Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This one sums them up perfectly

Dinlo / Dinny

Another gypsy word that translates as stupid or a person who is devoid of intellect.

Now there's a word I'd never heard until I moved down South. Was popular with a friend of mine who lived near Horndean.

Re: accents. Generally Skates are more mockney, Sotonians have more of a worzel twang. There are exceptions. As for me, I sound like a well-spoken Tony Pulis, except when I say "car park", when I just sound like Tony Pulis. :D

Edited by The9

Now there's a word I'd never heard until I moved down South. Was popular with a friend of mine who lived near Horndean.

Re: accents. Generally Skates are more mockney, Sotonians have more of a worzel twang. There are exceptions. As for me, I sound like a well-spoken Tony Pulis, except when I say "car park", when I just sound like Tony Pulis. :D

I've never heard Tony Pulis say "b'there" to refer to "over there", tbf :smug:

Sotonians have more of a worzel twang. There are exceptions. As for me, I sound like a well-spoken Tony Pulis, except when I say "car park", when I just sound like Tony Pulis. :D

Ha! "car park" is always when I get found out too. Ive gradually developed a regionless classless accent having been in Sussex for 30 years but every time I say "car park" my friends crack up and out come the worzel jokes.

I used to have to drive around the sh!thole delivering milk many years ago. The standard of driving down there was p!ss poor at best. Even at 4 in the morning.

Best drop was a newsagents close to a nightclub and the seafront, the owner lived on Haylng Island and made no secret to me at least that he absolutely hated Portsmouth and the only reason he had a shop there was because he was raking loads of money in selling alcohol and smokes to alcoholics, drunk clubbers and anyone else who could make it through the door after three attempts. I regularly used to see the detritus of the night before staggering in to buy something at 530am. He used to short change them ridiculously and mouth 'w*nker' when their backs were turned. Pleasant man.....

I used to have to drive around the sh!thole delivering milk many years ago. The standard of driving down there was p!ss poor at best. Even at 4 in the morning.

Best drop was a newsagents close to a nightclub and the seafront, the owner lived on Haylng Island and made no secret to me at least that he absolutely hated Portsmouth and the only reason he had a shop there was because he was raking loads of money in selling alcohol and smokes to alcoholics, drunk clubbers and anyone else who could make it through the door after three attempts. I regularly used to see the detritus of the night before staggering in to buy something at 530am. He used to short change them ridiculously and mouth 'w*nker' when their backs were turned. Pleasant man.....

Was it Joanna's club? I went there once on stag do. We got stopped at the door with the question "what ship you off lads?"

Wasn't much of a guess, seeing as we've played football together and you know what I look like (though I was probably still ItWasAllYellow then)! :D

That was about 11-12 years ago! I barely recognise my only family if I haven't seen them for a few weeks.

Anyway, here's a video of the absolute bestest fans in the world leaving early again. And the local rag making villains of them.

So he'll be in charge of negotiating transfers and identifying players then.

If I were a Derby fan I'd be ****ting bricks. This has got financial oblivion written all over it.

And how is he going to commute from Bournemouth to Derby every day? We know how much he loves his sandbanks retreat and ****ing over Bournemouth.

If I were a Derby fan I'd be ****ting bricks. This has got financial oblivion written all over it.

And how is he going to commute from Bournemouth to Derby every day? We know how much he loves his sandbanks retreat and ****ing over Bournemouth.

I'd imagine he'd have agreed a deal so he can work from home a lot of the time. But given his excuse in the past he is terrible with technology, will he be able to keep in contact?

That was about 11-12 years ago! I barely recognise my only family if I haven't seen them for a few weeks.

Anyway, here's a video of the absolute bestest fans in the world leaving early again. And the local rag making villains of them.

True, I tend to remember people who were around when I'm scoring overhead kicks at Premier League grounds though. ;) Ha, well I know what you look like too. :scared:

Having the blessed good fortune to live in Derby and having heard the news, I tuned on BBC Radio Derby on the drive home to see if they were talking about it. They were.

