Saints 0-1 Stoke - Match Thread

Lighthouse

4 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

He should let Downes play the second half to get match fit.

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

He's out on his own warming up, looks likely he'll be on

If he comes on, here's hoping he doesn't pick up one of his innocuous "slight knocks"...

Just now, austsaint said:

Drab, slow and hard to watch.  We seem to have a three man attack if you can call Mara an attacking player.   Brooks seems to be playing as an attacking mid, while Charles and Smallbone are both anonymous in CM.   What is the point of Smallbone?   He,s neither a holding nor attacking midfielder and acts as a handbrake on quick movement.   I realise there are a few players being rested but as a lead up to the play offs this is a flat performance.

He's an academy player though so he'll get away with it for years before he's eventually sold to a League Two club and they'll be calls of "BUT HE NEVER GOT A FAIR CHANCE!!!"

• Haha 1

Just now, austsaint said:

Drab, slow and hard to watch.  We seem to have a three man attack if you can call Mara an attacking player.   Brooks seems to be playing as an attacking mid, while Charles and Smallbone are both anonymous in CM.   What is the point of Smallbone?   He,s neither a holding nor attacking midfielder and acts as a handbrake on quick movement.   I realise there are a few players being rested but as a lead up to the play offs this is a flat performance.

Smallbone and Stephens were our two best players first half.

• Like 2

Just woke up after night shift. Not one youngster on the bench in a dead rubber. That we're currently losing. Rubbish.

Leeds next. That's a spanking. WBA or Norwich be lolling.boat spank GIF by Lil Dicky

• Like 2

Just now, washsaint said:

Smallbone and Stephens were our two best players first half.

Shows how incredibly low the bar has been set, as they’ve both been shite as well 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vectraman said:

Bree’s cross - omg that’s woeful. 
changes at half time please. Get AA and Che on, get that useless lazy twat Mara off. What a waste of money he is 😱

we cant risk our importnt players pre playoffs. So we lose to Stoke, in the bg picture its not important, if we lose the playoffs then lets go for him

• Haha 1

Yes. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If we go into the playoffs all fresh, pump the opposition and breeze through them, would you admit to being wrong? Genuine question. Because for me it's worth it

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

He wants us to lose.

Let's have a sing song....

WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
DIRTY LITTLE SKATE
(dirty little skate)
WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
FAR FAR AWAY,
FAR FAR AWAY YAY YAY YAY YAY,

LAST NIGHT I SAW THEM STEAL YOUR CAAAARAVAAAAN,
OOOOH EE, YOU POOR LITTLE SKATE C**T,

YOU WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND YOUR CARAVAN'S GOOOOONE,
OOOOOH EE; YOU POOR LITTLE SKATE C**T,
YOU POOR LITTLE SKATE C**T,
SKATE!

WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
DIRTY LITTLE SKATE
(dirty little skate)
WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN
(where's your caravan)
FAR FAR AWAY,
FAR FAR AWAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.....

Think we should adopt Notts County’s song for a while..

I HAD A WHEELBARROW, THE WHEEL FELL OFF,

I HAD A WHEELBARROW, THE WHEEL FELL OFF.

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If we go into the playoffs all fresh, pump the opposition and breeze through them, would you admit to being wrong? Genuine question. Because for me it's worth it

If we go into the playoffs with this team and this mindset though we'll undoubtedly be beat and I'll be in the Martin out camp but until that happens, I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Honest question 

Ladbrokes have just offered you a free bet on your two mentioned scenarios, £1000 if you're correct. Where do you put the money?

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Honest question 

Ladbrokes have just offered you a free bet on your two mentioned scenarios, £1000 if you're correct. Where do you put the money?

Honestly? I'd probably bet on us to bottle it but I'd also do that if we were 5-0 up here. I always bet against us purely to soften the blow. Not sure I've ever put a single penny on Saints to win.

• Like 1

Glad to see we’ve improved with Martin’s inspired subs. Fucking dross. 

Walking football is shit, it sets the tempo for the whole game, normalises slow, uncreative shit and wide open space for the opposition to play into 

• Like 5

Mara's pass had far too muich on it. But He did try to pick out Fraser, who was makign a good run. GOod measured pass from Aribo.

From small acorns do successful play offs grow, or something. 🙂

Edozie having a lot of joy against his marker. Shame AA isn;t on to take advantage of any of them.

8 minutes ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Martin’s inability to get defenders even doing the bare minimum of defending should be a sackable event in itself. We really are that bad at defending.

RM hasn’t given our back four more than ten seconds coaching all season, agree totally with what you say in that it is a sackable offence on its own… 

Edited by captainchris
  • Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Stoke - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic