off back to France if they object to the way they are treated here.

And what is wrong with that exactly? They are coming here from safe countries and being offered a safe and adequate place to stay with access to medical care and leisure facilities while their asylum claims are assessed. If they really are coming from awful places where they were persecuted/tortured etc you would think they would be grateful for that, there are thousands of British people living on the streets with no roof over their head who aren't so fortunate to be offered that kind of luxury. If they don't like what they're being offered here then they absolutely should bugger off elsewhere. The UK is not a f*cking charity with endless accommodation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

And what is wrong with that exactly? They are coming here from safe countries and being offered a safe and adequate place to stay with access to medical care and leisure facilities while their asylum claims are assessed. If they really are coming from awful places where they were persecuted/tortured etc you would think they would be grateful for that, there are thousands of British people living on the streets with no roof over their head who aren't so fortunate to be offered that kind of luxury. If they don't like what they're being offered here then they absolutely should bugger off elsewhere. The UK is not a f*cking charity with endless accommodation.

No one said it is but I expect those sort of comments from Gammons on a football forum, not the Deputy Chairman of the Government!

And if the fire brigade told you that accommodation provided for you was a potential fire trap I am sure you would be more than happy to stay there.

I don’t know what other reasons they have for not wanting to go there and I suspect that you don’t either but rather than assume they are being ungrateful, I am happy to wait and hear  the reasons why.

The Tories are doing what the Tories do. They are throwing red meat to those of a far right persuasion and trying to whip up a media frenzy to deflect from the total mess they have made of this.

Perhaps, instead of throwing profanities around and trying to create an “enemy” for the media to pile in on, they should put their efforts into finding an effective way to deal with the people traffickers in France, to deal with the massive backlog of asylum applications that they have let pile up and bring in safe and legal routes for people to apply for asylum here so that they don’t have to risk their lives crossing the channel in small boats.

We have been fed more governments lies recently. For example, it is not a legal requirement to seek a skull in the first safe country you come to. If that was the case places like Poland would be overrun with Ukrainians.

The government insist on calling them illegal immigrants. It is perfectly legal for them to apply for asylum once they arrive here so the only illegal ones are those who do not. Judging by the huge numbers in the processing queue it looks like the majority are not illegal.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text

13 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Lee Chapman is in the Tory party?  He's fallen hard since his Leeds United and Lesley Ash days.

Lee Anderson (or 30p Lee to give him his sobriquet) on the other hand is a monumental fuckwit.

with those lips i'm surprised he ever leaves the bedroom

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

And if the fire brigade told you that accommodation provided for you was a potential fire trap I am sure you would be more than happy to stay there.

It was the FBU, a leftie Union.

Since 1976 it’s housed construction & oil workers, used by the German Government, the homeless & asylum seekers from your beloved EU, yet soft arsed lefties like you don’t want blokes who’ve travelled freely from war torn France living in it.

As David Batty & Steve Hodge said, if they don’t like it they can fuck off back to France. 

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

For example, it is not a legal requirement to seek a skull in the first safe country you come to. 

I should fucking hope not. 

Crimes going through the roof as it is, the last thing we want is a load of bearded “orphans” doing a Burke and Hare in downtown Weymouth. 

7 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I don’t know what other reasons they have for not wanting to go there and I suspect that you don’t either but rather than assume they are being ungrateful, I am happy to wait and hear  the reasons why.

One I heard on the radio yesterday was complaining that the 'cramped' accommodation would remind him too much of when he was in a small room hiding from ISIS and  would be bad for his mental health. Being safe and given a roof over their head for free isn't enough for some of these people.

I heard that they want food as well, greedy bastards.

Two in a one-berth cabin?

I'm sure we can fit four or even six in there, and the insanity of placing 50,000 people in hotels and 15 on a barge is so much easier and cheaper than doing the actual fucking job of dealing with the applications....

• Like 3

21 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You are paraphrasing. The argument was whether Nazi Germany was predominately a Christian country in the 1930s/40s, which it was.

The citizens were majority christian, but the people in charge most certainly were not. Nazi Germany was Gnostic. 

By 1942, Hitler vowed, according to Bullock, to “root out and destroy the influence of the Christian Churches,” describing them as “the evil that is gnawing our vitals.”

