Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Interesting development in Radja Nainggolan story. I am told he is not a player #SaintsFC are after. Player using club to drive up price.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

I am told talk of Roma's Pablo Osvaldo to #SaintsFC is also untrue.

Good.

Could be the player backtracking on his original comments by order of The Don.

Ah, the famous 'horses head' trick, works again.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Interesting development in Radja Nainggolan story. I am told he is not a player #SaintsFC are after. Player using club to drive up price.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

I am told talk of Roma's Pablo Osvaldo to #SaintsFC is also untrue.

That´s a shame if true. Would´ve loved him at the club.

Where do you think Peach gets his info from? Sibley maybe?

For information which the club want out it's possible - the club would never make a song and dance about stuff like this but it might be helpful for somebody to put it out there. Otherwise, Sibley is far too media-savvy to leak things I would imagine.

Edited by DuncanRG

If true that we're not in for Osvaldo or Nainggolan, it leaves it quite quiet on the rumour front otherwise. Sure there are plenty of games being played at the moment.

Well, there was that quote about Cortese basically starting negotiations with "if this gets out, the deal is off", maybe that actually works in some cases and we are going to get a signing we didn't see coming?

Well, there was that quote about Cortese basically starting negotiations with "if this gets out, the deal is off", maybe that actually works in some cases and we are going to get a signing we didn't see coming?

Would be the first one in about three years if that is the case.

If true that we're not in for Osvaldo or Nainggolan, it leaves it quite quiet on the rumour front otherwise. Sure there are plenty of games being played at the moment.

I was thinking the same earlier and in particular, things are very quiet on wide players. Stoch a side (and I'm not sure how solid that link is), we have been linked with pratically no one.

I was thinking the same earlier and in particular' date=' things are very quiet on wide players. Stoch a side (and I'm not sure how solid that link is), we have been linked with pratically no one.[/quote'] Or we are/were in for those players, but wanted to put this out there to counter the suggestion we'd been knocked back by three targets. Agree, surprised we haven't been linked to more wide players, does seem Centre Midfield is our key priority at the moment which I don't think any of us would have predicted. (Caveat - yes, none of us know what is going on behind the scenes).

Ante Rebic for the Croatian U-20s looked handy against Uruguay yesterday has done well for RNK Split aswell at club level... HCDAJFU?

Humam Tariq also looked good againist England U20s yesterday.....

There's a couple of cracking young Croatian players. Even better is that they join the EU next week

There's a couple of cracking young Croatian players. Even better is that they join the EU next week

I have to say looking at there U20's team last night there style of play was leaps and bounds above Uruguay's

Definitely a nation on the rise in footballing terms

I have to say looking at there U20's team last night there style of play was leaps and bounds above Uruguay's

Definitely a nation on the rise in footballing terms

There's 2 or 3 that could have played but have been involved with the National team. Alan Halilovic is one that springs to mind

There's 2 or 3 that could have played but have been involved with the National team. Alan Halilovic is one that springs to mind

Not heard of him but at 17 years old to have made a debut for a team like Croatia is not to be shy'd away from

With all the hype regarding Wanyama, Nainggolan & Osvaldo, I wouldnt be suprised if Banega & Stoch were suddenly unveiled. FWIW I think Wanyama will sign but it could drag a bit like the Ramirez situation last year.

I still think a striker should be a priority I am a fan of both Lambert & J-Rod but if we are serious about a european place we need another proven goalscorer it is what let us down a little in our run in last year.

Cagliari's Astori is still available at $12M. The club has said to those circling over him to take it or leave it - that's from today's Corriero dello Sport calciomercato section. That sounds quite cheap myself for an Italian International CB. I would be happy if we got him. You should be buying proven quality with him. Still, i wonder who the mystery striker will be....

Cagliari's Astori is still available at $12M. The club has said to those circling over him to take it or leave it - that's from today's Corriero dello Sport calciomercato section. That sounds quite cheap myself for an Italian International CB. I would be happy if we got him. You should be buying proven quality with him. Still, i wonder who the mystery striker will be....

Think we are full up now with CBs, currently have at least 7 on our books including Martin and Stephens and with others who can play there at a push.

I'd be very surprised if we sold Fonte and Hooiveld. That would mean our four centre backs (or five if we brought Astori in) would have a total of 32 Premier League games behind them - all Yoshida. He would be virtually the only one who's had a kick of senior competitive football in England - Stephens has had a couple of games in League One and a sub appearance in the cup. It would mean a total upheaval of our defence and that's a dangerous thing to do, even if you have a preseason with them all together. Partnerships, experience and understanding are very important and Fonte and Hooiveld are a big part of ours at the moment, even if they won't be first choice next season.

Edited by DuncanRG

Martin, Seaborne, and possibly Fonte and Jos leaving, would leave us with Forren, Lovren, Yoshi and Stephens. I'd be happy enough for us to keep Fonte but wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Astori if we manage to find a home for Jos and Jose.

