Saints 4-4 Norwich

whelk

Id suggest anybody blaming Baz for three, more or less unsaveable goals is a bit of a div

Im happy blaming him when he is at fault, but effectively;

Sargent was unmarked for the first, Id blame KWP or Bednarek, with equal blame for who ever allowed the cross

Sara goal was useless defending centrally, a fantastic finish but absolutely dreadful midfield wise

Rowe goal… I genuinely don’t even know who to blame, he’s completely unmarked start to finish… it looks like we mark zonally.. so who was marking that area ?

We’re far too weak in two areas currently, we simply need to be better at defending set pieces, its not just a lack if height we are totally unorganised

We need more midfield resilience, Smallbone is a fantastic, tidy footballer, but he’ll never be an effective 6 as long as he has a hole in his arse

• Like 6

The theory that as long as you keep the bll, the opposition can't score has been blown out of the water by the balance of the theory, which is when you don't have the ball, the other team score, and sciore, and score. In case Martin hasn't realised, thats why his teams finish in mid-table.

Someone please prod him on the shoulder to remind him that winning sides, play againsst the ball so as to prevent conceding.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Id suggest anybody blaming Baz for three, more or less unsaveable goals is a bit of a div

Im happy blaming him when he is at fault, but effectively;

Sargent was unmarked for the first, Id blame KWP or Bednarek, with equal blame for who ever allowed the cross

Sara goal was useless defending centrally, a fantastic finish but absolutely dreadful midfield wise

Rowe goal… I genuinely don’t even know who to blame, he’s completely unmarked start to finish… it looks like we mark zonally.. so who was marking that area ?

We’re far too weak in two areas currently, we simply need to be better at defending set pieces, its not just a lack if height we are totally unorganised

We need more midfield resilience, Smallbone is a fantastic, tidy footballer, but he’ll never be an effective 6 as long as he has a hole in his arse

He's the most unlucky keeper in the world. Every effort on goal he faces is unstoppable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, saintroyt said:

Yeah 130 m  on what ? Especially when we needed a quality striker and keeper.suppose I am just depressed 

Just suck it up. We have bought some shit, got relegated and now we have to take the pain. Moaning about us not spending seems a bit out of step with reality.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Have you seen the goals today ?

I couldn't give a fig about today's goals - this guy is not good enough to be our number one keeper if we are serious about promotion. If you think he is well, let's see how he pans out over the next couple of months.

• Like 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

We've had many yellows for grabbing a player to stop a break. We are really open for the counter.

I know it's only one game, but on this specific game are we missing JWPs work rate and positional sense? 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 4-4 Norwich
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic