Atmosphere in the Chapel (and in general)

niceandfriendly

14 hours ago, Turkish said:

Fuck off pompey you’re all peados

rest in peace Gary Speedo 

Ivor Novello level 

Quite, quite beautiful.  This sonnet could easily extend to several verses:

Fuck off Westwood you inbred nonce

God bless Chris Marsden, star baldy bonce

Bernie Terrapin level at least.

I'm in Kingsland North and tbf the Chapel sounded louder than the Northam for much of the game. Great noise from the Itchen North as well in the first half. Good effort guys.

Unfortunately the Northam seems to be full of idiots who ruin every chant by clapping at 100mph and then get on the players' backs as soon as they misplace a pass.

• Like 3

On 16/09/2023 at 10:33, LuckyNumber7 said:

I'm in Kingsland North and tbf the Chapel sounded louder than the Northam for much of the game. Great noise from the Itchen North as well in the first half. Good effort guys.

Unfortunately the Northam seems to be full of idiots who ruin every chant by clapping at 100mph and then get on the players' backs as soon as they misplace a pass.

It's great that we have a proper home end at last, rather than having our singers hidden away in the corners of the away end.

On 21/09/2023 at 12:44, Badger said:

Thought it was quite a good atmosphere there on Friday.

Fair play to those involved in getting it going. 

Same again Saturday - let's set the tone from kick off and hope we don't concede within 20 seconds!

Sellout crowd looking likely - wonder how many of those are Leeds in the home end. Probably a fair few 😷

4 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Same again Saturday - let's set the tone from kick off and hope we don't concede within 20 seconds!

Sellout crowd looking likely - wonder how many of those are Leeds in the home end. Probably a fair few 😷

Does seem like a lot of tickets have shifted in the last week and I can't imagine that many Saints fans have suddenly decided they want to go, maybe its some of the 30k students that have moved back into the city in the last fortnight coming to see the magical wonder of Saints ground-breaking possession based soccer 

10 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

All booked up. 

Sorry everyone but I just went back through, I haven't seen us win in person since 2017. 

I used to go to The Guide Dog when we'd had a 3 o'clock kick off, we'd won and I was on the train so could have a celebratory pint or two.

Can't remember the last time I went..

20 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Thought overall atmosphere was pretty flat even at 3-0 today, but the Chapel were consistently good again throughout - it is making a difference. 

Totally  agree about the atmosphere, yes mostly in the first half the crowd were up for it,but it was  quiet for long periods for non productive possession, that there were lots of moans and shouts from the Chapel end and justified too.Baz's distribution at times was dreadful and lacked pace to pick out KWP,and those were the times we could have shot ourselves in the foot . And yet the crowd came alive momentarily  when the ball was moved across the pitch and above the halfway line quickly. Best 2 crowd songs were Sky sports your shit and jimmy savile, hes one of your own..........quality,football humour eh........!

We won we move on .

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2023 at 00:16, Saint_clark said:

All booked up. 

Sorry everyone but I just went back through, I haven't seen us win in person since 2017. 

Same here. West Brom away in April 2017. Before that, the Crystal Palace home game the previous week.

1 hour ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

Think it’s just because we are so used to throwing away leads at home. You could feel the nervs throughout the whole second half. 

It's only natural and based on past experiences, especially when we sense the team sitting back and inviting trouble. 

Still another crowd over 30k, good going for championship football that was live on sky 

6 hours ago, JRM said:

It's only natural and based on past experiences, especially when we sense the team sitting back and inviting trouble. 

Still another crowd over 30k, good going for championship football that was live on sky 

the more I see it back, the more I’m convinced there was never 30k in the ground yesterday! 

3 minutes ago, doc oli said:

the more I see it back, the more I’m convinced there was never 30k in the ground yesterday! 

Yeah not a chance. Where I bought my ticket at the back of 15 there was only two seats available when I went on, but there were loads of empty seats around me. 

