FA Cup 5th Round

For those that travel away regularly and know how the allocations generally go...would I have much chance of getting tickets as a season holder that's not travelled to an away game?

I don't usually go to away games as I'm on the island and don't know anyone to travel with generally so just trying to get an idea of my chances...if there are any

35 minutes ago, Leighsterrr said:

For those that travel away regularly and know how the allocations generally go...would I have much chance of getting tickets as a season holder that's not travelled to an away game?

I don't usually go to away games as I'm on the island and don't know anyone to travel with generally so just trying to get an idea of my chances...if there are any

With that allocation, the fact they go on sale tomorrow and it being midweek I'd imagine you'll be fine.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Leighsterrr said:

Yes I think you will have no problem 

• Like 1

Last time I went to watch Saints at Anfield it was a 1-1 draw with Mane scoring our goal.

I guess the away end has now been completely remodelled as a consequence of the new stand behind the goal.

Anyone got an idea of the views from the different tiers?

8 hours ago, EssEffCee said:

Anyone who wants one gets one for this imo. Don't see more than 3k schlepping up there. And even that might be a push.

Agree, I think we'll return about half of that allocation, most away regulars I know more interested in Birmingham a few days later 

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Agree, I think we'll return about half of that allocation, most away regulars I know more interested in Birmingham a few days later 

Birmingham ticket details still not up. Usually bang on 4 weeks in advance the club post details. Strange that, but lots of games going on I guess to sort out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Didn't Shankley die about 20 years before we moved to St Mary's? 

Sorry.  A Freudian slip. Of course it was at the Dell and it was all standing-  no seats in those days. If we win at Anfield  there will be no tears from Hassenhutal. this time.

6 hours ago, JRM said:

I'm giving it a miss, probably in the top percentage of away fans for games i go to but i've been to Anfield loads and can't get the time of work easily. Way more bothered about Brum and Blackburn to be honest.

8 hours ago, JRM said:

Yeah that's what I'm hearing from a lot of people too. I'm definitely gonna give a miss as it needs an overnight stay so a lot of money with other more interesting away games on the horizon.

9 hours ago, JRM said:

I thought so too, but not so sure now 1,500 tickets sold already and only went on sale 2.30 this afternoon

i think as loads are currently missing  out on tickets to away league games they will choose to go to this game 

If I get tickets I'm coaching up to London for £10 return, then travelling up with a mate from there. Back to his overnight then head back down to the island on Thurs lunchtime

Would love to do the league games but don't know anyone who travels yet. Just always wanted to do a game at Anfield!

According to LFC, we last beat them in the FA Cup in 1924/25, 1:0 in round 4 at the Dell.  We won 4:1 in round 2 in 1902.  But we have lost each time more recently.  This is our last chance to keep the period of FA Cup losses to LFC below 100 years.

Another incentive to add to our present unbeaten run, provided it lasts that long of course.

If only!  We live in hope.

1 hour ago, northam soul said:

Is this just the bottom tier or some of the new top tier ?

Just the bottom tier, does look like a decent number sold in first afternoon of sales, might surprise me. We didn't take that many when 1 up already in the semi final 2017. 

2 hours ago, Leighsterrr said:

If I get tickets I'm coaching up to London for £10 return, then travelling up with a mate from there. Back to his overnight then head back down to the island on Thurs lunchtime

Would love to do the league games but don't know anyone who travels yet. Just always wanted to do a game at Anfield!

Don't be too disappointed at the lack of the famous Anfield atmosphere, though ... most overrated atmosphere in football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

Don't be too disappointed at the lack of the famous Anfield atmosphere, though ... most overrated atmosphere in football.

I guess if you're in the Kop it's different...but I don't think I'll chance it!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, oldsarum said:

I thought so too, but not so sure now 1,500 tickets sold already and only went on sale 2.30 this afternoon

i think as loads are currently missing  out on tickets to away league games they will choose to go to this game 

It's impressive to be fair, despite everything in modern football (like relegating this round to a midweek slot, weakened teams etc) the fans still love a trip in the cup , early sales look decent. 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

It's impressive to be fair, despite everything in modern football (like relegating this round to a midweek slot, weakened teams etc) the fans still love a trip in the cup , early sales look decent. 

One thing i'll find interesting is how many of those that have bought tickets will actually turn up.

