Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They really are in poor form. Love it.

Interesting debate on the red/blue border. I grew up living right on the border, the red path by my house divided SO31 and PO14. I was at Brookfield school from 98-03, the number of lads in my year that were Liverpool, United, London club fans soon became skate fans as soon as they got promoted. "I've always supported them", "they've always been my second team" etc etc Absolute nightmare when we got relegated as well, but you don't hear a peep these days and I don't think many of them go to FP regularly any more.

I'd say Warsash and Locks Heath was always more red than blue, they just had a few years of gathering armchair fans of other clubs. Some lads I go to games with live in Fareham/Stub, there are quite a few Saints round that way as well.

Edited by Jack

Haha, glad to see the re-run was enjoyed. :)

It is good to take a periodic look back at the criminal shenanigans those nasty little c*nts have got away with over the years. Their "History" is something that is very important to them. I use the word 'history' with an ironic smirk of course. As a club that is all of four years old - history is something they don't really have a lot of yet. But it is important to reflect on the sheer extent of the criminality and astounding levels of debt they were able to happily blow off over the years, in their 'divine right' to be "competitive". If we do not hold up the mirror of truth in the face of their deluded P*rtsmythery, then no-one will.

Who would have thought that getting in bed with loan sharks, the actual mafia, and people who kill children for a living, could lead to League Two?

I blame the FA.

:lol:

The FA played their part, of course, but let's not forget the way the FL conspired with them, to assure one of the spectacularly pluckiest downfalls in history. Everyone knows that conspiracy was FACT and went right to the very top of the Establishment, with those nasty HMRC bullies inventing massive debts that never even existed, just to stitch them up. Tis the stuff of P*rtsmythonian lore.

I wonder how that would look in A3?

Daft question, it would look bloody superb and you know it!

Perhaps Halo can upload/download link it so we can print off some high resolution copies for next Xmas (?).

Sadly it was made back in the days when I was still using an antiquated system with an old 1024x768 resolution monitor...

and was designed to fit my screen. So there is no higher res version available. What you have right there above, is the only one there is. :(

It might need some updating though. Champagne Iain :mcinnes: or Paul Cook and his 'lengthy' interviews for starters

I'm not sure I could produce something of the same quality again, as my old go-to editing software (the original Macromedia Fireworks) died with my old machine, and all I have to work with now is the GIMP programme. Still a decent bit of kit, but I could literally do anything with Fireworks, and I knew it like the back of my hand. Money is way too tight to afford to pay for a new Fireworks or Photoshop. And unlike some fishy c*nts I could mention - if I cannot afford something - I have the intelligence to understand that I just have to make do with what I have. ;)

However... the thought of knocking up a new one for next Christmas is certainly an intruiging idea. There are so many characters to choose from. Who would we retain from the current calendar for massiveness of overall impact, and who else has earned the immortalisation of their place in Saga History?

That's a blast from the past but call me a bitter ol' scuuummmmaaaaahhhh! I prefered my one

Haha, I never saw that one first time around, good effort. :lol:

To be fair to them, their own original piece was some nice artwork. The message behind it and the imagery may have been anal to the max - but the design and cutting was pretty flawless. There's a first. Never thought I'd see myself link the word 'flawless' with anything to do with p*mpey in the same sentence.

No longer joint top. :scared:

No no no no no, they are always joint top, my dear Munster. Just falling rapidly behind on "Points Difference". (Cheers for that one Rallyboy. Another classic!)

Can see the end of season headlines in my mind already:

"Plucky p*mpey's season ends in heartbreak as they finish Joint Top - but just fall short of the Top Half on Points Difference". :lol:

Some tasty scorelines from the Fourth Division today. Mighty Mansfield coming from behind to beat the footbaling powerhouse of Dagenham & Redbridge 3-2, Accrington are victorious at Oxford, and Bristol Rovers come from behind to take three points at home to mighty Morecambe. All of whom leapfrog the pluckiest on Points Difference.

Couple that with a Carlisle home victory, with Orient and the Wombles winning away - and that leaves our fishy fiends just three points off a slippery slide down to 12th.