Phone in with the chief exec, confirming it is a potential nine week deal where Saggy is a coaching mentor/consultant. Short term, no transfer involvement and just their to help out Darren Wassell either on the bench or at the training ground.

The guy kept talking about coaching and how Arry is going to help with coaching. Coaching. Redknapp. Coaching.

Good luck to em.

Edited by CB Fry

'Right then lads, we've got Dirty 'Arry in to teach you something special. Over to you 'Arry'

*twitch*

'Right lads, triffic *twitch* ball, net, net, ball *twitch* you're all gonna be *twitch* top, top players *twitch*'

(Drops ball to ground, tries to kick it and gammy knee gives way)

*twitch* triffic *twitch* obviously don't do that on match day unless I've been given an envelope *twitch* addressed to poor dear old *twitch* Rosy full of used orangey ones'

True, I tend to remember people who were around when I'm scoring overhead kicks at Premier League grounds though. ;) Ha, well I know what you look like too. :scared:

Overhead kick is a generous way to describe falling backwards ;)

Not a patch on my two screamers (into open goals).

There's apparently a DVD about somewhere from that game.

(I can't put a post something on here completely non nutjob related, so...skates! They're a bit s*** 'n that ain't they)

Summary of the Trust meeting appears to be, Fatpipes is falling down, shall we rebuild or relocate?

No great mention of funding.....I spy with my little eye something that begins with B, and ends with egging bowl....

Always good to see the creased table cloth getting an outing...

8900745f76846710d0b2b30f20e8100a.jpg

No, that's Hardy's kagool - he put it on this chair from HMS Victory when Nelson was bleeding out.

You can also see the shroud of Turin, Cleopatra's jugs, the original blue radiator off Apollo 9, and the projector screen that Churchill used on D-Day.

No, that's Hardy's kagool - he put it on this chair from HMS Victory when Nelson was bleeding out.

You can also see the shroud of Turin, Cleopatra's jugs, the original blue radiator off Apollo 9, and the projector screen that Churchill used on D-Day.

Cleopatra is reputed to have had nice jugs. I'm sure that Anthony must have appreciated them.

According to the Snooze they have discussed 3 options about the ground.

Do nothing

Knock it down and start again

Relocate

They seem to suggest they have a moral obligation to remain where they are as they are a community club and businesses in the area rely on them. Plus, there's nowhere available.

Do nothing is probably what they are hoping the fans agree to as, well, it's the cheapest.

Then there is redevelopment. They say they can fit a 30k seater stadium on the current site. Quite why they would need that size stadium is anyone's guess. They regularly didn't sell out in the PL.

I will spare you all the link to the article. The one sentence paragraphs are nauseating.

The club will aspire to play at the highest level of competition possible;

• The club will represent the City and the wider Pompey community with pride;

• Our supporters are the club. They will feel valued;

• The club will operate in an open and transparent way;

• The club will operate on sound financial principles;

• The club will be an active and integral member of the community;

• The Club believes in fair play on and off the pitch

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Overhead kick is a generous way to describe falling backwards ;)

Not a patch on my two screamers (into open goals).

There's apparently a DVD about somewhere from that game.

(I can't put a post something on here completely non nutjob related, so...skates! They're a bit s*** 'n that ain't they)

Not only do I have the DVD, I've uploaded about 3 clips from it to Facebook. You should all be glad that Facebook videos are an absolute ar5e-pain to embed here or you'd all be watching my amazing goal at Dean Court on endless loop.

Though there ARE still the goals from the Saints Forever v Pompey Online games at Moneyfields and Eastleigh doing the rounds... :D

Edited by The9

Good to see them acknowledging that the football club currently playing at Fratton Park is indeed a new club and nothing to do with the old club....

http://www.pompeytrust.com/attachments/articles/a20380_Pompey%20Supporters%20Trust%20Strategic%20Plan%202016-17.pdf

Honours:

Relegation from League One, 2012/13.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Round 2, possibly.

League Two Top Half 2013/14.