I've noticed this season when big allocations, or unpopular games are released you get a lot more people buying tickets to immediately move them on on social media. I guess the fact we're getting smaller allocations in the league means it's more incentive to do this so people can qualify for the games it'll be hard to get tickets for.

This lad for example bought tickets half an hour after they went on sale and is already trying to shift them, doubt that's travel arrangements or work

https://x.com/jchann14/status/1755600557807665154?s=20

18 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

One thing i'll find interesting is how many of those that have bought tickets will actually turn up.

I've noticed this season when big allocations, or unpopular games are released you get a lot more people buying tickets to immediately move them on on social media. I guess the fact we're getting smaller allocations in the league means it's more incentive to do this so people can qualify for the games it'll be hard to get tickets for.

This lad for example bought tickets half an hour after they went on sale and is already trying to shift them, doubt that's travel arrangements or work

I was advised to do that so I could get the games that I wanted to go to. Can't be bothered with the hassle of buying for the sake of it just to sell on though! For this game I'd probably take a couple off someone's hands if I can't get them in my time slot tomorrow though. But will be p*ssed off if I can't get them but see loads of spare seats 🙄

The FA Cup Final this year is  25th May

Championship Play off final is 26th May

Will they be offering two for one tickets and the chance to sleep over if you bring a sleeping bag

Edited by Hatch
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Will they be offering two for one tickets and the chance to sleep over if you bring a sleeping bag

We are going to lose to a dodgy refereeing decision in the semi so the FA don’t look stupid.

12 hours ago, SaintNewForest said:

There a post on instagram where they are playing you’ll never walk alone through speakers - two coppers discussing it and saying about them starting up the speakers!

Just now, Hatch said:

Imagine the scenes if Us, Leeds, Blackburn or Coventry get to the final and play off final. Didn't really think that through did they.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint IQ said:

Imagine the scenes if Us, Leeds, Blackburn or Coventry get to the final and play off final. Didn't really think that through did they.

Wembley has the Champions League final on 1st June too so they’d be right up the shit 😂

Surprised at the interest in this game. None of the regular away travellers I know are going, we’re far more interested in Birmingham, Blackburn etc. Guess it’s a good opportunity for those that don’t normally travel to get to Anfield, which is a depressingly shit place to watch football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, franniesTache said:

There was some bint on Twitter selling West Brom tickets and wanting £50 each for them... Really hope nobody took her up on the offer.

Just sorted my ticket for Liverpool and there were very few available. I’m pretty surprised there’s such big demand for them. Only went on sale to ST holders with no aways this afternoon 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

Just sorted my ticket for Liverpool and there were very few available. I’m pretty surprised there’s such big demand for them. Only went on sale to ST holders with no aways this afternoon 

As I was choosing our seats they were selling so opted for best available in the end...and just got in on time by the looks of things!

It's really weird how popular this game is, we've played at Anfield loads in my lifetime (usually losing) and didn't even sell out our allocation for the league cup semi final there. But a fifth round FA cup fixture, midweek, in a game we'll probably get tonked and everyone's losing their mind trying to get tickets to.

I genuinely don't understand the mad rush, it's not even like it's a novelty for us.

• Like 5

with demand very high I hope the club will take up the offer of a second allocation which is on the table. 

I am non ST/member and did a few aways at the start of the season no problem..... now all the Jonny come latelys come out the the woodwork. 😑

Edited by richie

19 minutes ago, John D said:

A load more just appeared in a centre block!

Initially around 3,000 were available, around 50 of these currently still available, plus a new block AL6 of 800 have just bygone on sale, so still another 1,600 being held back at the moment 

I’ve never seen this before, just fast forward to 8:45, that’s limbs for ya!

We had all of the blocks that night that we’ve currently got on sale at the moment, so would have had around 4,000 there in 2017.

Edit: and those *cough* ‘scousers’ do like a half-and-half scarf at Anfield

Edited by TheAlehouseBrawlers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, franniesTache said:

It's really weird how popular this game is, we've played at Anfield loads in my lifetime (usually losing) and didn't even sell out our allocation for the league cup semi final there. But a fifth round FA cup fixture, midweek, in a game we'll probably get tonked and everyone's losing their mind trying to get tickets to.

I genuinely don't understand the mad rush, it's not even like it's a novelty for us.

Yeah it's bizarre isn't it. I thought we'd struggle to take more than 3k but we've sold loads already.

I'd already decided not to go but I'm almost getting drawn into the hype. Might be our best midweek away following for years.