Hey Fulthorpe! Leave our kids alone!

Alain Perrin

Now I know one result is not a sign of things to come, but even the most distant fan must be impressed by the commitment and quality of the football on show. Like him or loathe him, Lowe's double Dutch plan might just be working.

Is anyone else worried then that any Fulthorpe inspired takeover, if it installs Shearer, would be a backward step? Sure we need the money, but do we need a man with no coaching experience and (in my opinion) little obvious passion taking the helm?

So Mr Fulthorpe, if you're reading this (and if your takeover is anything more than a 'friend of a friend' myth), please think carefully before dismantling our crazy little coaching set up - I'm enjoying football again.

ps. feel free to pay off the debts though!

Now I know one result is not a sign of things to come, but even the most distant fan must be impressed by the commitment and quality of the football on show. Like him or loathe him, Lowe's double Dutch plan might just be working.

Is anyone else worried then that any Fulthorpe inspired takeover, if it installs Shearer, would be a backward step? Sure we need the money, but do we need a man with no coaching experience and (in my opinion) little obvious passion taking the helm?

So Mr Fulthorpe, if you're reading this (and if your takeover is anything more than a 'friend of a friend' myth), please think carefully before dismantling our crazy little coaching set up - I'm enjoying football again.

If (a big IF) it happens then let's wait and see who's financing the consortium before ruling anything in or out. At the moment I agree , let's stick with JP for the time being. But if the backer(s) is offering say £100M over the next three years on condition that Shearer's manager then our hands might be tied.

I don't want any more destabilising to happen in my club right now. The whole club is pulling forward with one aim, one goal and the signs are there that IT WILL WORK.

Fulthorpe, if you are reading this. You are not welcome if it means the first team is altered. Leave Jan well alone.

If (a big IF) it happens then let's wait and see who's financing the consortium before ruling anything in or out. At the moment I agree , let's stick with JP for the time being. But if the backer(s) is offering say £100M over the next three years on condition that Shearer's manager then our hands might be tied.

I think JP has earned the right to see this through. Shearer as a player was good, as a manager he is a tv pundit FFS.

JP is coming over as a professional with a common sense grasp of the game. This is the best football we have seen for years. If there is money available give it to JP not Shearer.

I think JP has earned the right to see this through. Shearer as a player was good, as a manager he is a tv pundit FFS.

JP is coming over as a professional with a common sense grasp of the game. This is the best football we have seen for years. If there is money available give it to JP not Shearer.

Agree.

Agree 110.... no... 200%. I was a little upset that Pearson was not retained, but after what I have seen in pre-season and in the first league games I would be outraged if JP was not given the opportunity to see his revolution through. Quite simply I have never seen us play such good footbal and seems that today we finally turned it into a result. We can only get better.

I just played some poker with a few Southampton boys, one of whom is close friends with the son of Fulthorpe. He told me the deal is dead.

I know this is just "hearsay", so take it for what it's worth. (Wow, does this make me ITK?)

This is a seriously weird thread , we normally spend most of our time worrying about not being taken over - but now it seems the exact opposite is a cause for concern ! If any mega rich lunatic were to come alone with an idea of losing his fortune on SFC we'd have to welcome him , believe me from a financial point of view we're hardly in a position to do anything else .

In the meantime I shouldn't waste time fretting over the so called 'Fulthorpe bid' - this just seems to be another bunch of pot-less tire kickers trying to use other peoples money .

I don't want any more destabilising to happen in my club right now. The whole club is pulling forward with one aim, one goal and the signs are there that IT WILL WORK.

Fulthorpe, if you are reading this. You are not welcome if it means the first team is altered. Leave Jan well alone.

You are deluding yourself if you believe that the club is united. The club is more divided than at any time in its history. Lowe is responsible for more upheaval and destabilisation than anybody, with Wilde doing his level best to gain some notoriety too.

And it is far too early to read any signs and make a reasoned judgement.

