Are Spuds the most deluded, arrogant fans?

bridgeman

I like looking at other teams boards and my brother is a spud so I keep an out out on them. I didnt really have a problem with them when i was growing up cause i thought they tried to play good entetrtaining football like us. While othr teams like arsenal, wimbledon and watford were typical knock it long merchants. but after all the whohare with Hoddle and all that i started to see them for what they were just an average sized club trying to hold on to past go glories for about FIFTY years an d being left behind by the really big london teams like arsenal and chelsea (ive also got an chelsea brother for my sins)

If spuds were not from london they would be no diferertent to clubs like wolves, villa and forest who were once big teams. to me they are knwo bigger than us or any team aprat from the top four but to listen to the average spud you would think they were up their with man utd and real madrid.

They reckon they can take any player of us they want now yet they havent got a chance of getting none of are players now. why are spuds like this? is it a london thing where they cant see outside of where they live or are they just deluded and living in the past?

spuds have listed 10 ways they are better than us http://www.thfclatest.com/2015/07/09/saints-dont-like-us-spurs-dont-care/ and most of them happened before tvs were in colour.

do you now any spuds and our they all so cocky and living in the past? we was above them for most of the season yet to here them talk you think they won it and we went down.

i hate them more and more as i get older and i hope they never get that new ground built. they just like in the past they should be caled tottenham history not hospur.

I don't hate them, I pity them. It's quite funny that they have no modern ideas of their own so try and steal those of others and always wonder why it never quite works for them.

Better to follow a team that punches above it's weight then one that will always aspire to more then is achievable. The unexpected is always more enjoyable then the events you feel entitled to.

They're a decent sized club, with pretty nice backing - and taken advantage of some strong commercial oppertunities.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they have a sticky start this season. I don't think Spurs fans were too taken in by MP last season, I think they were all open to ''giving him time'' - but next season will be interesting. The knives will be out if there isn't notable progress, in my opinion.

It'll be interesting to see how they feel when they're travelling to Milton Keynes for their home games.

I don't hate them, I pity them. It's quite funny that they have no modern ideas of their own so try and steal those of others and always wonder why it never quite works for them.

This. They have no ideas, no identity. Just bitterness at not being a top 4 team. They are too bland and dull to really dislike

In reply to the original question, no, Liverpool fans are, by a country mile.

they certainly are of a similar ilk...

spurs fans genuinely think they are better than arsenal for some reason...as a club and on the pitch.... Genuinely can't get my head round it. There is no comparison at all..but they really do.

95% of Liverpool fans are complete bellends and not from Liverpool...you do get the occasional ones who have been humbled by the fact that they haven't won the league for 3 decades...but unlike spurs they really do have a rich history.

quite frankly if you don't support the city from where you were born or live...(which applies to many fans of both of those clubs)..then you are a bell end :o

Liverpool fans are far worse. Especially the plastics (the plastic fan who lost it and sobbed on Talksport about how much he loved Liverpool for example)

Your average Liverpool fans sense of self entitlement and how unfair everything is when they aren't winning is far and away worse than pretty much everyone else - including the skates. Not helped by the media pandering to them every season. (The w*nking going on over Gerrard this season is a good example)

Spurs fans are deluded and think they are better than they are.... They actually believe they are a top four side, better than arsenal but year on year they are disappointed.

Speaking to two spurs fans years ago on a course just after they signed bale. Both of them giving it the large that we had ripped them off and he was ****. Wouldn't have it when I said he was sensational and in two years time they would be eating their words.

They are so so blinkered

****ing hell.

"We do not believe cost or the potential financial package on offer should be the only consideration here. THFC is a sustainably run club, seeking to compete with Chelsea – a club funded on a different model – and West Ham United, a club about to move into a stadium heavily subsidised by the taxpayer."

Live in the wonderful borough of haringey (the nice part). An amusingly chavvy but entitled bunch -like wham fans but without the backbone, more likely to turn on rather than get behind their team when things get rough. Guess that's what happens when your club rarely tastes any real highs or lows. Only Spurs fans could miss the irony of their little Harry Kane song. Mugs.

All clubs have arrogant bellends. We have fans who give it the big one and go on rivals sites.

Spurs are a massive club. Under performers but we have to face it, we are a selling club and Spurs can buy who they want from us if they pay the money

Hmm, I'm not so sure. I remember reading a forum once of a league one club that claimed that Had only ever finished in the top 4 of the top flight once in their history. Yet many, many of their fans were indignant that they were on an unstoppable march to the champions league. That their fan base catchment area covered everything south of the line from Liverpool, through Birmingham to London. That they needed a 50,000 stadium to fit all their fans in that were going to watch their team of brilliant academy graduates who would never leave the club sweeping all before them as they destroyed every club between here and Babylon with their brand of Soccerball.

Live in the wonderful borough of haringey (the nice part). An amusingly chavvy but entitled bunch -like wham fans but without the backbone, more likely to turn on rather than get behind their team when things get rough. Guess that's what happens when your club rarely tastes any real highs or lows. Only Spurs fans could miss the irony of their little Harry Kane song. Mugs.

