GB News

SotonianWill

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/07/2023 at 17:16, The Kraken said:

I’ve never watched it and likely never will, I can only imagine it’ll be as bad as I think it is given the absolute shower of cunts that they employ to present on it.

I can’t think of a single news channel without a shower of cunts on it.

Quite like that Christian chap on bbc in the evenings but other than that….dire.

3 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

I can’t think of a single news channel without a shower of cunts on it.

Quite like that Christian chap on bbc in the evenings but other than that….dire.

I’m still pissed off the BBC got rid of Outside Source. Loved that and Ros Atkins was really good. Since it’s rebrand and merger BBC news has really gone downhill and Newsnight  is mostly shite as well.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

GB News and Laurence Fox sink to a new low.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-gb-news-issues-urgent-31036747.amp

What is happening to this country? Rupert Murdoch might be standing down from his position as chief purveyor of crap to the public but his legacy lives on.

it isn't "this country" it's one gobshite on a station and a newspaper that gives gobshites a mouthpiece. If you go looking for things to be angry about you can easily find them. Like if you go looking for things that are positive then you can easily find them.

Witney retirement village residents were visited by penguins | Oxford Mail

What a love place Witney must be, lets all move there and get visits from Penguins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

it isn't "this country" it's one gobshite on a station and a newspaper that gives gobshites a mouthpiece. If you go looking for things to be angry about you can easily find them. Like if you go looking for things that are positive then you can easily find them.

Witney retirement village residents were visited by penguins | Oxford Mail

What a love place Witney must be, lets all move there and get visits from Penguins

Yes ‘controversial’ prick sounds off is not a ‘look at the state of this country’  issue.  Sad cunts like Laurence Fox now have an audience they didn’t have pre-social media but akin to LD sounding off in the pub unaware most are thinking how pathetic they are. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yes ‘controversial’ prick sounds off is not a ‘look at the state of this country’  issue.  Sad cunts like Laurence Fox now have an audience they didn’t have pre-social media but akin to LD sounding off in the pub unaware most are thinking how pathetic they are. 

My point is that this is not an isolated issue. We have senior government officials who think it is perfectly ok to lie and spout racist rhetoric. We have large parts of our media which support these lies and the racist rhetoric. The Sun used to be the low bench mark but it has been super ceded by the Mail, Express and Telegraph who are happy to trot out and support this rubbish daily. Sexual offences are through the roof and not being prosecuted. Hate crimes are climbing. We are being bombarded with a view that we should be scornful of people who are fleeing persecution but feel sorry for others who can afford to send their children to public school and are being asked to pay more.

There are more and more reports of the country being “broken” so sticking your head in the sand and pretending

that everyting is fine (when you are ok yourself, so why worry?) seems a bit lame to be honest.

It’s a bit hard to get excited about news stories of a nice sunny day in September or looking at pictures of baby bunnies when the leader of a party who will contest the next election denigrates a women by claiming on a national news programme  that no one would shag her (and although few people would have seen the original interview but it is main news now). When yet another male celebrity is called out for sexual assault. When our Home Secretary makes official speeches that most people would describe as racist in nature if made by a person with white skin. When one of the main high profile projects in levelling up is now in doubt. When young people cannot afford housing and the rental sector cannot cope with the numbers. Strikes are continuing to cripple the country. The NHS has a record waiting list and people are finding it hard to get to see a doctor in the first place. Another teenager has just been stabbed to death this morning. The rivers and seas around the coast are still being polluted with effluent. Our government is rowing back on green issues because they think there are votes in it for them.

I could go on with hard evidence that the country is going down the pan but I am now going to look at a picture of a puppy instead and apparently then all will be well 😎

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

My point is that this is not an isolated issue. We have senior government officials who think it is perfectly ok to lie and spout racist rhetoric. We have large parts of our media which support these lies and the racist rhetoric. The Sun used to be the low bench mark but it has been super ceded by the Mail, Express and Telegraph who are happy to trot out and support this rubbish daily. Sexual offences are through the roof and not being prosecuted. Hate crimes are climbing. We are being bombarded with a view that we should be scornful of people who are fleeing persecution but feel sorry for others who can afford to send their children to public school and are being asked to pay more.

There are more and more reports of the country being “broken” so sticking your head in the sand and pretending

that everyting is fine (when you are ok yourself, so why worry?) seems a bit lame to be honest.

It’s a bit hard to get excited about news stories of a nice sunny day in September or looking at pictures of baby bunnies when the leader of a party who will contest the next election denigrates a women by claiming on a national news programme  that no one would shag her (and although few people would have seen the original interview but it is main news now). When yet another male celebrity is called out for sexual assault. When our Home Secretary makes official speeches that most people would describe as racist in nature if made by a person with white skin. When one of the main high profile projects in levelling up is now in doubt. When young people cannot afford housing and the rental sector cannot cope with the numbers. Strikes are continuing to cripple the country. The NHS has a record waiting list and people are finding it hard to get to see a doctor in the first place. Another teenager has just been stabbed to death this morning. The rivers and seas around the coast are still being polluted with effluent. Our government is rowing back on green issues because they think there are votes in it for them.

