• Remain Before - Leave Now

6 3.80%
  • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now

0 0%
  • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now

3 1.90%
  • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now

4 2.53%
  • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?

2 1.27%
  • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

10 6.33%
Page 318 of 327 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,900 of 16334

Thread: Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

2. Default

I think the good news is the EU cannot punish is any more. No one, at all can suggest the EU is punishing us because they can't because we are out and totally sovereign.

That's brilliant because it means we make all our own laws and decisions and it is impossible for us to be punished because we have total control. Every thing will be our sovereign choice.

That's the main plus for me.

We cannot ever be punished by anyone now.

3. Default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank god the talking is over, now it's time for action.
    When does the first 350m go into the NHS?
    That will make such a difference to people's lives, it was a brilliant promise.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    Wasn't a promise.

Time for them to own it now. No more blaming others.

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Wasn't a promise.
    Correct, it was a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose"

Janis Joplin, Me and Bobby McGee

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    Just as soon as the 'punishment budget' has been ratified

Great film

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Great film

If only the aliens had a computer system that was incompatible with an Apple iMac, or had some anti-virus software installed.

Good morning all. I have a bit of a hangover from a great celebration party, and 11pm last night felt like New Year's Eve, what with all the fireworks. So I wish everybody a Happy New Era. I look forward to Gavyn's "fun and games" that will ensue during the rest of this year. A Canada style trade deal or WTO, either will be fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    . A Canada style trade deal or WTO, either will be fine by me.
    But what about the rest of the country ?

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    But what about the rest of the country ?
    Are you going to speak on their behalf?

Good morning all. I have a bit of a hangover from a great celebration party, and 11pm last night felt like New Year's Eve, what with all the fireworks. So I wish everybody a Happy New Era. I look forward to Gavyn's "fun and games" that will ensue during the rest of this year. A Canada style trade deal or WTO, either will be fine by me.
    It couldn't have been much of a party or hangover. Posting at 9.18 am.

17. Default

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose"

Janis Joplin, Me and Bobby McGee
    Kris Kristofferson actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like you had fun...

If you want something said, get a Booker prize winner to say it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y_to_clipboard

Blog Entries

Too much sherry Les? Did you manage to find your mobility scooter OK?

Hot off Gove’s admission yesterday, we see the groundwork for another cowardly climbdown (and unkept promise). Where’s all the fighting talk of UK leverage, bespoke deals, frictionless trade, maintaining similar trade relations with the EU outside the EU, getting better deals than Canada, Norway and Switzerland, +++’s? Instead the implication is that mighty old UK (in due course England and Wales) is looking at an off-the-shelf arrangement dictated by Barnier’s menu.
    Last edited by shurlock; 01-02-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Are you going to speak on their behalf?
    I was just wondering if you might consider consulting them, or if you are being selfish and couldn't give a toss how others might think.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

I am off to the newsagents. Apparently there is an offer for a free Union Jack Brexit tea towel in the Mail. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Too much sherry Les? Did you manage to find your mobility scooter OK?

Hot off Gove’s admission yesterday, we see the groundwork for another cowardly climbdown (and unkept promise). Where’s all the fighting talk of UK leverage, bespoke deals, frictionless trade, maintaining similar trade relations with the EU outside the EU, getting better deals than Canada, Norway and Switzerland, +++’s? Instead the implication is that mighty old UK (in due course England and Wales) is looking at an off-the-shelf arrangement dictated by Barnier’s menu.
    Why would I be in any more need of a mobility scooter than you, Gavyn? After all there is only a matter of a few months between our ages. Judging by your usual petty bile, you're not taking our exit very well. Be patient, we're only a matter of hours out of the failing organisation, so perhaps a better idea would be to look back on it towards the end of the year, rather than having a premature ejaculation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    If you want something said, get a Booker prize winner to say it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y_to_clipboard
    He should stick to writing books, instead of indulging himself in his little moaning tirade about how unfair the referendum was and how a majority of voters voted for parties calling for another referendum in the last election. If he had any real grasp of how politics worked, then he would have recognised that just because a party had a policy of holding another referendum, it does not follow that everybody voting for that party wanted one. During the election before, all of the major parties stood on manifestos that they would respect the referendum result, but I don't hear him bleating that they subsequently ratted on that promise. The referendum was the decisive binary vote and here he is three and a half years after the event still whinging about how it was only advisory, won on lies, hijacked by the Russkies, etc. What a bad loser he must be, attempting to rake over old coals when he can't change a single thing. I am sure that the Guardianistas adore him, but most other people probably just feel sorry for the poor sop, and wish that he just move on with his life.

