The New, New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

"Samuel was voted Sports Writer of the Year at the British Press Awards in 2007 and 2013, Sports Journalist of the Year at the SJA Sports Journalism Awards in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2013, Sports Journalist of the Year at the 'What The Papers Say' awards in 2002, 2005 and 2006 and Sports Commentator of the Year at the Editorial Intelligence Comment Awards in 2014. In 2012, Samuel was named top in a UK Press Gazette poll of Britain's best sports journalists. In January 2015, he was named in Debrett's List of the 500 Most Influential People in Britain."

Samuel is usually very pro-Saints, but he is a very good judge of managers and doesn't think Puel is good enough for us.

You're a bit weird.

"Samuel was voted Sports Writer of the Year at the British Press Awards in 2007 and 2013, Sports Journalist of the Year at the SJA Sports Journalism Awards in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2013, Sports Journalist of the Year at the 'What The Papers Say' awards in 2002, 2005 and 2006 and Sports Commentator of the Year at the Editorial Intelligence Comment Awards in 2014. In 2012, Samuel was named top in a UK Press Gazette poll of Britain's best sports journalists. In January 2015, he was named in Debrett's List of the 500 Most Influential People in Britain."

Samuel is usually very pro-Saints, but he is a very good judge of managers and doesn't think Puel is good enough for us.

Not to put too finer point on it but he isn't pro-Saints, and thinks Harry Redknapp is a good manager.

Samuel has some good ideas, in particular the scrapping of the loan system, but he is very much against Saints in almost everything he has ever written, all since the spat with Lowe mentioned earlier in the thread.

Puel will be a disaster

A lot of people said that about Ranierii and whilst I doubt that will ever happen again I think we need to take it as example and just wait and see what happen, judge the guy once he's got into it. We had a great end to the season and still have the majority of that team (at the moment) so let's just see how quickly any new attacking options will take to bed in and whether the switch to a new shape can actually improve some of our players.

It's obviously his assistant manager. Probably who was his number 2 at Nice, probably Guy Mengual as Pamplemousse asks above.

Unless we're going to sign his son Gregoire. He's a right back(not a particulary good one I believe) thus Number 2 . He's also their second child I think, Charlène being the eldest. Now she's a shîte hot 800 metre runner, surely we need one of those.

Unless we're going to sign his son Gregoire. He's a right back(not a particulary good one I believe) thus Number 2 . He's also their second child I think, Charlène being the eldest. Now she's a shîte hot 800 metre runner, surely we need one of those.

Number 2s all over that sentence!

Hope its not Makalele great player but sacked as a coach after a few months

Assisted laurent blanc and carlo ancelotti at psg. Had experience of the premier league, would be Under Puel. Went would him being a no 2 or 3 be an issue?

Assisted laurent blanc and carlo ancelotti at psg. Had experience of the premier league, would be Under Puel. Went would him being a no 2 or 3 be an issue?

You could coach at PSG they won league by Christmas :-)

Nope but will wait and see how he does.....as have posted before I thought Whiskey George and Redknapp were going to fix us

Talksport touting former Chile manager Marcel Bielsa as currently the best manager availabl

Managed Marseille, Espanyol, Athletico and Premier League clubs,needing a manager would be fools not to employ him

Talksport touting former Chile manager Marcel Bielsa as currently the best manager availabl

Managed Marseille, Espanyol, Athletico and Premier League clubs,needing a manager would be fools not to employ him

Pochettino's mentor.

So what is the latest? Are there any itkers with any,updates as we still do not really know who it could be. I'm still hoping for Pellegrini.

It's about 99% Claude Puel and expected to be announced by the end of the week.

Is the reason some people aren't excited about Puel being our new manager because he isn't a big name based on his own footballing career?

If we were on the verge of appointing Dennis Bergkamp, and he had Puel managerial record would everyone be wetting themselves in excitement?

Being a good pro footballer doesn't make you a better manager.

Is the reason some people aren't excited about Puel being our new manager because he isn't a big name based on his own footballing career?

If we were on the verge of appointing Dennis Bergkamp, and he had Puel managerial record would everyone be wetting themselves in excitement?

Being a good pro footballer doesn't make you a better manager.

I couldn't care less about his playing career really. I'm not excited because his record as a manager isn't great and his win ratios are the worst of everyone we've been linked with despite spending the majority of his managerial career with big clubs in a fairly poor league.