Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

Thankyou for saving our club in it's most desperate hour.

Thankyou for giving me the best season I can remember for many a year at Saints.

Thankyou for giving me the opportunity to take both my kids to see their team win a Wembley final.

I will always remember the look of joy on your face, and the sight of you taking your own photos at the JPT presentation.

With deepest condolences to your family.

RIP Marcus, and thankyou.

I am too stunned, saddened and numb in learning of the sudden death of Marcus Liebherr this evening. Marcus saved Southampton Football Club one year ago from total oblivion, it is something we all must never forget. We owe our very existence to this kindly, warm hearted and generous man.

RIP Marcus, we'll never forget you X

marcusliebherr.jpg

This is really sad news.

Markus Liebherr saved our club and we will be forever greatful for that, I wish that he could have had more years at the club to see his ambitions become reality.

Don't think it has really sunk in yet, I hope the whole club can pull together again.

RIP

A few hours on, reading the many comments made by our family on here and The Echo sites has brought me close to tears.

Such happiness on his face in that photo Art posted and such happiness on his face at the end of the JPT.

It is just such a shock that he will not be here with us to watch us on our journey. He brought us salvation but also pride and happiness again after so long.

For that one brief moment in the history of our club we were together. Now it is our job to make sure we remember what he has given back into our lives.

What a wonderful thing you did Marcus, may we as Supporters, players and officers of the club be worthy of the legacy you have left us.

For his family and friends, how lucky you were to have known a truly remarkable man and again, my condolences at your loss

I saw my team win a cup at Wembley, and he won't have known how happy that made me feel but I'll always be grateful.

Really strange feeling tonight. Had a tear in my eye reading the comments on here about a man I never knew or met.

I'm completely stunned, shocked - nothing could have happened tonight that would have surprised me more.

RIP Markus :( Thank you so much for all you have done to save this club - really can't thank you enough.

Condolences to his family.

Just when we were looking forward to some consistency too :(

What a terrible shame at such a relatively young age. His legacy is the respect and regard that the supporters have for him. Maybe it is now time to give the stadium a new name in his memory. Condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})