Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I went for the new stadium option. Would love to see 15,000 empty seats every other week.

Floating in the middle of the Solent...

Few of things I'd never really noticed about Portsmouth before this weekend:

1) The railway station is on stilts above thick and dirty estuary mud, no wonder they thought they could build a new stadium there...

2) Having bought a round in All Bar One and eaten at Strada, I utterly understand why they think the club is worth £30m to the economy per match, I'm fairly sure I contributed about 25% of that weekend's revenue personally.

3) A cup of tea for a quid is great value, but they're not going to make any money doing daft crap like that.

Maybe if we all vote for a new stadium they'll be able to pay off 0.04% of it before their next meltdown

Well - it is a 100% factual PortsMyth that we got a free stadium when Markus bought us - so it seems only fair that they should get a free stadium too.

They are clearly preparing for another begging session.

The academy is to be funded by members rather than club income and they are looking for more donations.

They also admit that the business model is flawed for a higher level where investment is required.

I would suggest that the old problem of attracting outside finance but not giving anything away is a huge stumbling block to progress.

Fans can be conned into 'shares', consortiums won't be so easily fooled and their inevitable demands for control would leave the Trust toothless and irrelevant.

They look a bit landlocked and stuck up a financial cul-de-sac of their own making.

Harry Redknapp is on the verge of becoming Derby County's director of football.

John Percy@JPercyTelegraph 18m18 minutes ago

Breaking: Harry Redknapp is poised to become Director of Football at Derby. Talks ongoing. More to follow @TeleFootball #dcfc

In 2014 he said this of director's of football...

CdhgZhHW0AESSG0.jpg

He's also off to manage the Jordan National team "as a favour".

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/10206764/harry-redknapp-to-manage-jordan-as-well-as-help-derby-county

im quite sure Havant & Waterlooville would be able to handle any 'embarrassment' for when they groundshare. It's their only viable option tbh, if they did it at Eastleigh (unlikely anyway) it would be a policing nightmare. Brighton is too far, and there just isn't anywhere else for them to go.

Mind you, to accommodate the bajillions of skates who apparently turn up and contribute 3million to the local economy every game I suppose they could play on Southsea Common with jumpers for goalposts.... After all they managed to get 250,000 on there once apparently. I wonder when the penny dropped and they realised that their model of ownership won't work in the real world if they want to play higher than league two? Note: ownership not including the deluded who think they have shares currently

They didn't give two hoots about the community or moral obligations to support local businesses when they campaigned to get the Tesco plans through the door. £10m a game income apart, I wonder what businesses actually benefit from their existence in Fratton other than the Shepherds Crook, The Rutland, The Brewers Arms and the Milton Arms?

The nearby Lidl probably sells a few extra packets of peanuts and chocolate on match days. Southern and South Western Trains get a few extra day returns.

im quite sure Havant & Waterlooville would be able to handle any 'embarrassment' for when they groundshare. It's their only viable option tbh, if they did it at Eastleigh (unlikely anyway) it would be a policing nightmare. Brighton is too far, and there just isn't anywhere else for them to go.

Mind you, to accommodate the bajillions of skates who apparently turn up and contribute 3million to the local economy every game I suppose they could play on Southsea Common with jumpers for goalposts.... After all they managed to get 250,000 on there once apparently. I wonder when the penny dropped and they realised that their model of ownership won't work in the real world if they want to play higher than league two? Note: ownership not including the deluded who think they have shares currently

I see their fans are suggesting Brighton, Palace or Reading.

The fans of those clubs must be quaking in their boots at the thought of such a huge club (in division 4) embarrassing them. Imagine the humiliation! Oh the humanity!

They are clearly preparing for another begging session.

The academy is to be funded by members rather than club income and they are looking for more donations.

They also admit that the business model is flawed for a higher level where investment is required.

I would suggest that the old problem of attracting outside finance but not giving anything away is a huge stumbling block to progress.

Fans can be conned into 'shares', consortiums won't be so easily fooled and their inevitable demands for control would leave the Trust toothless and irrelevant.

They look a bit landlocked and stuck up a financial cul-de-sac of their own making.

Given previous experiences, I'm anticipating the fan response to this will be to threaten to attack Tesco repeatedly until they decide to leave - and definitely won't want their money back.

Is little Bournemouth too far for them to travel?

I'm sure the Dorset outfit would appreciate any help or business tips from the mighty portsmouth.

Ditto Brighton, currently languishing in the Championship promotion race, they would like some extra income as they vainly thrash about in the shadow of their massive Division Four neighbour.

They are clearly preparing for another begging session. The academy is to be funded by members rather than club income and they are looking for more donations.

I might be wrong, but I think the Skates currently have a Cat 3 academy. I read online somewhere that the costs to run academies are something along the lines of:

Cat1 £2-5m, Cat2 £1-2m, Cat3 £300-500k, Cat4 £200-300k.

How accurate that is I'm not sure, but it sounds about right. I also read that clubs get external funding based on their category: Cat1 £775k, Cat2 £480k, Cat3 £210k, Cat4 £100k. Which (if my maths is correct) means they would need to find between £90k and £290k a year to retain cat 3 status.

