Sammy Lee

SuperSAINT

I guess new man will want his own staff anyway.

Lee I am not too bothered about. Dave Watson more important because Forster has been very clear that Watson's presence here has been key in him joining and signing a new deal. Would imagine Saints will try very hard to keep him.

I guess new man will want his own staff anyway.

Lee I am not too bothered about. Dave Watson more important because Forster has been very clear that Watson's presence here has been key in him joining and signing a new deal. Would imagine Saints will try very hard to keep him.

It's not just Watson's importance to Forster - He sorts out our set-pieces too.

Any idea how long Watson signed for in 2014? If he still has a few years left we can simply ask him to stay. He wasn't brought in to the club by Koeman specifically (I don't think) and so isn't part of his entourage....no doubt i'll be corrected if i'm wrong.

I like Sammy Lee a lot, because he comes across as the sort of individual who lifts the spirits of those around him. He always seems passionate about the team and wears his heart on his sleeve. I would imagine that his presence is good for team spirit and his absence would take something positive away from us.

I like Sammy Lee a lot, because he comes across as the sort of individual who lifts the spirits of those around him. He always seems passionate about the team and wears his heart on his sleeve. I would imagine that his presence is good for team spirit and his absence would take something positive away from us.

I'm sure we could hire Coco the Clown to put the cones out.......

Odds on Sammy Lee being the interim boss..
I really hope we have a new boss come the start of next season, or even before they come back for pre season. I would think someone will be in a week or two after Koeman has officially gone.

BTW, the odds are 33-1 for Sammy to be the next manager.

I really hope we have a new boss come the start of next season, or even before they come back for pre season. I would think someone will be in a week or two after Koeman has officially gone.

I was going to say we've got loads of time as it's quite early - but I just looked it up - Koeman was announced 16 Jun 2014. (Poch announced by Spurs on 28 May 2014)

Yeah, then it's just like Paul Mitchell & Spurs. Didn't he get offered to triple his wages?

Same thing could happen with Watson too. Nothing to prevent Everton making him an offer and/or him deciding he fancies the pay rise that could be on offer and telling Saints he wants out.

Hopefully not of course but could happen.

Same thing could happen with Watson too. Nothing to prevent Everton making him an offer and/or him deciding he fancies the pay rise that could be on offer and telling Saints he wants out.

grim-reaper4.png

Lots of things can happen you little ray of sunshine you

Keeping Sammy and Dave Watson and most importantly Kitman Forbesy will give the behind the scenes a bit of continuity. We don't want or need total change, and a smooth transition would be great for all concerned.

Dave Watson looks like he has a big future ahead of him. Always involved with the Substitution Briefs to players going on at both SFC and England Levels. Only a matter of time before he is subject to poaching by another club.

Keeping Sammy and Dave Watson and most importantly Kitman Forbesy will give the behind the scenes a bit of continuity. We don't want or need total change, and a smooth transition would be great for all concerned.

Dave Watson looks like he has a big future ahead of him. Always involved with the Substitution Briefs to players going on at both SFC and England Levels. Only a matter of time before he is subject to poaching by another club.

given his " other job " as England coach, I suspect that he'd like to be at a club which has an England goalie.........

Dave Watson would be a good shout to take over as manager, some day.

• 7 months later...

Apart from putting out cones and saying "well done lad" now and then, what does he do. Admittedly everyone in the game wants to shake his hand and to be honest I have always marvelled at the Match Day Uncovered footage when just about everyone from the visiting oppositions rushed up to greet him, staff and players alike so maybe he knows exactly where all the brown envelopes are buried and which players have a fancy bit on the side!