The Traitors

trousers

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Claudia Winkleman is filth but I never got into it and found it quite irritating, but lots of people love it. Maybe I need to persist even just to see more of Claudia 

She's out of the series now (spoilers) but there was a contestant in it this season who was an absolute dirtbag. 

The production company knew this so every other episode they had a quick shot of her having a bath. 

Much like Strictly, there's a little something for the Dads.

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

She's out of the series now (spoilers) but there was a contestant in it this season who was an absolute dirtbag. 

The production company knew this so every other episode they had a quick shot of her having a bath. 

*downloads this seasons series to binge watch*

• Haha 1

This has been a great series.

I hoped it would be after the first instalment last year. I had a nagging worry that this season would see whacky characters brought in to play who are trying to become z-list celebs, but no, it has been great.

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This has been a great series.

I hoped it would be after the first instalment last year. I had a nagging worry that this season would see whacky characters brought in to play who are trying to become z-list celebs, but no, it has been great.

I think what makes the traitors good is that they have a reasonably normal set of people.  Even when it's not celebrities, most reality shows are full of "influencers" and it makes it inauthentic.  This is just good old Big Brother style tension, with injected confrontation, it's great.

And yes, one particular talent in this years show.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

I think what makes the traitors good is that they have a reasonably normal set of people.  Even when it's not celebrities, most reality shows are full of "influencers" and it makes it inauthentic.  This is just good old Big Brother style tension, with injected confrontation, it's great.

And yes, one particular talent in this years show.

Big Brother was decent when it was normal people then they started to bring in "characters" and it just became a wierdo fest. Each series contained more and more oddballs, remember when that trannie won it and it got all upset because people walked past outside shouting "shes a man" :lol:

• Like 1

Made a massive faux pas while watching the final with my Mrs last night.

**SPOILER ALERT**

During the final banishment, when it was obvious that Harry and Jaz would vote for each other, I turned to my wife and said "So it's all in Mollie's ha... ohh shit 😳 "

Just watched the first series after seeing this thread. Probably the first reality tv programme I've really enjoyed. 

So many twists and turns and emotions running high. Real bonds being made, but some having to lie and deceive at the same time. A real insight into the way people behave differently to similar scenarios. Going to start the second series today. 

On 24/01/2024 at 21:02, CB Fry said:

i watched the third one last night, when do the bath shots start so i can not waste time watch the others?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else saw this on Twitter over the weekend, but this is an interesting piece of early 2000s TV. A "Traitor" program on the BBC. I don't remember it.

Similar in some ways to the series we have now, but to be honest it is more like a Big Brother / Weakest Link crossover. I started watching it and I'm not going to lie I needed to see how it ended.

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Not sure if anyone else saw this on Twitter over the weekend, but this is an interesting piece of early 2000s TV. A "Traitor" program on the BBC. I don't remember it.

Similar in some ways to the series we have now, but to be honest it is more like a Big Brother / Weakest Link crossover. I started watching it and I'm not going to lie I needed to see how it ended.

before i start can you confirm if there any fit women in the bath?

• Haha 1

On 27/01/2024 at 13:08, LGTL said:

It’s a brilliant series. The Australian series is well worth a watch too.

My wife and I watched the first Australian series before we'd watched any of the other versions and loved it. Series 1 AUS was excellent, both UK ones have been brilliant too.

There is a US version but it's filmed in the same place/same time as the UK version with the same tasks - only they have about 50/50 normal people and "celebrities" (mostly from other reality TV shows) which really detracts from the game. Also the presenter is annoying as fuck.

We've just finished series 2 of the Australian version (iPlayer) and I have to say, before this I thought of Australians as a laid back and intelligent bunch. Somehow they found the 20 thickest people in the country (half minor celebs, like the US) and I was honestly hoping there was some way that everybody could lose. That said, I enjoyed the finale.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2024 at 13:02, CB Fry said:

She's out of the series now (spoilers) but there was a contestant in it this season who was an absolute dirtbag

Yeahhhhh 😀

just finished both seasons. Good stuff.

Here in the US, it's a trash heap of crap stagnant reality series, so watching this on iplayer featuring normal people like how this genre used to be, was refreshing. 

I watched 5 minutes of the US version out of curiosity and true to form, they don't half know how to ruin a good thing...full of ghastly z list reality stars being arseholes. I didn't even get to John Bercow who plays some sort of role....but I don't care.