Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

No no wait, it's just been bettered by this absolute gem

"If you really think about the current PL season, this should have been the trophy dodgers big big chance, but they blew it.

All of the big teams underperforming, with spurs doing a bit better than normal, and Leicester of course having a right go with spirit and dynamism. This PL season has almost been a tipping point with so many 'big' players just not showing up, it's almost as if they have got so much money, and such a glamorous lifestyle, that they are looking down at all the 'lesser teams' who are financially so far behind, that many of their players feel that all they have to do is turn up to pick up all 3 points.

It's almost as if complacency has become the great leveller, but sadly for the dodgers they sold so many of their assets through sheer greed that the very season when they had a great chance they are playing catch up again after rebuilding yet another team.

If they had only turned up in greater numbers at St Charity's the management could have been thinking about expanding their stadium.

Oh well, rebuild again next year, Koeman will probably be off, and West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool etc will all be in much bigger stadiums. They are getting left behind, and they know it."

[emoji38]

"If you really think about the current PL season, this should have been the trophy dodgers big big chance, but they blew it.

All of the big teams underperforming, with spurs doing a bit better than normal, and Leicester of course having a right go with spirit and dynamism. This PL season has almost been a tipping point with so many 'big' players just not showing up, it's almost as if they have got so much money, and such a glamorous lifestyle, that they are looking down at all the 'lesser teams' who are financially so far behind, that many of their players feel that all they have to do is turn up to pick up all 3 points.

It's almost as if complacency has become the great leveller, but sadly for the dodgers they sold so many of their assets through sheer greed that the very season when they had a great chance they are playing catch up again after rebuilding yet another team.

If they had only turned up in greater numbers at St Charity's the management could have been thinking about expanding their stadium.

Oh well, rebuild again next year, Koeman will probably be off, and West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool etc will all be in much bigger stadiums. They are getting left behind, and they know it."

:lol:

I guess it helps the poor plucky little skate get over yet another poor show in Division 4. It must despearately hurt despite massively outspending their rivals to find themselves floundering outside the playoffs.

He had probably never heard of p*money before they started spending money they didn't have to get to the Premier League, cheat their way to cup finals and European football :lol:

Now they're back to being in the lower leagues where they've been for most of the past half a century they're moaning about their "misfortune", someone remind them of the £150m debt they had wiped out :lol:

T

:lol:

I guess it helps the poor plucky little skate get over yet another poor show in Division 4. It must despearately hurt despite massively outspending their rivals to find themselves floundering outside the playoffs.

He had probably never heard of p*money before they started spending money they didn't have to get to the Premier League, cheat their way to cup finals and European football :lol:

Now they're back to being in the lower leagues where they've been for most of the past half a century they're moaning about their "misfortune", someone remind them of the £150m debt they had wiped out :lol:

..The Skates are floundering....

Made me smile

What would they know about the PL? I mean its not like they are playing there week in week (and highly unlikely that will change) out is it.

If you check their forum one poster suggests the high agent fees is sign of wrongdoing from the board, to which others reply that other clubs are more suspicious because they're "keeping the figures off the books". No, they just haven't paid that much to agents...it's league 2, i'd imagine a lot of players represent themselves.

they have spent more on agents because they have signed quite a lot of players over the last 24 months and some of them may have required their agent to be paid a fee directly (not out of their pocket) to join. Jake Jervis, Ryan Taylor, Nicky Shorey, Wes Fogden, Ben Chorley, Danny Hollands, Paul Jones, Craig Westcarr, Nigel Atangana, James Dunne, Michael Poke, Paul Robinson, Peter Brezovan, Matt Tubbs, Kyle Bennett, Kal Naismith, Enda Stevens, Gary Roberts, Adam Barton, Adam McGurk, Christian Burgess,Michael Doyle, Ben Tollitt, Gareth Evans and Romuald Boco have all signed since January 2014.

Well that's one league they are well and truly top of. And the amount paid is the bestest and most massive of them all. No question.

Trophy dodgers ? pshaw - Did we dodge the Johnstones paint trophy? No we did not.

Something they ridiculed endlessly at the time and now something that one day they may aspire to , but not for a couple of seasons with the wind behind them.

I'm very very grateful they 'sent the scummers down' - without that we wouldn't have been graced with the presence of the Leibherrs and had the best few years of football I have been lucky enough to witness.

So he is basically saying "We may have c*cked up league 4 again, but it could be worse; we could be f ing scummas missing out on the reaching the champions league."

Good argument.

Lol

We're getting so left behind. Here we are sat in 6th in the Premier League above the like of Liverpool and Chelsea. About to play the defending Champions at home who we've already beaten away. While they, the Top Division Dodgers/Promotion Dodgers/Tax Dodgers/Charity Dodgers, are facing yet another season in the 4th division and today take on the mighty Cambridge United in their decrepit stadium.

Soooooo #jealous 15659f8227c53efd2fadf80ab731ede4.jpg

I'm sure they all remember where abouts on the terraces they stood when they won those oh so relevant league titles in the late 40's and I'm sure they all joined in the street parties of that oh so modern day cup winning balmy day in 1939. Makes you a huge club if you've won stuff 70 + years ago, just ask those eternal trophy winners Bury, or even Old Etonians. Massive clubs.

Over on POL they are having a go at Premier League clubs who don't pay Corporation Tax. You literally couldn't make it up :mcinnes:

To be fair to them, it wasn't the current club that play at Fratton Park that diddled c.£100m out of the tax man.

I'm sure the few celebrated our result last night.

Until it dawned on them that even Bournemouth are securing another year of being three divisions above them with the accompanying £100m+ TV money.

This was one of my favourite tweets from yesterday...

pompey_bournemouth.JPG

Interesting use of the word "won" rather than "stole"...

pompey_bournemouth.JPG

In 2010, we went to Wembley and won a trophy (and took 50,000 fans). They went twice that year and won nothing. And they still had cup final tickets on sale on the day itself.

Another Portsmyth debunked.

In 2010, we went to Wembley and won a trophy (and took 50,000 fans). They went twice that year and won nothing. And they still had cup final tickets on sale on the day itself.

Another Portsmyth debunked.

Don't need to play their game of comparisons. And as for 'owning the south coast' dear me.

FA cup final tickets for sale on the day - tis not true either.

pompey_bournemouth.JPG

I rather think Bournemouth won the Championship last year. Which even poopey fans should be able to work out is more recent than 2008!

That must be recent, because most of the time I lived in Southsea in the late 90's early noughties, Southsea had it's own town council and wasn't part of Portsmouth. I remember with delight when we were told we could drop the word Portsmouth from our addresses, Southsea being quite sufficient.