Corden vs Stewart

SuperMikey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10272333.stm

Comedian James Corden and Sir Patrick Stewart became involved in a bizarre on-stage spat at the Glamour Awards on Tuesday.

Sir Patrick criticised Corden - host of the event - for standing with his hands in his pockets, adding: "From where I was sitting, I could see your belly."

Corden responded: "You could see my belly. I can see you dying right now."

Where does Corden get off? As well as being an unfunny, untalented little tw*t, he then feels it necessary to slag off a national institution and one of the best actors who has ever lived. Put it this way, it's SIR Patrick Stewart and James Corden.

SPS =

Corden =

From those accounts on the BBC site it seems Corden has no respect for Sir Patrick. Seriously if Sir Patrick has admonished me like that I'd feel ashamed and I'm 28! Of course of would have made a joke or two as well but not along the lines of saying you should die!

That would be dying on stage, not physical death.

I'm not sure why Patrick Stewart should be revered anyway. Show me something where he's not acting exactly the same character as Jean Luc Picard and I might be impressed. Even in his comedy role in Extras he was basically JLP trying to do humour.

That said, Corden is an oaf too.

Actually, I take that back. I vaguely remember a 90s movie where he played an ex CIA agent with Altzheimer's, who was convinced that he was being targetted by someone. That was a good and different performance.

TBF, now i have seen it, it actually makes stewart look like a f*cking idiot ??

What was he trying to prove ? And to be fair, a pretty good retort from Corden.

That said, the bloke isn't funny, smithy was not funny, can you imagine an overweight 20 something your old walking into a pub and screaming GAAAAVVVVVLLLAAARR and not getting a kicking ?

People voted for Yoko Ono and Nicole Richie?

All of the comments exchanged in the Corden/Stewart tiff have the common trait of being devoid of humour. As, to my knowledge, Corden is the only one of the two employed in the field of 'comedy', Stewart has to be declared the winner by default.

Here is the whole clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNvyn0mBXY&feature=player_embedded#!

I have much more respect for Patrick Stewart as an actor than I do James Corden but I do wonder why he felt the need to have a go at him in the manner he did. Perhaps he has got to the grump old man age.

He was probably watching him all night thinking just how is it you have made it in to show business? It was obviously eating away at him so much that he felt the need to speak out and get it off his chest. I have to say it did seem to very rude though. I wonder if he regrets it now? Unless it was all an elaborate joke?

Must admit, I did post this thread up without watching the clip, and now I have watched it, Stewart just came across as trying to be funny but failing miserably. However, if Corden was a professional, he would've just laughed or something and let Stewart get on with presenting the award rather than try and spin it back on him. Notice Corden's reaction when a couple of 'glamorous' people (ie people devoid of rudimentary logic and intellect) are clapping him for his comeback. Laps it up like he's Jesus or something!

I'd like to see how far he can get in his career by flashing his belly every 2 minutes as well, fairly sure SPS relied on his talent rather than his morbid obesity, annoying catchphrases and high-pitched girly voice.

Double standards really isn't it. Perhaps Corden shouldn't stand with his hands in his pockets, as it is [apparently] a sign of being disrespectful. There are plenty of male royals who do the very same thing though. Nodoby admonishes them, do they..? No, they all bow and scrape, and that's about it. Perhaps Patrick Stewart said, on receiving his knighthood... err Maam, your offspring don't 'alf look disrespectful with their hands in their pockets, all the time. You can even see their bellies sometimes...

Agreed, Cordon seems an untalented bloke, in the sense that I can't honestly see why he is on TV, but that's my opinion. I also remember some of Patrick Stewart's performances in Films and TV before he became Captain Picard, and he certainly wasn't one the best actors of a [next..?] generation, then. Neither is he now. As I said, all my opinion, of course.

Love the way opinion has swung since people actually saw it and didn't rely on a 3rd parties write up....

I am famous for not making comment until I know all the facts......I just wish some others on here would think, inform and count to ten before posting.

Probably why I have befriended 7 people on here and none have tried to break friends since we made friends.

One of my friends (one of seven) on here is scooby - does he still post? I miss him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10272333.stm

Comedian James Corden and Sir Patrick Stewart became involved in a bizarre on-stage spat at the Glamour Awards on Tuesday.

Sir Patrick criticised Corden - host of the event - for standing with his hands in his pockets, adding: "From where I was sitting, I could see your belly."

Corden responded: "You could see my belly. I can see you dying right now."

Where does Corden get off? As well as being an unfunny, untalented little tw*t, he then feels it necessary to slag off a national institution and one of the best actors who has ever lived. Put it this way, it's SIR Patrick Stewart and James Corden.

SPS =

Corden =

Must admit, I did post this thread up without watching the clip, and now I have watched it, Stewart just came across as trying to be funny but failing miserably. However, if Corden was a professional, he would've just laughed or something and let Stewart get on with presenting the award rather than try and spin it back on him. Notice Corden's reaction when a couple of 'glamorous' people (ie people devoid of rudimentary logic and intellect) are clapping him for his comeback. Laps it up like he's Jesus or something!

I'd like to see how far he can get in his career by flashing his belly every 2 minutes as well, fairly sure SPS relied on his talent rather than his morbid obesity, annoying catchphrases and high-pitched girly voice.

I'm sorry supermikey.....I like you, I really do, but your thread opener followed by this other post that I have quoted must surely highlight your complete f*cking idiocy? You have made a complaint about something without having watched it first? I am completely stumped why you would do such a thing. From what I have seen of your posts, you're not the run of the mill SWF retard, but this has to be one of THE most stupidest things anyone has posted on here for a very long time. How can you complain about something that you haven't even seen? You've let yourself down and I am thoroughly disappointed in you.

I'm sorry supermikey.....I like you, I really do, but your thread opener followed by this other post that I have quoted must surely highlight your complete f*cking idiocy? You have made a complaint about something without having watched it first? I am completely stumped why you would do such a thing. From what I have seen of your posts, you're not the run of the mill SWF retard, but this has to be one of THE most stupidest things anyone has posted on here for a very long time. How can you complain about something that you haven't even seen? You've let yourself down and I am thoroughly disappointed in you.

I may email the club about about this...

FFS, give the guy a break, hundreds of other posters do this every other week on the post match thread...!

i haven't watched the clip & don't need to to realise that Corden is a mong. used to find him slightly annoying but after seeing him parade around at soccer aid with saggy chops as if he was some world class coach, i can't stand the lardy bastard. :mad:

Despite the fact that he said on camera, several times, that he knew f-all and had contributed nothing whatsoever?

I hate to defend him but fair's fair.

and you are a f8cking pea brained, tw*t.

He's right though. Stewart does have an over-inflated sense of self-worth.

Oh, and give the insults a rest, you haven't got the infraction points to spare.