Was happy to get involved with the atmosphere, just a shame so many of the Chapel lot don't want to get involved and instead look round and stare at those who are chanting. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, doc oli said:

I know it's supposedly tickets sold rather than actual clicks of the turnstile, Leeds game for example there was a train strike with no trains from any direction into Southampton. 

Even still good numbers, will be more like 26k for Rotherham next week. 

14 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

Totally  agree about the atmosphere, yes mostly in the first half the crowd were up for it,but it was  quiet for long periods for non productive possession, that there were lots of moans and shouts from the Chapel end and justified too.Baz's distribution at times was dreadful and lacked pace to pick out KWP,and those were the times we could have shot ourselves in the foot . And yet the crowd came alive momentarily  when the ball was moved across the pitch and above the halfway line quickly. Best 2 crowd songs were Sky sports your shit and jimmy savile, hes one of your own..........quality,football humour eh........!

We won we move on .

What the hell are to you bleating on about, Baz’s distribution was exceptional.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scummer said:

Featured in the Echo, and endorsed by the club's Chief Commercial Officer on Twitter today. The club are definitely in favour of getting some atmosphere in the Chapel

Club perhaps seeing it as a reason for hiking the price next season as it gets more popular …. 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Badger said:

Club perhaps seeing it as a reason for hiking the price next season as it gets more popular …. 

yep, the way i've always seen it. It sounds like the main selling point is / was that its the cheapest place to get a ST in the ground. 

The reason its cheapest is because people generally don't want to sit there - as soon as popularity rises, so will the price. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dman said:

yep, the way i've always seen it. It sounds like the main selling point is / was that its the cheapest place to get a ST in the ground. 

The reason its cheapest is because people generally don't want to sit there - as soon as popularity rises, so will the price. 

Shouldn't be that way in my opinion. Should be:

Corners cheapest

Goals

Outer centre

Centre

Premium most expensive 

Regardless of popularity.

I do feel for those in Blocks 39-38 who have the exact same view as us (reversed), have been there for several years, but tickets are more expensive. 

• Like 3

shout out to the lads in Block 15 yesterday - it made the atmosphere where we were sat in Itchen South much more enjoyable. Havent heard a decent rendition of 'we're the chapel over here' for years until yesterday.

Also I thought the initial medical response yesterday was appalling - I dont think they could of walked slower up the stairs if they tried

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, richardc said:

shout out to the lads in Block 15 yesterday - it made the atmosphere where we were sat in Itchen South much more enjoyable. Havent heard a decent rendition of 'we're the chapel over here' for years until yesterday.

Also I thought the initial medical response yesterday was appalling - I dont think they could of walked slower up the stairs if they tried

Totally agree on both points...the atmosphere in block 15 this season encourages people to join in. It's certainly much better towards the front...especially when the guy in front of us stands up, turns round and encourages the lads at the back!! 😂

We said the same about the medical incident, no urgency whatsoever. Hope the guy recovered🤞🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richardc said:

Indeed. it looked from The Chapel that it was a bloke in a Saints shirt that was giving CPR and it seemed to take ages before medical help arrived.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

Indeed. it looked from The Chapel that it was a bloke in a Saints shirt that was giving CPR and it seemed to take ages before medical help arrived.

And if I wasn't for the Rotherham goal keeper it would have taken even longer, he deserved two man of the match awards 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Badger said:

Good effort from those at the back again yesterday in getting an atmosphere going. 

Well done. 

Thanks. Although we need others to come over and join if it's going to carry over into future seasons. The club are looking to waive the £10 admin fee for transferring seats which should help. And the half season ticket window could also help. Still plenty of availability for ST holders in the block 3 or 4 rows of Block 15. I encourage anyone looking to make a difference to the atmosphere on a Match-day to move over.

UTS.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, franniesTache said:

If anyone is attending the atmosphere meeting can they ask the club for 3 year banning orders for anyone that sings about libraries at away games please?

Personally i'd go for a lifetime ban from the city of southampton for doing it, but a 3 year banning order would be a good start.

What you doing on here mush, you been banned from the Ugly?

• 2 weeks later...