Not only do I have the DVD, I've uploaded about 3 clips from it to Facebook. You should all be glad that Facebook videos are an absolute ar5e-pain to embed here or you'd all be watching my amazing goal at Dean Court on endless loop.

Though there ARE still the goals from the Saints Forever v Pompey Online games at Moneyfields and Eastleigh doing the rounds... :D

I'm told they missed the first couple of goals (I made it 1-0) but if you'd like to send over my screamer in the 2nd half (and it was with my left), I'd be eternally grateful.

We are coming up to 3 years since Pompey fans won the battle to save our Club. In that time, we have paid off the legacy debt; posted a surplus and invested in both a training ground and the stadium. Hence, stability, off the pitch at least, has made a welcome return after a long absence. Therefore, it is now time to look at the longer-term aims of the Trust and for the Club.

Not at all a dig at anyone there

According to the Snooze they have discussed 3 options about the ground.

Do nothing

Knock it down and start again

Relocate

They seem to suggest they have a moral obligation to remain where they are as they are a community club and businesses in the area rely on them. Plus, there's nowhere available.

Do nothing is probably what they are hoping the fans agree to as, well, it's the cheapest.

Then there is redevelopment. They say they can fit a 30k seater stadium on the current site. Quite why they would need that size stadium is anyone's guess. They regularly didn't sell out in the PL.

I will spare you all the link to the article. The one sentence paragraphs are nauseating.

They have a poll about what to do to the ground.

http://renderer.qmerce.com/interaction/56e7f22e703e265d183bba1e

Let's vote3f17eb761208543393428679a772f382.jpg

Also, seems one of them sort of gets it

4ecebe63a29d9d152b5f3e31329bb3f7.jpg

Good to see them acknowledging that the football club currently playing at Fratton Park is indeed a new club and nothing to do with the old club....

http://www.pompeytrust.com/attachments/articles/a20380_Pompey%20Supporters%20Trust%20Strategic%20Plan%202016-17.pdf

So it's a 2016-2017 strategic plan that pretty much starts out with the goal of playing in the FL Championship... nope, can't see any problem there

The whole section on 'how do we get young fans to support the club' can be summed up in one sentence:

Ban TCWTB and all the morons who think it's still the '70's.

I actually have a bit of sympathy for them on this because the most vocal group they have at the moment are a bunch of knuckle dragging Neanderthals who couldn't give a sh*t about any other skate fans and threaten violence against anyone who does not comply with their rabid mouth frothing agenda.

The ideas on the stadium are laughable though.

The new investment model section is very interesting. Will fans be required to `invest' again or will they allow outside money or debt? The new floodlights will hopefully help shed some light onto "what the financial requirements of competitive operation at Championship level are and the best funding model and mix of equity/debt?"

They didn't give two hoots about the community or moral obligations to support local businesses when they campaigned to get the Tesco plans through the door. £10m a game income apart, I wonder what businesses actually benefit from their existence in Fratton other than the Shepherds Crook, The Rutland, The Brewers Arms and the Milton Arms? Edited by Chez

So to put it another way:

We can't move, we f*cked up by allowing the Tesco deal to landlock us, we've got no option other than to try and rebuild the kipper shed and hope we can fill it.

I think they should look more at the design Eastleigh are considering rather than silly ideas like 30k capacity grounds that they will never fill. Besides.... What's the point of building a bigger stadium if they can't get out of league two?

And apart from the pubs and Tesco there can't be many businesses that benefit from them being there. Kebab vans?

I'm told they missed the first couple of goals (I made it 1-0) but if you'd like to send over my screamer in the 2nd half (and it was with my left), I'd be eternally grateful.

I don't actually know where the DVD is at the moment... :o

The whole section on 'how do we get young fans to support the club' can be summed up in one sentence:

Ban TCWTB and all the morons who think it's still the '70's.

"Give up and accept they're going to follow Saints, Brighton or Eastleigh" would be my advice. I don't actually think banning neanderthals who think it's the 1970s would do anything other than cut their gates in half.