Not huge figures at the bottom end, just £6 each fan (based on 15k) per year, but if they want to make the step up to Cat 2 to match the status of their floodlights...

Not quite Napalm

Moneyfieldsclub.jpg

They even have a spare pitch ready for them

Moneyfieldsgoround.jpg

And how exactly is Moneyfields going to accommodate 30k (Portsmyth #356) of the bestest each match day?

I find the name a little ironic too.......

I'm sure they could rotate the pitch on the site, or something...

I might be wrong, but I think the Skates currently have a Cat 3 academy. I read online somewhere that the costs to run academies are something along the lines of:

Cat1 £2-5m, Cat2 £1-2m, Cat3 £300-500k, Cat4 £200-300k.

How accurate that is I'm not sure, but it sounds about right. I also read that clubs get external funding based on their category: Cat1 £775k, Cat2 £480k, Cat3 £210k, Cat4 £100k. Which (if my maths is correct) means they would need to find between £90k and £290k a year to retain cat 3 status.

Not huge figures at the bottom end, just £6 each fan (based on 15k) per year, but if they want to make the step up to Cat 2 to match the status of their floodlights...

If Newport can look at upgrading from Cat 4 to Cat 3 with 3000 Supporters' Trust members and no HNW ownership, I'm pretty sure the Skates with home crowds 7 times the size can afford to retain their status at Cat 3.

If Newport can look at upgrading from Cat 4 to Cat 3 with 3000 Supporters' Trust members and no HNW ownership, I'm pretty sure the Skates with home crowds 7 times the size can afford to retain their status at Cat 3.

Now then Skate.... Here I have some beans......

They've got it as their "medium term" target. This is because they know they won't get there quickly... but also that if they say it's a long term target, that would upset the deluded fans who think they should be playing in the champions league. They've got that covered separately by a founding principle (or whatever) that says they aspire to play at the highest level possible... or something like that.

Just come back from Dortmund (went for the Mainz game at the weekend)... 82,000 in the Westfalenstadion is nothing compared to 16,000 faithful blues singing their hearts out, I'm sure. Bloody small-time german club.

Or even 16,000 of them getting drowned out by 300 Newport fans. Who managed a "can we play you every week?" amongst other things.

'The History of Fish'

The Royal Society suffered a huge financial loss in the 17th century when it decided to publish Francis Willughby's lavishly illustrated but unpopular 'History of Fish'

The loss was so great that they were unable to finance publication of Isaac Newton's 'Principia' which proved to be one of the most scientific texts in history

Publication was underwritten, out of his own pocket, by astronomer Edmond Halley who was clerk of the Royal Society at the time.

Unfortunately, following publication, the Royal Society could no longer afford Halley's salary and he was paid off in unsold in unsold copies of 'The History of Fish'

Shades of what happened around 350 years later down the road with the 'Fishy Few' and 'History' !!

The Royal Society suffered a huge financial loss in the 17th century when it decided to publish Francis Willughby's lavishly illustrated but unpopular 'History of Fish'

The loss was so great that they were unable to finance publication of Isaac Newton's 'Principia' which proved to be one of the most important scientific texts in history

Publication was underwritten, out of his own pocket, by astronomer Edmond Halley who was clerk of the Royal Society at the time.

Unfortunately, following publication, the Royal Society could no longer afford Halley's salary and he was paid off in unsold of 'The History of Fish'

Shades of what happened around 350 years later down the road with the 'Fishy Few' and 'History' !!

This one sums them up perfectly

Dinlo / Dinny

Another gypsy word that translates as stupid or a person who is devoid of intellect.

Dinlo was used all over Southampton when i grew up (and still is now i guess) as was (and still is) Squinny. Basically they're busy making up myths again to make themselves look special.

A massive point away to the mighty Mansfield.

Some good results for the trams around them too. Shame Plymouth lost though.

Plymouths failings see the skates still only five points off the promotion place, but equally only three points ahead of Wycombe the side just outside the playoff places. Nicely poised.

Sounds like Paul Cook is having a funny five minutes wandering around the empty pitch at Mansfield on his own at this very moment....has ignored the waiting media and he's now exploring different corners of the empty stadium.

He's either gone a bit bonkers or had a massive dressing room punch up and is gathering his thoughts....watch this space.

So it seems that they have identified they have a "missing young supporter" problem. Who'd have thought it?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/what-next-for-the-pompey-trust-1-7284742

Honestly, the Trust still have involvement in how the club is run, honestly, honestly, I've seen it with my own eyes, honestly.

It's not just a few individuals running the show for the benefit of themselves, honestly, I know the inner workings of the club, honestly.

:mcinnes::lol:

They've got Plymouth and Wycombe to play in April and end the season against runaway leaders Northampton.

Even so, third place is definitely there for the taking.

Annoying isn't it, 3rd place could have been out of reach by now but those dirty fish ****ers are still in with a shout.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})