You've obviously got selective memory loss, as I seem to recall a large proportion of the fan base saying that they were happy with Pearson and that Lowe would be a mug if he disposed of his services. :rolleyes:

That fell on deaf ears when Lowe took over didn't it? Why should anybody else who takes us over not take a leaf out of Lowe's book and do the same?

You are deluding yourself if you believe that the club is united. The club is more divided than at any time in its history. Lowe is responsible for more upheaval and destabilisation than anybody, with Wilde doing his level best to gain some notoriety too.

and you know that how?

because a few people have been laid off?

I know that many share holders who could not wait to et lowe out voted him back in....

does not sound like an un-united club to me..

or are you talking about lowe-crouch/lawirie mac?

where and on what do you actually base such a statement on???

"You've obviously got selective memory loss, as I seem to recall a large proportion of the fan base saying that they were happy with Pearson and that Lowe would be a mug if he disposed of his services. :rolleyes:"

fans change their minds...why roll the eyes...many fans were happy when arry was appointed, when burley was appointed...

we move on and get on with it....

jeeez

You are deluding yourself if you believe that the club is united. The club is more divided than at any time in its history.

A string of results will help erase any divisions, IF, they exist.

Lowe is making unpopular but necessary financial decisions off the field, his initial unpopular decision on the field re management has seen many change their opinion and long may that continue.

and you know that how?

because a few people have been laid off?

I know that many share holders who could not wait to et lowe out voted him back in....

does not sound like an un-united club to me..

or are you talking about lowe-crouch/lawirie mac?

where and on what do you actually base such a statement on???

You only need to read the thread subjects on this forum as a for instance on this. If you believe that there is unity at the club, then join the ranks of the deluded if you want.

I would welcome a takeover, but really don't want Shearer in charge in any event. As soon as Keegan gets the push at Newcastle all the stories linking Shearer to Newcastle will start and we will be ****ed up again, even if he does not take it. If Fulthorpe comes in he should see what JP is doing with no funds, and give him the chance to take it further WITH funds. Apart from that the sooner we can be rid of Lowe and Wilde the better, as long as we have proper funding.

This thread just shows how fickle fans can be!! One result and everything is rosy in the Saints garden. I can't believe some of the tripe I'm reading.

Let's give it a couple of months before we call our judgements on the "total football" revolution shall we!!

It's only one result against a team who haven't won in 35 attempts, we are not Brazil (or Holland) by a long shot I'm sure!!

Any money invested in the club is welcome by me, and if that means Shearer being involved in some capacity, bring it on (not that I think it will happen).

oh, i see you have an accurate source...:rolleyes:

What is it that you do not comprehend? You ask for evidence that there is disunity in the fan base, I point to the disunity on the most subscribed to Saints fan forum as evidence. You can also take the decline of bums on seats and fall in ST numbers as further suggestive evidence that not everybody is united, but no doubt that you will dismiss that too.

Let's put it around the other way. YOU point to all the evidence you have in your armoury that everybody is united as one.

You are deluding yourself if you believe that the club is united. The club is more divided than at any time in its history./QUOTE]

What is it that you do not comprehend? You ask for evidence that there is disunity in the fan base, I point to the disunity on the most subscribed to Saints fan forum as evidence. You can also take the decline of bums on seats and fall in ST numbers as further suggestive evidence that not everybody is united, but no doubt that you will dismiss that too.

IMO the club is united - the players, management & board that are currently in situ appear to be pulling in the same direction at the moment.

The fans are, however, not united, are are unlikely to be until Lowe, Wilde & Crouch all disappear, never to return to SMS.

You are deluding yourself if you believe that the club is united. The club is more divided than at any time in its history./QUOTE]

IMO the club is united - the players, management & board that are currently in situ appear to be pulling in the same direction at the moment.

The fans are, however, not united, are are unlikely to be until Lowe, Wilde & Crouch all disappear, never to return to SMS.

