Congrats Rickie

Saints boy in Leeds

Loving this thread. Others have said it, but what a great night for him, the club and the fans. Always comes across as a top bloke, the epitome of what football is really about. Such a deserving fella, now getting recognition from the nation. Well done Rickie! Legend.

Delighted for Rickie Lambert, he deserved that glory after the work he has put in at Saints, and before that at Bristol Rovers.

He has scored the winner for England, against Scotland at Wembley. A fantastic moment that can never be taken away from him even if Woy now selects his more fashionable players at RL's expense.

£68.99 with 'LAMBERT' and '20' on the front and back.... gotta be done....

Currently owed 250 quid expenses and the accounts girl and financial director who signs the forms off are on holiday until september.

After that, SOLD!

Cinderella stooooorrryyyyyy.

From Beetroot Packer, through the bottom leagues to the Premiership.

(note for the press: 15 goals last season, JOINT TOP ENGLISH SCORER AND ROONEY CAN LICK THE SWEAT OFF OF HIS SWEATTY MEATY SWINGERS)

First touch for England-a goal

Almost scored two others.

Rooney........meh, crap, lies about firtness, just can't be arsed.

I was there to see Ricky score against the Sweaty Socks.

And I relish it.

He'll never play for England again. He showed up too many lazy overpaid premadonna bastards. We can't have that. He showed that you don't have to play for the big 4 to get selected. We can't have that. He proved that there are many good players out there, maybe not a skilled as Gerrard, Rooney etc. but almost, who would show them up if given a chance because they would play their ******** out with passion, pride and for the 3 lions. And we can't have that.

Well done Sir Ricky Lambert. You're be all over the papers tomorrow instead of that Lazy clunt Rooney and just so. And you probably put an extra million on your price tag, although you're going nowhere.

That'll do, Rick, That'll do.

Sent from my HP Spectre XT TouchSmart laptop using my big chubby fingers and a Vodafone 3g dongle, hanging out of the window on a USB extention, from my Car whilst my friend revvs the arse out of it with 'We are Southampton' screeming out of my Blaupunct speakers and mine and his Saints scarfs hanging out of the back windows.

I think I've drunk to much.

Edited by Secret Site Agent

Just looking through my twitter feed and the love for Rickie is unbelievable general public to sports stars,There are even skates praising him up,it's been said all night but it really is stuff dreams are made of

What an incredible debut! Only on for the last 25 minutes, scores within 3 minutes with his first touch and could have had two more.

I think he's made a reasonable case for himself to be given another cap at least, even if first choice players become available again, maybe as an impact sub perhaps.

Just drove passed a bunch of Man Utd fans in their shirts.

'Oi Mate, did you see Roony's goal'

'What. He didn't score!'

'I know. But Ricky ****in did. Hahahahahahhaha'.

I've never been kissed by a Manc before on the forehead.

They're made up for him as well. reckon he's going to be a big star this season. And they want tpo know where Lallana, corky and Clyne are. Don't like Manure most of the time, but tonight we'ree all Englishmen.

Sent from my HP Spectre XT TouchSmart laptop using my cock and a Vodafone 3g banana - hammock whilst singing Ricky Lambert for England.....wait he's here, whilst Eating a big Fuk-off meat pie from Bycrofts of Boston.

Last Friday went to karaoke & I was a bit the worse for wear.

Before murdering the Monkees I gave a rendition of the SRL song but with the ending Rickie Lambert England's Goal Machine. It raised a couple of chortles. And some wtf's?

Tonight I've already had 12 texts from mates here in Dubai who support other teams asking for the lyrics.

Rickie Lambert Thank you for a magical moment.

You deserve many more, the whole of England know it now.

I wore my Saints shirt with Lambert 7 on the back down my local more in hope than antcipation with all the gooners, yids and pretend Mancs in there.

I ended up ripping it off and waving it above my head in ecstasy when he scored! What a legend, so proud and all my plastic mates were all hugging me. Thank you SRL, you are an England hero and a true Saint.

Total legend. Nobody deserves it more then him. It shows if you put in the hard work anything is possible.

On another note I hope Paul Merson gets replaced on Sky as he is/was one of Lambert's main critics. He said he would never score 4 goals in the pl. Said he couldn't play for England as he doesn't have pace etc. Never been so happy for a guy to be proven so wrong!

Still buzzing so just watching the match for the third time now on ITV+1. Was really worried that Rickie wasn't going to even get on the pitch, but what a way to announce his arrival on the international scene!

The TV in the static caravan is so small I wouldn't have realised who'd connected with the corner if it wasn't for the commentator's cry of 'Lambert!' I was leaping around so much we were in danger of breaking our fixings and rolling down the hill. So chuffed for him and so proud he's a Saint.

Edited by mulletsaint

Shame about the crappy "duh-duh-duh-duh" song they trotted out for him, but I suppose learning a song with more than one line that mentions Matt Le Tiss was probably too much for them.

You'd think people could have "lalalalala"ed along before "Rickie Lambert England's Goal Machine"-ing though. Maybe next time...?

Oh, and congratulations to him, lest someone else start having a go at me for not congratulating him in every post I make. :)