Lallana signs a new deal!

Big_Bald_Si

Good news. Pleased to hear that one of our rising stars has committed to us, then if there are offers for him, at least we have a strengthened bargaining hand. I expect he has clauses in the contract permitting him to leave under certain circumstances, but let's just be happy with the news at the moment.

Sorry to pee on the party but caution needs to be taken here.He has signed a 3 year contract, that will not make him immune to being sold if an offer comes in.Look at Berbatov or Kenwynne, all it does is secure a good price for him for the club if we get an offer him.

Sorry to pee on the party but caution needs to be taken here.He has signed a 3 year contract, that will not make him immune to being sold if an offer comes in.Look at Berbatov or Kenwynne, all it does is secure a good price for him for the club if we get an offer him.

Shows he wants to stay.

Great news!

Party woo!

I will have to beat you with my negativity stick :smt064

Get behind the positive bandwagon FFS :D

Same as any player at any club, then.

Great news still. Puts the club in the driving seat.

While this is unquestionably true, it's also the case that he could have kept on playing this season without signing a new contract at all, leaving him effectively a free agent in the summer.

I think this means that he definitely wants to stay here - and why wouldn't he? He's a first-team regular, he's obviously enjoying his football immensely (I could see that from the expression on his face at the end of Tuesday's match) and he's rapidly becoming a firm favourite with the fans.

Shows he wants to stay.

Great news!

Party woo!

I agree and am really happy he has signed.I just want people to realise it doesnt mean he will be here for 3 years definately.

I also hope that the club use their nous and make sure they encourage the kids to get agents that are sensible and wish to work with the club.They need to be of the opinion that the kids need to develop well before moving on to the big pay day. Therefore not upping sticks like Theo or more importantly like Crainie and Mills before they have established themselves in a team.

While this is unquestionably true, it's also the case that he could have kept on playing this season without signing a new contract at all, leaving him effectively a free agent in the summer.

I think this means that he definitely wants to stay here - and why wouldn't he? He's a first-team regular, he's obviously enjoying his football immensely (I could see that from the expression on his face at the end of Tuesday's match) and he's rapidly becoming a firm favourite with the fans.

Entirely true it is a massive bonuus but we do need to understand that it is not a guarentee in modern football.

I think he is a star in the making but only if he keeps his head down and doesnt let it go to his head.

Great news indeed, but have to agree with nick - contracts in this day and age mean absolutely zilch in term of keeping players at clubs. If offers come in they will be considered - simple business practice.

The only thing that will keep Adam at the club is Adam, lets hope that he is in the Le Tiss mould both in terms of ability and commitment to the club.

Great news indeed, but have to agree with nick - contracts in this day and age mean absolutely zilch in term of keeping players at clubs. If offers come in they will be considered - simple business practice.

The only thing that will keep Adam at the club is Adam, lets hope that he is in the Le Tiss mould both in terms of ability and commitment to the club.

The reality of the situation is that we are a Championship team, and he will be eventually a Premiership player.

The only way he, or any other of our best players will stay for the duration of their contract is if he get promoted in the next two seasons.

Simple as.

The reality of the situation is that we are a Championship team, and he will be eventually a Premiership player.

The only way he, or any other of our best players will stay for the duration of their contract is if he get promoted in the next two seasons.

Simple as.

Perhaps, maybe, could be, who knows - other than Adam?

Given that the alternative was that he did not sign a contract and the hawks would then be on here questioning his commitment and that he 'wants away' etc I think the down sides to him signing a new contract are so much smaller than the downsides of him not signing a new contract that it would childish not to greet it as good news.

I agree and am really happy he has signed.I just want people to realise it doesnt mean he will be here for 3 years definately.

I also hope that the club use their nous and make sure they encourage the kids to get agents that are sensible and wish to work with the club.They need to be of the opinion that the kids need to develop well before moving on to the big pay day. Therefore not upping sticks like Theo or more importantly like Crainie and Mills before they have established themselves in a team.

Even if he leaves in the summer as he could have done if he hadn't signed a new contract then we now get a good bit of much needed cash. The problem is never players leaving but them leaving for too little money to get proper replacements.

Even if he leaves in the summer as he could have done if he hadn't signed a new contract then we now get a good bit of much needed cash. The problem is never players leaving but them leaving for too little money to get proper replacements.

This is possibly the worst sentence I've ever read

Given that the alternative was that he did not sign a contract and the hawks would then be on here questioning his commitment and that he 'wants away' etc I think the down sides to him signing a new contract are so much smaller than the downsides of him not signing a new contract that it would childish not to greet it as good news.

Precisely.

Good news. Maybe not the goodest. But gooder than bad.

There's no downside to him signing a new contract. HTH.

This is possibly the worst sentence I've ever read

Why? Do you really still believe players will stay at Saints forever if they can play at a higher level. Its not something I like in anyway but it is the truth. It would have been disastrous if a player like Llalana would have walked out of here for a tribunal fee, now at least we will get a decent fee for him next summer or perhaps the summer after that. Maybe he'll sign on for another few years after that, but at least we'll have the chance to see him in a Saints shirt for a few years and maybe get some hard needed cash. We can delude ourselves in thinking we can keep this team together forever but that is just not going to happen, we just have to make sure that if we sell a player like for instance Llalana or Scheiderlin we have the replacement lined up in either the academy or in some scouting report.