During round table meetings Hitler would talk about how much he hated Jews and Christianity. Nazism was not to mould into christianity but away from it, though as you say, the majority of German people were christian at the time. 

Edited by SotonianWill

14 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

One I heard on the radio yesterday was complaining that the 'cramped' accommodation would remind him too much of when he was in a small room hiding from ISIS and  would be bad for his mental health. Being safe and given a roof over their head for free isn't enough for some of these people.

So it being a fire trap is no big deal then?

You have proved my point though. Lee Anderson has done his job and has you focussed on a few “ungrateful” asylum seekers and away from the almighty mess that his party have made of immigration.

If you are interested in why, read this.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/09/britain-conservatives-government-bibby-stockholm

3 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

The citizens were majority christian, but the people in charge most certainly were not. Nazi Germany was Gnostic. 

By 1942, Hitler vowed, according to Bullock, to “root out and destroy the influence of the Christian Churches,” describing them as “the evil that is gnawing our vitals.”

During round table meetings Hitler would talk about how much he hated Jews and Christianity. Nazism was not to mould into christianity but away from it, though as you say, the majority of German people were christian at the time. 

This started some time ago on here. From memory some Islamophobes took exception when it was pointed out to them that Christianity could hardly take the moral high ground over Islam when it came to coming atrocities. The burning of heretics (be they Catholic or Protestant) was one example. The atrocities committed by Germany in the 1930s and 1940s another. They wouldn’t have it that Germany wax predominately a Christian country. One of the many counters to this was the Germany army belt buckles which they found then, and apparently still find now, hilarious. I have no idea why, but there you go!

The point was not what did Hitler believe or not believe. He and his higher command used religion to their own ends and many members of the Nazi Party were active Christians, which is what the argument was about.

They lost the argument but try and deflect by making a joke about military belt buckles. Clearly they are as mutton headed as Lee Anderson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nazi_Germany

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

This started some time ago on here. From memory some Islamophobes took exception when it was pointed out to them that Christianity could hardly take the moral high ground over Islam when it came to coming atrocities. The burning of heretics (be they Catholic or Protestant) was one example. The atrocities committed by Germany in the 1930s and 1940s another. They wouldn’t have it that Germany wax predominately a Christian country. One of the many counters to this was the Germany army belt buckles which they found then, and apparently still find now, hilarious. I have no idea why, but there you go!

The point was not what did Hitler believe or not believe. He and his higher command used religion to their own ends and many members of the Nazi Party were active Christians, which is what the argument was about.

They lost the argument but try and deflect by making a joke about military belt buckles. Clearly they are as mutton headed as Lee Anderson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nazi_Germany

"The lost the argument." Hilarious! 

Do ostriches really bury their head in the sand? - BBC Science Focus  Magazine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Did the local local fire and rescue authority say that, or the leftie FBU? 

It's also on the water. If there's one thing I've learnt in the last 50 years, it's that fire doesn't really like water, so in the worst case scenario, jump in the water and swim / doggy paddle a few feet.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

So it being a fire trap is no big deal then?

You have proved my point though. Lee Anderson has done his job and has you focussed on a few “ungrateful” asylum seekers and away from the almighty mess that his party have made of immigration.

If you are interested in why, read this.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/09/britain-conservatives-government-bibby-stockholm

I don't give a toss about any political party, they've all made a mess of immigration and I have no doubt will continue to make a mess of it, whoever is in power. The point is if we're unable to stop the boatloads coming over then this problem will continue to grow as they have to go somewhere. People like you moan when we try and reduce the number of people coming over, then moan again at the accommodation they're given isn't good enough. That article says 46000 came over on boats alone last year, that is twice the population of Eastleigh and is not sustainable. Genuine question, where would you put them?

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It's also on the water. If there's one thing I've learnt in the last 50 years, it's that fire doesn't really like water, so in the worst case scenario, jump in the water and swim / doggy paddle a few feet.

Would you swim in our coastal waters ?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

I don't give a toss about any political party, they've all made a mess of immigration and I have no doubt will continue to make a mess of it, whoever is in power. The point is if we're unable to stop the boatloads coming over then this problem will continue to grow as they have to go somewhere. People like you moan when we try and reduce the number of people coming over, then moan again at the accommodation they're given isn't good enough. That article says 46000 came over on boats alone last year, that is twice the population of Eastleigh and is not sustainable. Genuine question, where would you put them?

It is not my job to put them anywhere but as I have said, they could start by trying to deal with the traffickers properly. I have never complained about trying to reduce the numbers coming over. I have complained about the lack of proper, legal avenues which is a completely different thing.

if we are getting into the “people like you” area then perhaps people like you should not just jump to assumptions and read things properly.

It serves their purpose not to do much about stopping the crossings as they are making a big deal about the accommodation issues along with the “invasion” of migrants (as I am sure you know, we deal with far less than other European countries.

As I have already said, they need to do more to stop the traffickers (if TV reporters can find them why can’t the authorities?). They need to sort of the ridiculous current back log of claimants and they  need to actually provide proper legal avenues for people to apply for asylum without risking their lives crossing the channel. How many times do I need to say it?

By the way, I was not complaining about the barge (although I did point out that our fire brigade call it a fire trap). I was complaining about Lee Anderson’s terminology. Again, he is Deputy Chairman of the Tory Party yet he comes across as Lord Duckhunter from a football forum. Classy.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It is not my job to put them anywhere but as I have said, they could start by trying to deal with the traffickers properly. I have never complained about trying to reduce the numbers coming over. I have complained about the lack of proper, legal avenues which is a completely different thing.

if we are getting into the “people like you” area then perhaps people like you should not just jump to assumptions and read things properly.

It serves their purpose not to do much about stopping the crossings as they are making a big deal about the accommodation issues along with the “invasion” of migrants (as I am sure you know, we deal with far less than other European countries.

As I have already said, they need to do more to stop the traffickers (if TV reporters can find them why can’t the authorities?). They need to sort of the ridiculous current back log of claimants and they  need to actually provide proper legal avenues for people to apply for asylum without risking their lives crossing the channel. How many times do I need to say it?

By the way, I was not complaining about the barge (although I did point out that our fire brigade call it a fire trap). I was complaining about Lee Anderson’s terminology. Again, he is Deputy Chairman of the Tory Party yet he comes across as Lord Duckhunter from a football forum. Classy.

What's Lee Chapman got to do with any of this then?

22 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It is not my job to put them anywhere but as I have said, they could start by trying to deal with the traffickers properly. 

As I have already said, they need to do more to stop the traffickers (if TV reporters can find them why can’t the authorities?). 

So you’re blaming the French then, interesting….

44 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You seemed to have missed off the point that the UK needs to be less attractive to people who will to pay £1000s and who throw away their documents and ID....

Edited by AlexLaw76

Given the latest news from the farce that is this government’s attempt to deal with the migrants, how long before Lee Anderson issues this quote - “If you don’t want to get Legionnaire’s Disease, f*** back to France?”

In another farce, is Lord Duckhunter actually suggesting that the Fire Brigade’s Union has nothing to do with the Fire Brigade and isn’t qualified to comment on what constitutes a fire trap?

😂

Interesting take on the accommodation from someone who stayed on the barge before the bunk beds were installed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bibby-stockholm-barge-conditions-resident-experience-b2390135.html

ps Apparently the Home Office arranged to have the water tested but moved people onto the barge before they got the results back. 😜

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

In another farce, is Lord Duckhunter actually suggesting that the Fire Brigade’s Union has nothing to do with the Fire Brigade and isn’t qualified to comment on what constitutes a fire trap?

The teaching unions aren’t ofsted, the NUJ aren’t ofcom & the FBU aren’t the Dorset  Fire and Rescue Authority. 

If they don’t like it they can fuck off back to France. 

The government don’t want to ‘stop the boats’ they are the latest in a long list of ‘others’ that they blame for their failings.  They used to like blaming the EU but then we left an everything got worse not better so a new ‘other’ was needed to distract the simple minded while they line their pockets.

The government could ‘stop the boats’ tomorrow by opening asylum processing facilities in France they choose not to.  They could process the thousands of asylum seekers rotting in hotels they choose not to.  They could actually deport some failed asylum seekers and again they choose not to.  One day people will wake up and realise the people crossing the channel in small boats aren’t the ones doing them over and notice the rich guys running off with the sacks of cash laughing at them for being so gullible.