Page 2196 of 2196 FirstFirst ... 11961696209621462186219421952196
Results 109,751 to 109,782 of 109782

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Quote Originally Posted by ooh it's a corner View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4C_lUy58Rw

Who's the leader of our club for all the world to see?
    P-O-M-P-E-Y, T-C-W-T-B
    The **** with the bell
    The **** with the bell....
    You sir, win the Internet.

2. Default

I have some advice for Eisner 'Let it go, let it go, let it go'

Are we going to see the Fratton End pluckily holding up signs that say it's his!

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    Are we going to see the Fratton End pluckily holding up signs that say it's his!
    No chance!

Punctuation in that toilet?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A quick google search suggests his net worth is exactly $1 billion - that works out at 810m

So a multi millonaire, yes. A billionaire, no.

And, for comparison, Katharina is worth $3 billion
    The wealth of ML was grossly undervalued / unreported at 3bn

From an impeccable source.

Blog Entries

On the train to Fratton... remind me to upload the pic from the train of the bloke in the Skate cap with the mouse ears later.

Hmm, I wonder who they're playing? ;-) Good luck and hope your record continues.

Blog Entries

Just get my last "3 wins in a row at Fratton" in...

Quote Originally Posted by The9 View Post
    On the train to Fratton... remind me to upload the pic from the train of the bloke in the Skate cap with the mouse ears later.
    Was it this ****

They're winning 2-0, and all the teams below them are slipping up at the moment. Promotion is looking like a certainty.

2-1 now. Come on Newport. You can do it!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's all Newport according to Steve Cotterill watching on Sky

TCWTB...

Mark Somerset‏ @mark11s 2m2 minutes ago

A new low for Westwood as he plays the ambulance tune for a guy clearly in some trouble #Pompey

A new low?
    That would be an achievement.

So if they get to Div 1 and with a billionaire owner they would be in a better position than we were on minus 10. They should get 3 successive promotions, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    So if they get to Div 1 and with a billionaire owner they would be in a better position than we were on minus 10. They should get 3 successive promotions, no problem.
    indeed. Quite how a less deserving club keep coming up roses is beyond me.

They're not in that great a position. They have a ricketty old stadium, no established academy like we had, and a bunch of journeymen.

6 points ahead of the play-off places now, surely not even Portsmouth could screw this up?

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    6 points ahead of the play-off places now, surely not even Portsmouth could screw this up?

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk
    let them go up in 3rd much better than them getting to the playoffs at Wembley.

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bpsaint View Post
    indeed. Quite how a less deserving club keep coming up roses is beyond me.
    They got away with it, they havent really had the medicine they really should have. If Eisner takes them on they have got another get out of jail card

Lighten up, it'll still be funny!
    They've been telling us for five years how they don't want to be involved in bigger games, they are happiest owning their own club with proper football in the lower divisions - the complete opposite to Mr Disney's plan.
    Then we'll have the discovery that the sheets of A4 were donations, the Trust will be split over the takeover, they'll try to retain power, all set against the backdrop of a midtable League One season of mediocre disappointment - it'll be hilarious.
    Meanwhile they'll be needing approx 10m to get into the Championship and 50m+ to sort out the ground.
    It'll be interesting to see the look on Mr Eisner's face when he gets into the detail of the current business - he needs very deep pockets linked to low expectations.
    Once again you look at the owner and wonder what is in it for him?

The last time I asked that question the answer proved to be money laundering and a dodgy property development.

23. Default

They've been telling us for five years how they don't want to be involved in bigger games, they are happiest owning their own club with proper football in the lower divisions - the complete opposite to Mr Disney's plan.
    Then we'll have the discovery that the sheets of A4 were donations, the Trust will be split over the takeover, they'll try to retain power, all set against the backdrop of a midtable League One season of mediocre disappointment - it'll be hilarious.
    Meanwhile they'll be needing approx 10m to get into the Championship and 50m+ to sort out the ground.
    It'll be interesting to see the look on Mr Eisner's face when he gets into the detail of the current business - he needs very deep pockets linked to low expectations.

The last time I asked that question the answer proved to be money laundering and a dodgy property development.
    Exactly. And they definitely won't want an identikit stadium as Fratton Park atmosphere is the stuff of legends. Just ask Henry.

This absolutely, the comedy goes on - who would have thought an unflushable turd could provide so much entertainment?

This thread has years to run yet :-)

Are they about to be taken over then?

We could have a thread about that.

26. Default

Even when they are owned lock, stock and barrell by yet another foreign businessman with no previous connection to the club you can absolutely guarantee they will find some way of describing themselves as [the biggest ever] fan-owned club.

27. Default

you forget that when they were in front of the High Court judge on of their former leaders wrote their business plan on the back of a fag packet. I suspect they will iron it out (unlike the sheet on their conference table) and put that under Eisners eyes

Mark Acheson‏ @markacheson

#England fans already singing We're On Our Way. Wonder where they got that from? #Pompey

Blog Entries

Just... why?

County probably worth a point yesterday in the end, but didn't get going until the hour. Skates looked anything but assured in the last 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Mark Acheson‏ @markacheson

#England fans already singing We're On Our Way. Wonder where they got that from? #Pompey

Do they seriously think they invented that song this season? ****ing muppets.

It's already written in cast iron stone as a Portsmyth. They invented that song, and no other facts are going to stop them from saying it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    It's already written in cast iron stone as a Portsmyth. They invented that song, and no other facts are going to stop them from saying it.
    I'm fairly sure I've got a video of Saints fans singing it at one of our European Away games from as little as 4 months ago (or 3 and a half months before Portsmouth invented it, if you like)... Which is not to suggest we invented it either, we definitely nicked it from someone else, and I first heard it in Israel.