2016 summer window HCDAJFU

mcbendy

Talk of Daley Blind leaving United, pretty sure we were interested in him before he left Holland. Would be a decent singing imo, can play CB, LB and CDM

No..he can't play CB as we have seen this season. Not quick enough to be a full back which leaves defensive midfield..no thanks

Talk of Daley Blind leaving United, pretty sure we were interested in him before he left Holland. Would be a decent singing imo, can play CB, LB and CDM

I don't see how he'd fit into the squad, he'd be on big wages and would want to be a regular in our side...

Left back - he'd behind Bertrand in the pecking order and we have Targett who is back-up

Centre back - he'd be behind van Dijk and Fonte in pecking order

Defensive midfield - If Wanyama goes I think the club will look for a similar style of a physical presence in that position, which Blind wouldn't be

There are some real 'characters' on SWF (for 'characters' read 'folk who don't seem to understand the basic [frequently stated] philosophy of the club, nor the wage structure').

Centre back - he'd be behind van Dijk and Fonte in pecking order

It doesn't have to be Blind necessarily, but I'm just wondering how we're going to cope when Fonte gets too old and Van Dijk leaves us at some point.

Replacing them is not going to be easy, especially Fonte.

Apparently Borussia Dortmund are interested in Hakim Ziyech for around 10mil euro's or 7.7 mil which for a guys who scored 17 goals and 10 assists in a struggling team even in holland is a no brainer.

He would cost less than Steven Naismith's 8.5m move to Norwich or a bit more than Louis Grabban's 7mil move to Bournemouth !!!!!!

All I want this summer is a AM who scores nearly 10 goals a season.

Apparently Borussia Dortmund are interested in Hakim Ziyech for around 10mil euro's or 7.7 mil which for a guys who scored 17 goals and 10 assists in a struggling team even in holland is a no brainer.

He would cost less than Steven Naismith's 8.5m move to Norwich or a bit more than Louis Grabban's 7mil move to Bournemouth !!!!!!

Think most clubs will wait if Twente even still exists in a few weeks.

Gold suggested £100,000 a week.

Can't see it. People will say we can pay him more wages because the transfer fee was so low but it's not that simple. If we pay Austin £100k, Fonte will want it took, so will VVD, Bertrand, Mané, Forster. Suddenly we'll have doubled our wage bill over one player.

Good to see a decent club listen to our signing recommendations ;)

Wonder if he's a replacement for Henrikh Mkhitaryan?

Are they that close to folding then? Why? Not up on Dutch teams tbh

There's a lot of stuff going on with Twente atm. The Dutch FA (or better yet a commission that hands out the licenses for professional football, not sure what its called in English) wants to relegate them to the second division as a punishment for all the crap they pulled last few years. Twente is fighting it in court, they claim the club falls over if they will be relegated and that the Dutch FA has no grounds for giving that punishment, its a pretty complicated case really.

But there's a real possibility the club will fall over if they lose their case. Tthey did a lot of dirty and fishy stuff which they might pay the ultimate price for, so i can see clubs waiting with offers cause you might can get Ziyech this summer as a free agent if it all goes bad for Twente.

There's a lot of stuff going on with Twente atm. The Dutch FA (or better yet a commission that hands out the licenses for professional football, not sure what its called in English) wants to relegate them to the second division as a punishment for all the crap they pulled last few years. Twente is fighting it in court, they claim the club falls over if they will be relegated and that the Dutch FA has no grounds for giving that punishment, its a pretty complicated case really.

But there's a real possibility the club will fall over if they lose their case. Tthey did a lot of dirty and fishy stuff which they might pay the ultimate price for, so i can see clubs waiting with offers cause you might can get Ziyech this summer as a free agent if it all goes bad for Twente.

Thanks for that. Looks as if the Dutch fa want to set an example / precedent of twente - as to Ziyech it'll be interesting to see where he ends up esp as he will not be a stranger to mr koeman

• 2 weeks later...
Like he knows

I certainly don't know, but wouldn't he know exactly what was being demanded by Austins agent, as West Ham enquired about him? Why would he come out with a figure unless that was quoted to him by the agent? It's amazing how we choose to ignore evidence and information that we don't like the sound of.

Feels to me like some Saints fans simply don't want to accept that we may be paying a shed load of money to an injury prone player that hasn't really provided value for it just yet.

Can't see it. People will say we can pay him more wages because the transfer fee was so low but it's not that simple. If we pay Austin £100k, Fonte will want it took, so will VVD, Bertrand, Mané, Forster. Suddenly we'll have doubled our wage bill over one player.

How would they get to know what his wage was? Unless of course a rival chairman told everyone what they might be of course!

What is a our wage bill at the moment by the way? Creeping up steadily as I recall, offset by the bigger TV money of course, but don't think for a minute that we are paying peanuts to a top stars.

I certainly don't know, but wouldn't he know exactly what was being demanded by Austins agent, as West Ham enquired about him? Why would he come out with a figure unless that was quoted to him by the agent? It's amazing how we choose to ignore evidence and information that we don't like the sound of.

Feels to me like some Saints fans simply don't want to accept that we may be paying a shed load of money to an injury prone player that hasn't really provided value for it just yet.

Ok his "suggestion" is correct. Happy now chez? Austin is on 100k per week at saints and he is injury prone and we are not getting value for it. Fact

How would they get to know what his wage was? Unless of course a rival chairman told everyone what they might be of course!

What is a our wage bill at the moment by the way? Creeping up steadily as I recall, offset by the bigger TV money of course, but don't think for a minute that we are paying peanuts to a top stars.

:| Seriously?

Players, agents, even the stuff printed in the media will get them asking questions. Half of these players are represented by the same agencies, even the ones which don't will have their finger on what the going rate is. When contracts are up for renewal, you can bet your arse the player involved will be asking around the squad to see what everyone else is on. The idea that Austin is on £100k and nobody else in the dressing room has any idea is laughable.

So let me get this straight. You are telling me that we are not paying him £100,000 a week despite that being the strong suggestion in the press. Fair enough, that might be true, as I said I don't know. However, because the other players read the papers they will have all demanded wage rises anyway. Thats a bit of a ****er for the club. They get a good deal on Austin but they get shafted by everyone else.

Somehow I don't see that. For starters players can't keep asking for wage rises every time they read the papers. Also there are quite a few agents. How many do you think covering the saints first team? As far as I am aware there are over 20 different agencies and Austins agent doesn't have another saints player on it's books. As for players quizzing each other, well maybe it's just me, but when I was an employee I didn't ask everyone else in the office what they were getting paid. It's private and doesn't happen in normal business. What makes you think that happens at a football club?

From The Daily Mail...

Southampton enquire about £12m Stuttgart winger Filip Kostic

SIMON JONES: Southampton have held discussions over a move for Stuttgart winger Filip Kostic.

The Serbia international is valued at £12million by the Bundesliga side who signed him from FC Groningen in 2014 for £4.75m.

Liverpool are also among the clubs to have checked on Kostic this season while Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Schalke have also expressed an interest in the 23-year-old who plays on the left wing but is comfortable on the right or behind the striker.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3644605/Transfer-news

Thanks for that. Looks as if the Dutch fa want to set an example / precedent of twente - as to Ziyech it'll be interesting to see where he ends up esp as he will not be a stranger to mr koeman

Twente win their appeal and stay in the Eredivisie. Any club hoping to get Ziyech will have to pay the money. (http://www.nu.nl/voetbal/4278572/fc-twente-wint-beroepszaak-en-blijft-in-eredivisie.html)