Depends how you define the Club, Gorgie. Agreed that the board, players and managers are united to a major extent. But regarding the players, technically you'd have to include those players like Scacel, Rasiak, John, etc, where that argument might not hold water. Ditto, the board might be united, but the shareholders most certainly aren't.

And what part of the club are the fans? I'd have said that we were a major part and integral to the onward success of the club. And yet as you say we aren't united at all yet whilst those charlatans remain.

Edited by Wes Tender

If we win 2 or 3 games in the next couple of weeks the crowd will return.....football fans are fickle and IMO most are just holding onto their cash until they have proof the team are not going to get slaughtered - only a few are boycotting because of Lowe.

I was really impressed with the team against Birmingham and I honestly believe if we can get a result against Blackpool and QPR we will be flying as these lads just need belief and confidence as they have the ability.

Nothing at all to suggest Fulthope is anything more than any of the other numerous tyre kickers.

Nonsense. Anyone who knows the score is aware that Fulthorpe has put significant amounts of his own energy and cash into putting together a potential consortium.

Without doubt there is 'disunity' amongst the fans on the issue of Rupert Lowe but currently there does not appear to be any disunity in the management of the club.

What would create disunity would be if a hostile bid were launched by Fulthorpe or anyone else, trying to build a block of shares by buying out other shareholders. Currently, Lowe and Wilde control enough shares to have control of the club and it would take a lot of share movement to change that position. The EGM route would then be needed to oust the current board. But we have been here before.

It must be hoped that if lessons have been learned from the last two years, that any 'investment' is in the form of money into the club, not just money paid to buy shares, and that it needs to be with the agreement of Lowe and Wilde.

Yep, Mr Fullthorpe, please scrap your plans of investing money in our club even though its broke and could be in administration in 3 months time, just because we beat the team with the worse run of form in the league by one goal...:rolleyes:

You only need to read the thread subjects on this forum as a for instance on this. If you believe that there is unity at the club, then join the ranks of the deluded if you want.

Have you ever read ANY fans forum and seen unity!!!?? I would not construe much from cyber-ramblings.

Without doubt there is 'disunity' amongst the fans on the issue of Rupert Lowe but currently there does not appear to be any disunity in the management of the club.

What would create disunity would be if a hostile bid were launched by Fulthorpe or anyone else, trying to build a block of shares by buying out other shareholders. Currently, Lowe and Wilde control enough shares to have control of the club and it would take a lot of share movement to change that position. The EGM route would then be needed to oust the current board. But we have been here before.

It must be hoped that if lessons have been learned from the last two years, that any 'investment' is in the form of money into the club, not just money paid to buy shares, and that it needs to be with the agreement of Lowe and Wilde.

I get the impression that the right bid from the right investor would be welcomed by Lowe and Wilde. The club is screaming out for investment to clear its historic debts. AC on the solent forum indicated this quite openly. Without investment administration could happen anytime over the next 18mths. Edited by Delmary

Yep, Mr Fullthorpe, please scrap your plans of investing money in our club even though its broke and could be in administration in 3 months time, just because we beat the team with the worse run of form in the league by one goal...:rolleyes:

Constructive comment as always Alpine. However, if you read what I wrote, rather than just jumping on the negativity express, you'll have seen I'd welcome anyone's cash - I am merely saying, "think twice before replacing the coach".

Shearer, in my opinion, would be like Nigel Pearson without the passion.

Shearer would only come if there was a shed load of money to spend so in that respect you would have to welcome it.

JP and co seem to be doing a good job but without investment there wll always be a ceiling to what we can achieve.

That is a very fair point.

Proper investment should not be shunned. It would need a three year plan with money to back it up. Otherwise I would prefer the route Lowe is taking.

Shearer would only come if there was a shed load of money to spend so in that respect you would have to welcome it.

JP and co seem to be doing a good job but without investment there wll always be a ceiling to what we can achieve.