Fonte and Jos are very much part of the squad for next season

Well that suggestion would be if we brought in Astori....we're not going to want to keep Jos or Jose if we did bring him in (not that I think we will).

Need to get rid of Jos and Martin though IMO. (depending on how good Forren is)

I think I'm right saying Seaborne has already left ?!

Cant see us signing another CB TBH, not unless its a cheap youngster.

The areas we needed strengthening and that the club were actively looking at were CB, CM, Winger and striker with the possibility of other additions dependant on circumstance.

We have spent big at CB, we will spend big on CM and Striker at least. Cant see us dumping 12m on another CB tbh

Martin, Seaborne, and possibly Fonte and Jos leaving, would leave us with Forren, Lovren, Yoshi and Stephens. I'd be happy enough for us to keep Fonte but wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in Astori if we manage to find a home for Jos and Jose.

Put like that I'd certainly like to see Fonte stay.

Forren - we have yet to see him , I wonder if MP believes he is up to being let loose in the Prem at all

Stephens -probably not ready ?

Yoshida - personally I don't share the obsession with him, often error prone

So have to pin our hopes on Lovren.

Yohan Mollo

Window Cleaner know much about this chap? Although it is Talksport....

yep he was on loan at ST E for the second half of last season. Not bad, obviously there's no point in him returning to his parent club Nancy who've been relegated to League 2 (which is pretty crap). Thought he was talking to Olympiakos though. Nancy went back to training after the summer break today but Mollo was absent justly because of ongoing discussions but I doubt that Saints (other than StE pronounced saintay) were the club he's talking to. StE definitely want to think about having him permanently but they're a bit tight fisted so it may be just a backup option for him.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Windows...

Update on this Yaya Sanogo..going to Arsenal re advanced stage of talks..

Just to wind up Arsene Wenger..If he is any good that is lol:D

bof Auxerre aren't what they used to be because you can't get to the semis of the CL by paying your players in bottle tops and beer mats any more. He'll be out on loan somewhere or other before long. Wenger never misses a chance of a freebie youngster who just might come good, missing out on Morgan gnarks him constantly apparently. Wenger is prepared to sort through tons of sh*t to find a bent florin by all accounts. Problem comes when the players actually want to play.

bof Auxerre aren't what they used to be because you can't get to the semis of the CL by paying your players in bottle tops and beer mats any more. He'll be out on loan somewhere or other before long. Wenger never misses a chance of a freebie youngster who just might come good, missing out on Morgan gnarks him constantly apparently. Wenger is prepared to sort through tons of sh*t to find a bent florin by all accounts. Problem comes when the players actually want to play.

Yaya Sanogo

Just saw it on the screen a few minutes ago...

Never seen clips or even heard of him before......

Arsene must have many contacts around France....As you say he can cast a very big net and afford to keep a big group with some out on loan ..

Hoping for the one big fish...

Glad to see our boy, Morgan fullfilling his potential......We were always right mucker:p

Yaya Sanogo

Just saw it on the screen a few minutes ago...

Never seen clips or even heard of him before......

Arsene must have many contacts around France....As you say he can cast a very big net and afford to keep a big group with some out on loan ..

Hoping for the one big fish...

Glad to see our boy, Morgan fullfilling his potential......We were always right mucker:p

Sanogo is a D2 goleador with some serious injury history. He's out of contract at AJA and thinks he's ready for the big time...right as 15th choice striker behind Giroud,Higuain,Walcott..perhaps even Rooney and a lot of others at the Arse of course. He's just another greedy kiddy who thinks he's better than he actually is because the Arse never miss out on a freebie U21 international whos scored a few goals in some minor league or other. When all these lads think of Arsenal they should think of Jérémie Aladière

who's proved at Lorient this season that he's not a bad player when you understand his fragility and yet get him onto the pitch every week. Then again as the current French mentality is "if you're big and afro-french you must be a good footballer" Wenger will get fooled again. You'd think that after Gervinho and Chamakh he'd have learnt his lesson that scoring goals in French football is a piece of p*ss wouldn't you, especially in Ligue 2.

Edited by Window Cleaner

We did have Griffit (spelling) and Folly.......but Morgan more than makes up for that....

Just hope we get the right talent in without being ripped off.....

Trust in MO and Nic.....hopefully:)

and what did they tell us about Folly...the next Viera ...yeah right, this is the trouble with french football, it has become stereotyped to France 1998, you have to have the next Viera, the next Zidane, the next Thuram rather than players who are who they are.

Window cleaner clearly watches alot of French football...... Will add him to my R.E.S.P.E.C.T list

He is known in France as, Windows Zidane Platini Henry Windows......;)

Just waiting to see if he is right about that big boy Wanyama:rolleyes:

Edited by ottery st mary