Pathetic Support

Rasiak-9-

Was there any cheering? I just noticed a little light applause. Atmosphere was s***e in general though.

It was from us. All we could hear in the Chapel was Palace nonstop. Their Ultras may be laughable but they make a decent amount of noise.

It was from us. All we could hear in the Chapel was Palace nonstop. Their Ultras may be laughable but they make a decent amount of noise.

I was sat in the Kingsland Corner and there was some reasonable support being made by newbies and die-hards. A good chorus of Red Army during the second half. I even heard the Itchen at the beginning of the game.

I was in block 3 and to tell the truth the Palace fans were deafening, only heard the Northam once in the 2nd half

Having sat in many areas of the stadium I know that it is actually quite difficult to hear the Northam but I thought it is actually down to the Northam to 'keep it going' - again sure to get shot down for that comment.

Now I'm not a season ticket holder (but would love to be - money, location and family dictate otherwise) - so probably am not allowed an opinion - but we do seem to be lacking in our number of songs.

How many of the Northam are on this forum?

Can some of them not get together to come up with some more ditties?

How do you even start a new song in a ground?

When I'm older and teh kids have left home I will get a season ticket - then I can legitimately ask these questions

I was in block 3 and to tell the truth the Palace fans were deafening, only heard the Northam once in the 2nd half

Having sat in many areas of the stadium I know that it is actually quite difficult to hear the Northam but I thought it is actually down to the Northam to 'keep it going' - again sure to get shot down for that comment.

Now I'm not a season ticket holder (but would love to be - money, location and family dictate otherwise) - so probably am not allowed an opinion - but we do seem to be lacking in our number of songs.

How many of the Northam are on this forum?

Can some of them not get together to come up with some more ditties?

How do you even start a new song in a ground?

When I'm older and teh kids have left home I will get a season ticket - then I can legitimately ask these questions

Careful ..............you can't critize the half end.

I try to sit in the Kingsland / Northam when I can, but I don't go to every home game and sometimes when i do go i can't sit there for several reasons. On Saturday I heard OWTS, One Markus Liebherr, when I was just a little boy, Red Army, RK's red army. They may have been more but those are the ones i remember. So not quite a one song choir, but obviously not loud enough to reach the Itchen.

The issue with the Northam choir not reaching the Itchen/Northam corner is one of direction not necessarily volume.

I prefer to sit in the Kingsland near the Northam for the very reason you hear them and get to join in.

As for number of songs I think I'm referring to unique songs.

OWTS is ours - can't stand other clubs using it - Spuds especially.

Our other songs tend to be the standard blueprint for lots of clubs.

At one point both sets of fans were singing the RK/AP red and white/blue army and you couldn't tell which one came over best where we were.

I remember the Saints Norwich game the year we got relegated from the Premiership - now that was one rocking day and the whole stadium seemed to join in that day

Whoever it was that started the "Graziano he comes from Italy he fu.cking hates Pompey" song, have a word with yourself.

Thought it was cringeworthily funny. A cross between being reacquainted with an old friend and a collective outbreak of Tourettes.

Support was poor today, fans got edgy and on the team's back in the second half, corus of boos at the end wasn't just aimed at the ref either which simply is unacceptable. The team needs our support to push them on at home. Today it was sadly lacking, everyone just assumed we'd win defacto based on swansea's team sheet. Very worrying

There was a fuc.kload of what I can only describe as "football tourists" in the ground today. Clearly not from Southampton, half the time on their mobiles taking photos and smiling even when Swansea scored (or at least the ones I saw in block 43 were).

If this is what success is about then I'm sorry give me league one and the championship everyday. Fu.cking hate their kind and seeing them at St Mary's is horrific.

By the way I know I'll get abuse for this but I don't care. If you smile when the away team scores and spend the rest of the time in silence holding your phone kindly fu.ck off to whatever hole you came from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a fuc.kload of what I can only describe as "football tourists" in the ground today. Clearly not from Southampton, half the time on their mobiles taking photos and smiling even when Swansea scored (or at least the ones I saw in block 43 were).

If this is what success is about then I'm sorry give me league one and the championship everyday. Fu.cking hate their kind and seeing them at St Mary's is horrific.

By the way I know I'll get abuse for this but I don't care. If you smile when the away team scores and spend the rest of the time in silence holding your phone kindly fu.ck off to whatever hole you came from

look at you.

Oh no.

Oh no no no.

The proper fans on here told me that singing is for gospel choirs, not football matches!

You pay for you seat, you can do what you like. Remember?

We hate all these self-proclaimed 'superfans' that moan on a forum! What on Earth is there to complain about?

Typical saints fan, moan that we dont sing so we sing and still moan :lol::lol:

Singing decent songs doesn't take any more effort though. Just requires a few collective brain cells.

I'm in the family stand with my nipper so obviously there isn't much singing there. I've done my time in the Milton, Archers and Northam and sing loads at away games so will conplain about cringeworthy chants if I want thanks.

Did sound like a stadium of people who'd come to watch a successful team win rather than support them today. Lot of frustration and anxiety, little support. But that's why happens when you price out loads of people who'd be there weekly regardless of league or results.

True.... But the regulars are always there. It was pretty cold. But even so, I think the Northam and Itchen North were mediocre today. We can do better.

look at you.

He's not wrong though. Sadly it's becoming more and more prevalent at all Premier League grounds. The ridiculous cost of football has ruined the atmosphere in the Premier League and there's little anyone can do to change it.

Did sound like a stadium of people who'd come to watch a successful team win rather than support them today. Lot of frustration and anxiety, little support.

Exactly that. One little run at the big boys and already we're acting like entitled brats.

There's been loads of tourists at the last few months' games. Life of a successful team in 2015 I guess

Oh no.

You pay for you seat, you can do what you like. Remember?

This.

You can't force people to sing. Some of the loudest fans are also the most obnoxious. Being a football fan is not an elitist exercise- if you buy a ticket, you can go to the game and do what you want. End of.

This.

You can't force people to sing. Some of the loudest fans are also the most obnoxious. Being a football fan is not an elitist exercise- if you buy a ticket, you can go to the game and do what you want. End of.

Tell that to the guy in Block 37 who kicked off and tried to fight 3 stewards on Sunday!

Not 100% sure. A lady sitting in front of him made a complaint I believe. Then he wouldn't leave. Started getting irate and the words "I am a season ticket holder - you have nothing on me!!" were banded about. He had one of the stewards in a headlock at one point, turned quite nasty. Police eventually waded in and he was led out. It was the same guy that was going absolutely bananas at the end of one game a while back when two chaps started giving some early leavers grief..

Not 100% sure. A lady sitting in front of him made a complaint I believe. Then he wouldn't leave. Started getting irate and the words "I am a season ticket holder - you have nothing on me!!" were banded about. He had one of the stewards in a headlock at one point, turned quite nasty. Police eventually waded in and he was led out. It was the same guy that was going absolutely bananas at the end of one game a while back when two chaps started giving some early leavers grief..

A complaint for what? Anything other than racism/homophobia and that woman is a complete di.ck, i can't believe people would report one of their own.

A complaint for what? Anything other than racism/homophobia and that woman is a complete di.ck, i can't believe people would report one of their own.

No idea really. I wasn't close enough, although a LOT of people wanted him out.. so must play up fairly regularly

• 1 month later...

Watching extended highlights on Sky Sports now and noticing how good the support sounded last night. From block 2 we can barely hear the Northam but it's very noticable on the TV. Itchen North was also very good last night with the constant OWTS second half. But away fans can't hear the Northam either. Don't think a 'Kop' is the answer because as people have mentioned, it's better being close to the away fans. Don't know what the answer is though. So a bit of a pointless post really. To make atmosphere its best I think having away fans in the Kingsland North would be the best option but it won't happen, like Derby have done now:

B7lKphAIUAAvhsW.jpg:large

Atmosphere in the 2nd half in the Itchen North was excellent, considering there were a fair few empty seats as well. The constant OWTS actually shut them up completely for a good 15 minutes, no easy thing considering their away support is amongst the best in the league and they were very loud before that. Shows how much us supporters can affect a game when done right.

Thought the Atmosphere was good last night (Second Half). Could hear the Itchen North from Block 42 and even kick started the Northam.

I personally thought that Block 43 were the best set this season, all singing and adding to the Northam, which is a refreshing change to what the block is usually like when sold to Home fans.

I agree with Griffo, something needs to be done to unite the Itchen North and Northam but seems the only option is to move Away fans, which the police won't allow. Maybe contacting the club, considering the new regime have improved the relationship with fans, to see what can be done?

Thought the Atmosphere was good last night (Second Half). Could hear the Itchen North from Block 42 and even kick started the Northam.

I personally thought that Block 43 were the best set this season, all singing and adding to the Northam, which is a refreshing change to what the block is usually like when sold to Home fans.

I agree with Griffo, something needs to be done to unite the Itchen North and Northam but seems the only option is to move Away fans, which the police won't allow. Maybe contacting the club, considering the new regime have improved the relationship with fans, to see what can be done?

Nope, they think engaging and doing their bit for the fans is handing out pathetic santa hats and player face masks.

That's the thing. Could hardly hear the Northam, except for a little bit and pretty sure it could hardly hear Itchen North.