Would you trust Shearer, in his first ever managerial role to spend it wisely though? Knowing our luck he would be like a kid in a sweet shop and spend his left right and centre on all sorts of rubbish, and we would be left with a bloated squad of journey-men and sicknotes again.

Have you ever read ANY fans forum and seen unity!!!?? I would not construe much from cyber-ramblings.

It depends how you define unity. It is not the same as a difference of opinion. Any fans' forum where there were no disagreements when it came to opinion would indeed be a very boring place to be. Anyway, on most football fans' forums, it is probably pretty rare that much time is spent arguing about the board and most concentrate their debates on the manager, the players, who they should buy and who to sell, in other words, footballing matters.

For a start, there are not many in our position where we are a PLC with shareholders running us with such a small majority of shares giving them power. The potential for EGMs amongst the various egos involved and the disunity that has caused marks us out as a special case.

As I say, there have been polls on here showing that most want all of these charlatans to go and there are also deep factional splits favouring one group of shareholders over another. The current incumbents are an alliance of two of the most unpopular people there could possibly be on the basis of their past association with the club. So any assertions that the club is united are without any foundation. We fans can have an opinion and express it, but ultimately we will also have to grin and bear it if we don't like what transpires, or else boycott the club. Wouldn't it be ironic if those who didn't give Pearson a chance, insist that JP should be given a chance and throw their toys out of the pram if Shearer is appointed?

Any conjecture about the job that Shearer might do is completely groundless. Nobody knows any more about that than they did about JP before he came here. Most were prepared to give JP a chance, even though there may have been grave doubts. People are entitled to have grave doubts about Shearer's ability to manage us also, but he should be accorded the same chance that JP had if it comes to pass.

That is a very fair point.

Proper investment should not be shunned. It would need a three year plan with money to back it up. Otherwise I would prefer the route Lowe is taking.

Well said Weston and investment would enable us to develop this structure further and allow JP to keep other young players like Andrew Davies as well. Moreover, we'd be able to sell the young players for proper money without the bank breathing down on us and buy other young prospects from the CCC and League 1. The academy is not cheap to run and we need more money to keep it going strong with the right leadership. We've been down the road with Wilde of just buying shares so the investment would have to be significant.

The football bubble is finally bursting as the economy falters - Newcastle couldn't fill SJP yesterday even with free tickets to schools, Plymouth were sub-10,000 despite Swansea taking a good travelling support and there weren't many 20,000+ gates in the CCC yesterday. Good news for Capello perhaps - clubs will have to give bright younger players a run.

Would you trust Shearer, in his first ever managerial role to spend it wisely though? Knowing our luck he would be like a kid in a sweet shop and spend his left right and centre on all sorts of rubbish, and we would be left with a bloated squad of journey-men and sicknotes again.

If you didn't trust Shearer to spend the money wisely, what could you do about it? What grounds do you have for believing that he could not spend the money wisely? Does he have a reputation of profligacy with his own money? Is there anything to suggest that he is a bad judge of character, does not know what makes a decent footballer and what is a decent amount to pay or him?

I think the whole thing has been planned all along anyway. Fulthorpe and Shearer will be here once the clear out has been completed. The pause in the takeover is possibly a delay to secure more finances along with the consortium.

One win is good and promising - but against a disorganised and poor Derby team nothing to be getting too excited about. Any decent team with discipline and muscle will beat our kids I'm afraid.

What's more this win will not bring back the fans in droves either... Lowe's presence unfortunately IS having a negative effect on the fan base. WHEN he goes people's optimism will return faster than a scrappy victory over a poor Derby side. That is when the fans will return. So, I think Lowe is doing the dirty job of culling the club post Burley of the big wage earners and buying time for the consortium to finalise more investment prior to Lowe and probably Wilde's removal.

I also think JP will stay under Shearer as 1st team coach.

We must not get carried away with a win over a poor side like Derby who are clearly having problems of their own at present and what's more to suggest we shouldnt accept a takeover of this club with a potentially decent manager like Shearer as well as financial backing that will take the Club upwards is barking in my mind.