You're basically my neighbour, I live just next to harringay station on the crouch end side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurs fans genuinely think they are better than arsenal for some reason...as a club and on the pitch.... Genuinely can't get my head round it. There is no comparison at all..but they really do.

95% of Liverpool fans are complete bellends and not from Liverpool...you do get the occasional ones who have been humbled by the fact that they haven't won the league for 3 decades...but unlike spurs they really do have a rich history.

quite frankly if you don't support the city from where you were born or live...(which applies to many fans of both of those clubs)..then you are a bell end :o

Well I come from Weymouth and I am a saints season ticket holder. Does that make me a bellend???!!!! Perhaps think about what you said.

Their main, and only song is actually ours.

An utter irrelevance.

It amuses the hell out of me that they cite the example of Man Utd taking "their" Glory, glory song and claiming that it is the same thing as them adopting our song and claiming to make it better.

Only an arrogant imbecile Spurs fan could fail to ignore the fact that the song is "when the SAINTS go marching in" and that we do not need to change the title to have any other British football fan know that the Saints are us.

They are also stupid enough not to realise that when they sing their version at our ground, that it sounds as if the whole ground is singing our song in unison.

If I could have only one club financially implode and disappear off the face of the earth it would be Tottenham. While I also dislike Liverpool fans and believe they are as equally deluded as Spurs fans, Tottenham always has the edge with Levy. If there is one person I would like to see fail, even more than Brendan, it is that smug ****.

All clubs have arrogant bellends. We have fans who give it the big one and go on rivals sites.

Spurs are a massive club. Under performers but we have to face it, we are a selling club and Spurs can buy who they want from us if they pay the money

Just as Spurs are a selling club too when the many bigger clubs come calling for their players like Bale and Modric. We are only a little bit behind them now, so Spurs aren't seen as much of a step up to our players compared to the top four or five clubs, who could outbid them easily.

I know two die hard Spurs fans. Both are decent sorts - pretty humble and admit their club are failures and get the 'spursy' thing. Problem is you lot go looking on the Internet and that is not where you will find your norms.

More embarrassing is our idiots who think we are a bigger club than them.

I know two die hard Spurs fans. Both are decent sorts - pretty humble and admit their club are failures and get the 'spursy' thing. Problem is you lot go looking on the Internet and that is not where you will find your norms.

Just met a Spurs Fan very nice chap very complimentary about the Saints

Spurs are a big club like Liverpool with a long history had a great deal of success in the 1960s were the first English Club to win a European Trophy but not much recently

League

Football League First Division:

Winners (2): 1950–51, 1960–61

FA Cup:

Winners (8): 1900–01, 1920–21, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1966–67, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1990–91

League Cup:

Winners (4): 1970–71, 1972–73, 1998–99, 2007–08

European

UEFA Cup:

Winners (2): 1971–72 (inaugural winners), 1983–84

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup:

Winners (1): 1962–63

Saints won the FA Cup in 1976 finished second once in Div 1 and having got to 3rd in the PL but finished 7th the best finish for over 30 years some deluded people think we are a top club well we are not

How embarrassing this thread must be for any sane minded Southampton fans with at least half a brain !!!

You call Spurs fans deluded. when ironically there are literally hundreds on this board on various threads frothing at the mouth and telling each other idiotically that Southampton are as big a club as Spurs and Liverpool etc, :lol: all based on 1 decent season just imagine where Southampton would have ended up with an extra 15 Europa League games and a run to the League Cup final, some of you need to give your heads a huge big wobble and maybe you might talk some sense.

Of course you are free to carry on and chat as much ****e as you like about Spurs and act as childish as you wont to, fact is you though you are simply making fools of yourselves and not Spurs, it makes for some fun reading though, you sound kind of bitter about something or other.

Gf9pdDi.jpg

How embarrassing this thread must be for any sane minded Southampton fans with at least half a brain !!!

You call Spurs fans deluded. when ironically there are literally hundreds on this board on various threads frothing at the mouth and telling each other idiotically that Southampton are as big a club as Spurs and Liverpool etc, :lol: all based on 1 decent season just imagine where Southampton would have ended up with an extra 15 Europa League games and a run to the League Cup final, some of you need to give your heads a huge big wobble and maybe you might talk some sense.

Of course you are free to carry on and chat as much ****e as you like about Spurs and act as childish as you wont to, fact is you though you are simply making fools of yourselves and not Spurs, it makes for some fun reading though, you sound kind of bitter about something or other.

Gf9pdDi.jpg

Well, all I can say is that we do our best to grow our own footballers, and thrive despite propping up Spurs, 'pool , Arse'n'all who can't survive without poaching our players.

Gf9pdDi.jpg

Spurs and Liverpool are much bigger clubs than us. You're still a bellend though.

C

Gf9pdDi.jpg

Thank you for coming into this message board to point this out. Your contribution is valued......

