Goztepe

Now that Goztepe will play in the top Turkish league next season I thought we should have a thread dedicated to that club.  One of our loanees already plays in goal and excelled this season just ended and another is being talked about for next season.  The VFC thread seems to work well and has proved useful IMO and I hope this one will, too.  Goztepe has a large fan base and some of them might like to read stuff or contribute on here.

• Like 5

I think it's fitting that the biggest club in SR's revolutionary sporting group, shines a light of hope, with their promotion to a top division, for the likes of Southampton.

The closer any club's colours are to Melchester Rovers, is also a good thing. Perhaps this could be the standard across all SR clubs?

• Like 2

Difficult to compare the Turkish League standard with anything in England, but as  everyone is employed by Sport Republic...and we will be 

without Bazunu for  at least  half of next season ....might it be the right time to get Matrusz  Lis  back to Saints and see how good he really is? 

Likewise ...as Trabonsor seemingly don't want to pay money for Onuachu, he could move over to Göztepe, still stay in Turkey and 

play in the top league, and it wouldn't cost SR anything. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I waited for you to be promoted to the Premier League to write, it was more enjoyable. Next season, our entire income, excluding the money injection, will be around 10 million euros. I do not think that high-paid players like onuachu will play for us. The average football player's annual salary will be 400-500 thousand euros. Our rivals in the league receive money from the municipalities, we cannot, our rivals can pay 2-3 times more. We have such a disadvantage. They generally prefer cheap players, like Mamah, who comes from the Italian amateur league, and Dennis Junior, who has no professional career from Nigeria, and our coach is Stoilov, a good coach who has reached the UEFA quarter finals in his career. Stoilov went beyond his own playing style and played direct attack, with a 3-5-2 formation. It's the exact opposite of your style of play, there is no passing behind, all goal kicks are taken long. Most of the Göztepe transfer news published in the national media are fake, mostly true news comes from people with many followers on Twitter, for example the Reuell Walters transfer news coming from the national media is most likely a lie. More or less, there has been a mass following Southampton matches in Izmir.

Edited by Göztepe
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

Oyun tarzının çok farklı olduğuna dair ilginç haberler. Özellikle bir işe alım/gözcülük departmanı olduğu göz önüne alındığında, gelişimlerinin bir parçası olarak bazı oyuncu değişimlerini bekliyordum. Tüm kulüplerin benzer oyun tarzına sahip olması durumunda oyuncuları belirlemek daha kolay olur. 

If we play 3-4-3 from time to time, Samuel Amo-Ameyaw can improve on loan, of course the player may not want to come, but English players can adapt to Izmir. Cameron Jerome's jersey number is Izmir's plate code :) James Bree can be transferred to right-back. It's unlikely, but Ross Stewart could be loaned to help him catch up with his form.

Edited by Göztepe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Göztepe said:

Hello, I waited for you to be promoted to the Premier League to write, it was more enjoyable. Next season, our entire income, excluding the money injection, will be around 10 million euros. I do not think that high-paid players like onuachu will play for us. The average football player's annual salary will be 400-500 thousand euros. Our rivals in the league receive money from the municipalities, we cannot, our rivals can pay 2-3 times more. We have such a disadvantage. They generally prefer cheap players, like Mamah, who comes from the Italian amateur league, and Dennis Junior, who has no professional career from Nigeria, and our coach is Stoilov, a good coach who has reached the UEFA quarter finals in his career. Stoilov went beyond his own playing style and played direct attack, with a 3-5-2 formation. It's the exact opposite of your style of play, there is no passing behind, all goal kicks are taken long. Most of the Göztepe transfer news published in the national media are fake, mostly true news comes from people with many followers on Twitter, for example the Reuell Walters transfer news coming from the national media is most likely a lie. More or less, there has been a mass following Southampton matches in Izmir.

Thanks very much for the update. Like Doctoroncall, interesting to see the different approaches.

There's an opinion that styles could be standardised to get the best out of the recruitment parameters, interchangeability across clubs, and forward planning. But that doesn't necessarily suits all leagues, or the majority of players at our clubs. There's also advantages to having a range of skills available for development. Too much focus brings in weakness.

Aligning players at different levels with clubs also at different levels is tough too. SR will want success across the group, not one club being used as a training ground for the others. Getting the best pathways for all involved is quite a challenge.

You've got to imagine gozteppe could now be a good dumping ground for us on inflated fees (the multi club model way).

Nice location by the sea, warm etc I could see some players being ok with that.

Also dunno if anyone saw it but players and management and sporting director were all invited to wembley by dragan.

Edited by Convict Colony

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Göztepe'nin artık bizim için şişirilmiş ücretler (çoklu kulüp modeli) açısından iyi bir çöplük alanı olabileceğini hayal etmelisiniz.

Deniz kenarında güzel konum, sıcak vs. Bazı oyuncuların bu konuda sorun yaşamadığını görebiliyordum.

Ayrıca bunu gören var mı bilmiyorum ama oyuncular, yönetim ve sportif direktör Dragan tarafından Wembley'e davet edilmişti.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

You've got to imagine gozteppe could now be a good talent synchronisation hub for us on inflated fees (the multi club model way).

Nice location by the sea, warm etc I could see some players being ok with that.

Also dunno if anyone saw it but players and management and sporting director were all invited to wembley by dragan.

Caught that typo, for you. 🙂

• Haha 1