I could go on with hard evidence that the country is going down the pan but I am now going to look at a picture of a puppy instead and apparently then all will be well 😎

I blame Russell Martin

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

All that is on the tories and the attention seeking provocative snide Fox is another story.

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

It’s a bit hard to get excited about news stories of a nice sunny day in September or looking at pictures of baby bunnies when the leader of a party who will contest the next election denigrates a women by claiming on a national news programme  that no one would shag her (and although few people would have seen the original interview but it is main news now).

What are you blathering on about now?

There is more than enough bollocks spouted by members of all the political parties for you to get all worked up about, without having to resort to your usual M.O. of making shit up.

28 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What are you blathering on about now?

There is more than enough bollocks spouted by members of all the political parties for you to get all worked up about, without having to resort to your usual M.O. of making shit up.

Well Fox is the leader of the Reclaim Party, so nothing there is made up, unless I'm missing something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Well Fox is the leader of the Reclaim Party, so nothing there is made up, unless I'm missing something.

I stand corrected!  I had no idea he was the leader of anything - but I guess most other normal people who don't pay any attention to him didn't know that either.

I guess the only made up bit then is the bit about 'contesting' the next election ;)  I imagine he will 'contest' it the same way as that raving loony fella!!

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I stand corrected!  I had no idea he was the leader of anything - but I guess most other normal people who don't pay any attention to him didn't know that either.

I guess the only made up bit then is the bit about 'contesting' the next election ;)  I imagine he will 'contest' it the same way as that raving loony fella!!

Well, when he said contest the next general election it's a bit like Maidstone will contest the FA Cup this season, but have got as much chance of winning it as Romney Marsh U7s. All he is known for as being an actor and a gobshite, lets not make out he is a "serious person"

On 27/09/2023 at 23:08, whelk said:

Seems even GB News couldn’t defend these couple of pricks.

and don’t know about you lads but know who I’d rather shag

IMG_0583.jpeg

IMG_0584.jpeg

In the red corner, the misandrist who says men should be frightened to interact with women, and laughs at male suicide rates

In the blue corner, the misogynist who believes it’s okay to go on national television talking about whether someone he doesn’t like is shaggable

Its a tough one

28 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

In the red corner, the misandrist who says men should be frightened to interact with women, and laughs at male suicide rates

In the blue corner, the misogynist who believes it’s okay to go on national television talking about whether someone he doesn’t like is shaggable

Its a tough one

I watched the interview and didn’t see her laugh at male suicide rates. I also don’t think that stating that there should be a minister for mental health (all sexes) instead of a minister for men makes you a man hater. Fighting for women’s rights does not make you are man hater.

So no, not really a tough one at all. If Fox had issues with anything she had to say about the issues being discussed then he should address those issues, not focus on her sexual attractiveness or otherwise. Incredible that we are still wandering into the “9 Pinter” territory in 2023.

48 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I watched the interview and didn’t see her laugh at male suicide rates. I also don’t think that stating that there should be a minister for mental health (all sexes) instead of a minister for men makes you a man hater. Fighting for women’s rights does not make you are man hater.

So no, not really a tough one at all. If Fox had issues with anything she had to say about the issues being discussed then he should address those issues, not focus on her sexual attractiveness or otherwise. Incredible that we are still wandering into the “9 Pinter” territory in 2023.

But yeah she doesn’t hate men

IMG_0746.jpeg

1 hour ago, SotonianWill said:

Its a tough one

So basically you want t9 shag Laurence Fox? Each to their own

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

But yeah she doesn’t hate men

IMG_0746.jpeg

Will, are you an incel by any chance?  Go do some research about how vulnerable many women feel when they are around men they don’t know, and some they do. Go look at the figures for rape and sexual assault. Go look at the figures for domestic abuse. It is quite possible to be wary of the threat they carry whilst not hating the whole gender. 
Did she mention that she wouldn’t shag anyone in the panel during her interview? No of course not.

Your efforts to try and pretend that somehow his comments were okay because you think hers were not haven’t worked mate.

Whatever her views on men, during the interview it seemed to me that she was just trying to balance up the discussion. Are men’s mental health issues really more of a concern than women’s to the extent that they should have their own minister? Of course not.

She also made the point that women’s suicide rates would be much higher but they have a lower success rate. Does that make their issues less of a concern?

Fox’s comments were indefensible and embarrassing by well done for trying. He and the people who support him are one of the reasons who woman have problems with men.

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text
  • Like 1

I saw the original chat on Politics Live and it was a well-mannered and reasonable discussion where both parties found some middle ground.

Then enter attention-seeking foghorn Fox, desperately spouting hatred for cash, because that's how the shallow twat earns a living since being exposed as rubbish at everything else, ably supported by an alleged sex offender.

