Mick Channon in hospital following car crash

saintbletch

Maybe not so sensational after all...

Mick and Jack's injuries might not be too serious, but the Echo report says that the driver of the vehicle died...

That is something I read on this is Hampshire just now. The SSN bit was about MC and as much as I feel for the driver it was not the thrust of the story and sadly these things happen on our roads everyday. My initial concerns were allayed as we were told they were not life threatening injuries and so I was annoyed that my fears were raised about an old hero of mine, and that was not quite accurate how it was portrayed.

The driver of the car was killed - is that serious enough for you.

Before we all start getting as huffy as a Brides Convention, the confusion about the "serious" bit stemmed from Sky saying it was a "serious crash", which by all accounts it was. The posters on here are referring to the original post title which referred to Mick as being in a "serious condition", which was something of a "lost in translation" error I think. The title has been changed to reflect the condition of Mick and his son, but this does not take away from the seriousness of the crash which has left one man dead.

Thanks

Panny.

The driver of the car was killed - is that serious enough for you.
It is serious of course but as has been stated I was answering when we had been told that MC was not in a serious life threatening condition and his son was safe.

Only now do we know the other facts and SSN news had sensationalised the heading to gain attention. If it had been a car crash involving 2 Joe Soaps, it would not have been on SSN and you would not be making such comments.

Before we all start getting as huffy as a Brides Convention, the confusion about the "serious" bit stemmed from Sky saying it was a "serious crash", which by all accounts it was. The posters on here are referring to the original post title which referred to Mick as being in a "serious condition", which was something of a "lost in translation" error I think. The title has been changed to reflect the condition of Mick and his son, but this does not take away from the seriousness of the crash which has left one man dead.

Thanks

Panny.

I've never been to a Brides Convention - how huffy do they get...??? ;)

It is serious of course but as has been stated I was answering when we had been told that MC was not in a serious life threatening condition and his son was safe.

Only now do we know the other facts and SSN news had sensationalised the heading to gain attention. If it had been a car crash involving 2 Joe Soaps, it would not have been on SSN and you would not be making such comments.

Sad, but true. Ultimately in this high tech multimedia world that we now live in, getting the 'scoop' first is the ultimate aim for most journos. The fact that much 'detail' will be lost in translation is neither here nor there. He who publishes first is King and damn the detail.

Sad, but true. Ultimately in this high tech multimedia world that we now live in, getting the 'scoop' first is the ultimate aim for most journos. The fact that much 'detail' will be lost in translation is neither here nor there. He who publishes first is King and damn the detail.

Exactly Mickey, and as for the sanctimonious replies to my comment...

Mick, you were my hero as a kid so get well soon mate. I would also like to send my condolences to the family of the dead man.

.....seconded

only one way for the team to celebrate a goal this week I reckon (mind Mick will probably be watching the racing rather than the football)

Hope the boys do Racehorse proud on Saturday - a suitable goal celebration would perhaps do the trick. Mick will need cheering up, 3 good mates gone recently with today's news, Tim Corby and Bally and Ossie as well.

For those of us who are a bit older, Mick (and maybe Ron) are our true heroes, no offence to MLT, but I was a bit old for heroes when he graced the footballing stage.

Get well soon buddy...