Just met a Spurs Fan very nice chap very complimentary about the Saints

Spurs are a big club like Liverpool with a long history had a great deal of success in the 1960s were the first English Club to win a European Trophy but not much recently

League

Football League First Division:

Winners (2): 1950–51, 1960–61

FA Cup:

Winners (8): 1900–01, 1920–21, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1966–67, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1990–91

League Cup:

Winners (4): 1970–71, 1972–73, 1998–99, 2007–08

European

UEFA Cup:

Winners (2): 1971–72 (inaugural winners), 1983–84

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup:

Winners (1): 1962–63

Saints won the FA Cup in 1976 finished second once in Div 1 and having got to 3rd in the PL but finished 7th the best finish for over 30 years some deluded people think we are a top club well we are not

Let's stir the pot some more just for the hell of it :mcinnes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011860/Liverpool-biggest-club-trophies-won-edging-rivals-Manchester-United-silverware.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2792400/liverpool-claim-worldwide-fan-base-580m-people-just-looking-increase-anfield-s-capacity.html

There is tons more of this stuff and Spurs rarely if EVER get a mention in regard to global attraction and impact of clubs and so on, ergo they only come close to Liverpool in their own fans minds, while the reality of the situation is far different. . . . .;)

All fans are deluded, pretty much to the same extent. Some are deluded due to past glories (eg Liverpool, Spurs, Portsmouth etc) while some aren't because they don't have past glories (eg Saints).

Some delusion though we must surely admit on a somewhat logically basis if nothing else, is "better founded" in facts and truth than other delusion? ;)

:thumbup:

What I find more embarrassing is that certain referees believe the myth and rule against us accordingly.

You can't rule out the "human element", well you can but it might be foolish to do so - we only have to remember the Italian referee scandals of not that long ago, when Juve were quite severely punished. For example many Liverpool fans used to be very derogatory about a certain Mr Howard Webb, most particularly when they played Man United, something I took of course with the proverbial pinch of salt and a wry smile. That is until one day I discovered by chance he was / had been a serving police officer with South Yorkshire Police, a body primarily responsible of course for the continued and ongoing Hillsborough Disaster "cover ups", armed with such knowledge I was never sure again that he was not err shall we say somewhat biased?

What I find more embarrassing is that certain referees believe the myth and rule against us accordingly.

Yeah fonte was persecuted for scything down Aguerro, handball against Newcastle, fabregras booking etc.

I bet many on here feel they always join the slowest queue at the supermarket

Any "fan" that posts on another club forum is a bit of a kn0b really... The phrase "get a life" springs to mind... ( and presumably a job ) LOL From my own experience I only know 3 spurs fans and they are all complete to55ers.... but that may be a co-incidence....

I was born in Northampton, lived in Southampton for 3 years before i turned 4!!! so have 0 memory's of my time there but i still to this day make my way from Stoke on trent ( where i work and live ) to Southampton every home game and around the country, My Father is a Saints fan and attends game with me and my two sons and my other brother every home game and away games.....also my grandad and Grandma which is why i am a Saints fan cause being a Saints fan runs in the family plus i do love the club...... but even so,, its nice to know you think any one not born in Southampton are bellends, going to look good while the club are trying to build the fans base up isn't it? Grow up. Football is world wide. i probs do more to support the club living out of Southampton than most fans do that LIVE in Southampton.

Well said Mosin. I live in Poole, always supported Saints. Started going on my 8th birthday but had been for as long as I can remember. My dad was born in Romsey and have family scattered around Southampton even now. In fact St Mary's we even have a paving slab stating our family loyalties date back as far as 1898.

But hey if you think you have a Devine right to belittle everyone who doesn't reside in Southampton that's your prerogative. However you are totally wrong and need to grow up. Also stop hiding behind your keyboards spouting all this deluded rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember Feyenoord - Tottenham, the final of the Uefa Cup in 1974. It was the first time Holland learned what hooliganism meant. 4.000 drunken Spurs fans who saw their team getting beaten by a superior Feyenoord and started to riot. Those mf's came with knives out, innocent people enjoying the game were crushed, there were 150 people wounded and it was a miracle nobody died. Since that day Tottenham is the most hated English club amongst many Feyenoord fans, especially our own hooligans, the ones without brains and always looking for a thrill shouting they're "Feyenoord till I die!" Monkey see, monkey do...

As a Feyenoord fan I have no problem with Tottenham Hotspur, you can't judge a club on a small part of their fanbase as I wouldn't like others to judge Feyenoord by the idiots who tried to destroy Rome this year.. However, I do feel more tense when we're playing them ('83 and '92) then usual. Even at a friendly game 10 years ago! But hating them because there are some fools amongst them who look down on Southampton? This sounds a bit childish to me...

Yeah fonte was persecuted for scything down Aguerro, handball against Newcastle, fabregras booking etc.

I bet many on here feel they always join the slowest queue at the supermarket

I didn't sat ALL referees just a couple who always give the decisions to the so-called 'big clubs'. Because of their bias we lost six points and just imagine where we'd be then.A big club eh?