Can hardly wait for the excitement of Tuesday night. :D

Interesting debate on the red/blue border. I grew up living right on the border, the red path by my house divided SO31 and PO14. I was at Brookfield school from 98-03, the number of lads in my year that were Liverpool, United, London club fans soon became skate fans as soon as they got promoted. "I've always supported them", "they've always been my second team" etc etc Absolute nightmare when we got relegated as well, but you don't hear a peep these days and I don't think many of them go to FP regularly any more.

I'd say Warsash and Locks Heath was always more red than blue, they just had a few years of gathering armchair fans of other clubs. Some lads I go to games with live in Fareham/Stub, there are quite a few Saints round that way as well.

This is reminding me of Top Gear when they were trying to find the source of the Nile. I went to Brookfield as well and it was definitely more Red than Blue, although lot of Liverpool fans in my era. The catchment of the 4 primary schools then was Park Gate, Locks Heath, Warsash and Sarisbury Green.

IMO Titchfield is the real divide. Locksheath and parkgate is saints, whilst catersfield,stub and fareham is more skate. Titchfield, not Titchfield Common, which seems to be a world to itself, has always been a real 50:50 split. Well that's over the last 40 years anyway.

Edited by Chez

Yeovil have had some amazing and famous results in their time, and are known as great cup fighters.

I bet todays point at home to the bestest south coastiest team in history is right up there. Especially as they faced an onslaught from 10 giants in the last few minutes against the backdrop of the 50,000 or so pompeyfaithfull who were backing them.

Edited by Badger

"Bloody awful afternoon out. I counted about 4 different fights/fracases in the Pompey end today, it's just so embarrassing, the amount of police attending games these days is crazy but seemingly justified."

Just a little something I found on 'thepompeychimes.net'. Seems that even their own fans think they're a bunch of ****s.

So... with 16 games still to play, the Skates face nine away matches, and they haven't won away from home in 2 months. Nearly all of their 7 remaining home games are against teams in the promotion race.

With just one win in their last 6 matches, I'm really starting to doubt that they'll stay the course.

NQUOTE=whelk;2309470]

FULL-TIME: #Pompey 10 @SotonWomensFC 2. #PUPL

Pompey are ladies and we are women?No ladies over there

If history is the main consideration with the majority of Pompey fans how many times have Saints Ladies won trophies compared to Pompey Ladies?

No comparison I suggest

The best fans in the world are at it again

Yet again today Pompey fans have been involved in trouble

It's happening too often at the moment the last two home games I have been have seen fans wondering around covered in blood before the game and ****wits hanging around fratton station looking for arriving away fans

I go to home games with the kids and am now having to keep an eye out for the halfwits intent of causing trouble in case it happens around us while with the kids walking to the game and home along Goldsmith Avenue

During our season in the championship I ended up having to watch a game via the Milton end this was shared with away fans via netting the Pompey fans sat next to me spent the whole first half throwing coins at the away fans , I spoke to the stewards at half time giving the seat number description etc They did naff all - ended up having to ask the three coin throwers myself to stop

We don't have a very good record of behaviour as fans incidents this season already with fans entering the field of play / abusing opposing players

Just concerned we ouselves and club are going backwards somewhat and soon fratton park will not be a place to take the kids

NQUOTE=whelk;2309470]

If history is the main consideration with the majority of Pompey fans how many times have Saints Ladies won trophies compared to Pompey Ladies?

No comparison I suggest

The stars on the Southampton ladies crest shows the number of FA cup wins. Don't see many on the skate hags crest.

However aren't they currently a couple of leagues above our ladies team?

Chance for the pluckiest to go 11th today if they lose away to Barnet and other results go against them. Barnet have only scored twice in 2016, so a chance for them to smash their form in their cup final against the giants.

What on earth were the police thinking, letting two massive games like this take place in North London at the same time.

It will be carnage.

Yeah, I'm suprised UEFA haven't stomped all over it, they don't like other matches distracting from their show-piece tournament.

NQUOTE=whelk;2309470]

No comparison I suggest

The Southampton Women's team are level on points with Solent Uni and Fleet Town, and below Chesham United, and three teams in their division have been deducted points for failing to get a team out, which should give you some idea of the level they're at.

They also have pretty much nothing to do with the club.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})