Saints 4-1 Gillingham - Post Match W00Ting

Arizona

great result....

very happy today, just need to follow it up and beat southend...

one thing..seems I was very wrong about lallana playing off lambert in the middle of the park...he seems to be great

I wonder what team will be put out on tuesday..we sould beat them, we have to beat them to keep the winning going into friday night..

Slowly, slowly - let's not relish it all at once, eek it out - enjoy....!!!

DAMN GOOD POINT THOUGH..!

It is a good point - it shows we'll be mid-table at least if we continue as we are, which is frankly half a table higher than if we'd kept that prat Wotte and Mr Lowe..

possitive points will be a HUGE lift for the players and us fans! maybe the players can now play with a little less pressure. Pards targetted poss points by the end of Sept so only a few days behind shedule not bad! Now it`s time to push for being out of relegation place, would like to know when Pards is targetting that???? In my view we should set a target of end of Nov for that then mid table by end of Feb!

If it hadn'e been for the 10 points deduction, we would be 12th tonight!

COYR

15th, no?

Either way, given what happened in the summer I reckon that's a reasonable start to the season. I can only see us getting better from here.

Gotta say, the Lallana, Papa and Lambo combination REALLY worked today. Got to also say, Lambo almost had a 2nd with a sublime free-kick from about 30 yds out which was dipping under the bar - their keeper pulled off a superb save to be fair. James was the only player (in the 1st half) that was not performing, but again he was being set-out for attention as most of their attacks went down their left. If only he would put his foot in where it hurts - he missed the ball several times.

Overall though an excellent, excellent TEAM performance that showed real class at times. Tactics spot on by Pardew. Onwards and upwards hopefully, but today we knocked over one target. Pushing out of the relegation zone is the next and we've got some teams coming up that will present a great opportunity for us to do just that.

PS: A load of praise to the Northam crowd today - kept the songs going most of the game.

Waigo provided the width on the right all four goals were created because we were able to spread the defenders and make room. Mellis had a good spell for about 15 mins before half time, Wotton was solid but it would be nice to see how much better we could be if Holmes was wide left.

Lallana took his goals well and looks like he could play off Lambert. Our left side is still a worry but the right side more than made up for it.