Takeover please. AND FAST. Lack of confidence in Lowe from the supporting - fickle - majority who are staying away is the key indicator of the failure of Lowe's reemergence... well that and the simple fact that even if this plan starts to work Lowe will have to sell the better kids to finance another year of plc survival.

So, forget this daft notion that Lowe has got it right because we win one game against a poor side. The facts are clear to me. This Club is going down or at best nowhere whilst Lowe presides over plc before Club. So, either Lowe is only her temporarily anyway and clearing out the deadwood until investment (takeover prefered) inevitably happens and Lowe is once more removed or we continue to slide.

We will be relegated this season if we allow Lowe to continue this experiment in plc survival.

WE MUST NOW TAKE THE FIRST TAKEOVER OPTION WE CAN - and Fulthorpe's consortium sounds very promising.

Goodbye Rupert.

I think the whole thing has been planned all along anyway. Fulthorpe and Shearer will be here once the clear out has been completed. The pause in the takeover is possibly a delay to secure more finances along with the consortium.

One win is good and promising - but against a disorganised and poor Derby team nothing to be getting too excited about. Any decent team with discipline and muscle will beat our kids I'm afraid.

What's more this win will not bring back the fans in droves either... Lowe's presence unfortunately IS having a negative effect on the fan base. WHEN he goes people's optimism will return faster than a scrappy victory over a poor Derby side. That is when the fans will return. So, I think Lowe is doing the dirty job of culling the club post Burley of the big wage earners and buying time for the consortium to finalise more investment prior to Lowe and probably Wilde's removal.

I also think JP will stay under Shearer as 1st team coach.

We must not get carried away with a win over a poor side like Derby who are clearly having problems of their own at present and what's more to suggest we shouldnt accept a takeover of this club with a potentially decent manager like Shearer as well as financial backing that will take the Club upwards is barking in my mind.

Takeover please. AND FAST. Lack of confidence in Lowe from the supporting - fickle - majority who are staying away is the key indicator of the failure of Lowe's reemergence... well that and the simple fact that even if this plan starts to work Lowe will have to sell the better kids to finance another year of plc survival.

So, forget this daft notion that Lowe has got it right because we win one game against a poor side. The facts are clear to me. This Club is going down or at best nowhere whilst Lowe presides over plc before Club. So, either Lowe is only her temporarily anyway and clearing out the deadwood until investment (takeover prefered) inevitably happens and Lowe is once more removed or we continue to slide.

We will be relegated this season if we allow Lowe to continue this experiment in plc survival.

WE MUST NOW TAKE THE FIRST TAKEOVER OPTION WE CAN - and Fulthorpe's consortium sounds very promising.

Goodbye Rupert.

Good post Saint Robbie, i fully agree.

Goodbye Rupert.

NO

We did that once before and it got us WHERE exactly?

We must now take the RIGHT takeover option.

And TBF to the new structure, there IS technically a position vacant IF we had money - DoF, which would be somewhere that Shearer could fit into as a replacement for our current "almost the same title" Director of Football - MW

I for one DON'T want to go back to the "old ways" of "Big name manager with hangers on" changing every time a big club comes calling

Otherwise I agree with the original post - use any PLANNED investment to improve the culture and squad that we are developing.

Can people stop quoting saintrobbie please? I put him on ignore to avoid reading such irritating, ridiculous drivel, yet the system seems to still show the quotes :-( no thread is safe

At least he only has 3 posts a day;)

A scrappy victory over a poor Derby side - they may have been poor & I wasn't there but having spoken to those that were, it was anything but scrappy.

SaintRobbie, a question for you - you indicate that winning & playing well with Lowe still at the helm won't bring the fans back, how long do you think it will take if the takeover happens & we get Shearer as manager for the fans to start wanting Fulthorpe & Shearer out because the quality of the football isn't good enough & we start to struggle?