The New, New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

StannersSFC: Gutted to hear Sammy Lee has left #saintsfc. Thank you for your time with our beloved club. Good luck for the future....

Why did he leave then ? Perhaps a mate of his has got a manager's job somewhere or other. To think that apparently we fell out with Garcia over keeping Sammy Lee. Could that mean that Rudi is back in the frame?

Why did he leave then ? Perhaps a mate of his has got a manager's job somewhere or other. To think that apparently we fell out with Garcia over keeping Sammy Lee. Could that mean that Rudi is back in the frame?

That's the question I raised; I thought we were set on keeping Sammy, even to the detriment of other potential manager's wishes??

All twitter chat etc is pointing to Puel, but things are so quiet with the supposed ITKs that I'm beginning to wonder if it's someone else.

Someone's strangely lumped fresh money on de boer in the betting market.

Sometimes the lines move in response to betting, sometimes the bookies are just trying to juice the action. It is known. I am agnostic on whether FdB still might come (seems plausible) but the bookies are now desperate to take money in on anybody other than Puel, so odds come down.

Sometimes the lines move in response to betting, sometimes the bookies are just trying to juice the action. It is known. I am agnostic on whether FdB still might come (seems plausible) but the bookies are now desperate to take money in on anybody other than Puel, so odds come down.

Greedy bastards, after all that they collected on the referendum you'd think they could do without kicking the cages of their mug punters for a day or two wouldn't you.

If anyone but Puel gets the job now I'd be pretty shocked. The club PR machine seems to have been getting everyone used to the idea for about a week now would be a big turn around if someone else took the job now.

As I told you this morning negociations were reported as ongoing. Then again they were with Nice a few weeks back until he suddenly pulled the plug on them.

Latest on Sporting Life Live feed says we're still in negotiations with Puel, that it is hoped to making an announcement before the end of the week.

Taking way too long with Puel, ust be some sticking points in negotiations.

As I told you this morning negociations were reported as ongoing. Then again they were with Nice a few weeks back until he suddenly pulled the plug on them.

A mate said to me last night he had heard that Puel had even met the Anderlecht players then decided at last minute to withdraw - is that right WC?

StannersSFC: Gutted to hear Sammy Lee has left #saintsfc. Thank you for your time with our beloved club. Good luck for the future....

Strange if true.

Would he leave to move back up north? Has he got a better offer elsewhere? Is Garcia back in the frame?

Possibly, but it lists different candidates to this. Milan announcing on July 1st. Maybe Puel is second choice behind FdB and we're waiting on Milan.

http://www.football-italia.net/86212/milan-brocchi-giampaolo-de-boer

Edited by buctootim

Possibly, but it lists different candidates to this. Milan announcing on July 1st. Maybe Puel is second choice behind FdB and we're waiting on Milan.

http://www.football-italia.net/86212/milan-brocchi-giampaolo-de-boer

It's a theory...

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/28-06-2016/milan-montella-si-tratta-ma-c-ottimismo-sconto-clausola-160147097497.shtml&prev=search

A mate said to me last night he had heard that Puel had even met the Anderlecht players then decided at last minute to withdraw - is that right WC?

That I couldn't say, it wouldn't really surprise me. Puel is a good manager but I'm told that he is "exacting" in negociations and conditions. The fact that he pursued Lyon to our equivalent of the Supreme Court over compensation for getting sacked by them (lost anyway) shows what he's prepared to do if he thinks he has a cause. Think of the sums he must have spent running after about 5 million euros that he thought he was owed. Can't have cost him much less than that really as it's been going on for about 5 years through every industrial tribunal and court in the land.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Latest on Sporting Life Live feed says we're still in negotiations with Puel, that it is hoped to making an announcement before the end of the week.

Taking way too long with Puel, ust be some sticking points in negotiations.

Well the value of the pound collapsing will have caused a problem, let alone anything else. Is the contract in euros? Probably not. So both sides will be looking very closely at the exchange rate before signing the final version.

That I couldn't say, it wouldn't really surprise me. Puel is a good manager but I'm told that he is "exacting" in negociations and conditions.

I have come around to him after wanting MPel can't ignore his record in Spain, why interview him if you want a training ground manager you know what he is.

Just wish we could appoint him and get on with it now and agree above too much PR about him to be someone else now.

Could be an interesting appointment going on that one article am sure everyone has seen about Nice.

Well the value of the pound collapsing will have caused a problem, let alone anything else. Is the contract in euros? Probably not. So both sides will be looking very closely at the exchange rate before signing the final version.

I'd be surprised if that held things up. We are at €1.20 a rate that is perfectly acceptable and no doubt over the coming weeks it will gravitate back towards €1.25-€1.30

I'd be surprised if that held things up. We are at €1.20 a rate that is perfectly acceptable and no doubt over the coming weeks it will gravitate back towards €1.25-€1.30

It was around €1.11 five years ago. So what it is this second is absolutely acceptable.