But it's not his fault, people need to understand that this is his job now, making up mad shit to hang advertising on.

So treat him as the acting and music businesses did, don't take him seriously - he doesn't even believe it himself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rallyboy said:

I saw the original chat on Politics Live and it was a well-mannered and reasonable discussion where both parties found some middle ground.

Then enter attention-seeking foghorn Fox, desperately spouting hatred for cash, because that's how the shallow twat earns a living since being exposed as rubbish at everything else, ably supported by an alleged sex offender.

But it's not his fault, people need to understand that this is his job now, making up mad shit to hang advertising on.

So treat him as the acting and music businesses did, don't take him seriously - he doesn't even believe it himself.

I didn’t know what Fox was responding to so did a little research https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2023/09/27/if-you-dont-know-why-laurence-fox-ranted-about-ava-santina-you-need-to-see-this/

Then some context further back https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/28/ava-evans-hits-back-gb-news-commentator-19569480/

Evans’s comments were fine until the last sentence about the rise in men’s mental health being used as a political weapon to beat women with which was wide of the mark, having volunteered on projects to help young men with their mental health.

Up until then she makes good points that mental health for all categories needs more focus and investment. The public feedback about that final comment prior to Fox had made her re-think a bit. The other Oakeshott-Tomlinson-Evans debate being referred to is covered in the second link which Tomlinson is using on GB News as whataboutery. Evans could be better in how she expresses herself but there is some very deliberate and cynical misinterpretation from Tomlinson there which his co-presenter shoots down with ease.

Fox and Wootton have no excuses and some of the whataboutery is pathetic from certain GB presenters. She’s left wing - just admit that’s your beef rather than attach misinformation to what she said in order to justify incel and hatred-filled personal attacks. Wootton you’d have thought would have kept a lower profile with the Russell Brand to make the disturbing sex allegations surrounding him recede. Now GB and Mail online have finally been forced to apply some seriously overdue editorial control to someone who is unfit to be on air.

The final conclusion I draw is that it’s another clear reason never to watch Talk TV or GB News. Two nasty, tacky little channels for adults who can’t digest/think objectively about the news of the day. And look, on top Calvin Robinson’s ban, another one of of their infamous presenters with an IQ of 5 makes a similar mistake https://www.thenational.scot/news/23825123.lee-anderson-calls-carol-vorderman-plastic-gb-news-criticism/

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67009045

Imagine being such a monumental bellend that you manage to get yourself sacked by GB News because you don't meet their moral standards.

NIgel Farge just been on Good Morning Britain. He was very critical of Laurence Fox saying sacking him was the right thing to to do, he over stepped the line. He also said the Tories are a mess (yes we know) and he wont rejoin, was critical of Sunak. Going to be a tough day for some of you having to agree with Farage whilst maintaining your hatred for anything and everything he and the tories do. 

59 minutes ago, Turkish said:

NIgel Farge just been on Good Morning Britain. He was very critical of Laurence Fox saying sacking him was the right thing to to do, he over stepped the line. He also said the Tories are a mess (yes we know) and he wont rejoin, was critical of Sunak. Going to be a tough day for some of you having to agree with Farage whilst maintaining your hatred for anything and everything he and the tories do. 

Not really. I can agree with Rishi Sunak on which footy team to support whilst loathing everything about his politics.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

The left only ever play the issue never the person. Happy to agree with Farage if he is right.

I love a bit of right wing internecine warfare.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

The left only ever play the issue never the person. Happy to agree with Farage if he is right.

I love a bit of right wing internecine warfare.

:lol: Of course they dont. I've never seen anyone from the left on this forum desperate to criticise an individual whatever they do. 

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

All this does is further reinforce my point though. Farage - the poster boy of right wing politics - is a contrarian gobshite who usually revels in spouting controversial opinions for publicity. If even he isn't going to stick up for Fox then it demonstrates just how low he has stooped.

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

All this does is further reinforce my point though. Farage - the poster boy of right wing politics - is a contrarian gobshite who usually revels in spouting controversial opinions for publicity. If even he isn't going to stick up for Fox then it demonstrates just how low he has stooped.

Hang on a minute, what was controversial about him agreeing with something we all thought was the right thing to do. We all thought Fox was a twat and over stepped the mark when Farage says it he's stopping low. I rest my case :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

But Farage isn't a geeky feeedom of speech absolute. He knows Fox could have made his point and got his anger across without saying what he said. Being an absolute is eventually counter productive, Farage knows that well crafted narrative wins the day.

Edited by Fan The Flames

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Hang on a minute, what was controversial about him agreeing with something we all thought was the right thing to do. We all thought Fox was a twat and over stepped the mark when Farage says it he's stopping low. I rest my case :lol:

I can't see your point here?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sorry if my post wasn't clear.

I meant Fox must have stooped low when even Farage agrees with the mainstream (which he rarely does) and condemns him.