He should stick to writing books, instead of indulging himself in his little moaning tirade about how unfair the referendum was and how a majority of voters voted for parties calling for another referendum in the last election. If he had any real grasp of how politics worked, then he would have recognised that just because a party had a policy of holding another referendum, it does not follow that everybody voting for that party wanted one. During the election before, all of the major parties stood on manifestos that they would respect the referendum result, but I don't hear him bleating that they subsequently ratted on that promise. The referendum was the decisive binary vote and here he is three and a half years after the event still whinging about how it was only advisory, won on lies, hijacked by the Russkies, etc. What a bad loser he must be, attempting to rake over old coals when he can't change a single thing. I am sure that the Guardianistas adore him, but most other people probably just feel sorry for the poor sop, and wish that he just move on with his life.
    Lol

This could apply to every Brexiter in history.

And breath.

For someone who ‘won’, you still seen incredibly angry about everything.

Blog Entries

I see the hashtag #thick is trending on twitter - it piqued my curiousity. Wish I hadn't looked now
    Last edited by shurlock; 01-02-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    And breath.

That's most Brexiteers. Angry about something, not sure what, but the Mail and Express assured them it was the EU's fault.

And breath.

He gets even more bad tempered if you tell him that.

And breath.

Breath? Surely you mean breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    I am off to the newsagents. Apparently there is an offer for a free Union Jack Brexit tea towel in the Mail. Yay.
    Make sure it not the one that Boris had:

https://newsthump.com/2020/01/31/bor...one-tea-towel/

I see the hashtag #thick is trending on twitter - it piqued my curiousity. Wish I hadn't looked now
    70% of voters whose educational attainment is only GCSE or lower voted to Leave, while 68% of voters with a university degree voted to Remain in the EU. (YouGov)

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...ainer-moments/

Now that Brexit is done, here are the nominations for the top ten Remoaner sufferers of Brexit Derangement Syndrome. At least one of them is good mates with Gavyn.

Blog Entries

I see Les is doing everything possible to prove how angry he still is - rather than magnanimity on their big day and looking forward to a bright new dawn, he and his fellow oddballs at spiked-online prefer to stew in the past and hand out make-believe awards for a condition that only exists in their bitter minds.

What’s eating away at you pal?
    Last edited by shurlock; 01-02-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Brexit Derangement Syndrome...
    I thought that was something caught after exposure to that snake oil salesman, Farage.

I see Les is doing everything possible to prove how angry he still is - rather than magnanimity on their big day and looking forward to a bright new dawn, he and his fellow oddballs at spiked-online prefer to stew in the past and hand out make-believe awards for a condition that only exists in their bitter minds.

What’s eating away at you pal?
    Les is typical of most Brexiteers looking to the past rather than the future. They prefer the UK in the 60's to today.

I reckon Les is angry because he may be beginning to realise that Johnson is untrustworthy. He shafted the DUP with his Brexit deal. He has upset many leading lights of the ERG with his 5G proposals. Nationalising railways is definitely a pinkoe measure.

Can he be trusted to deliver the European settlement that Les wants ? Hmmm. I wouldn't bank on it.

38. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ecuk268 View Post
    70% of voters whose educational attainment is only GCSE or lower voted to Leave, while 68% of voters with a university degree voted to Remain in the EU. (YouGov)
    Should be easy to get a rejoin campaign going then. All these highly intelligent people, backed by millions of pound notes. Finding someone with the political skills, knowledge & charisma of the great man Nige should be a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ecuk268 View Post
    The older that you are the more likely that you are to vote out. The younger you are the more likely you are to have a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergei Gotsmanov View Post
    The older that you are the more likely that you are to vote out. The younger you are the more likely you are to have a degree.
    The older people built the universities and sent their children there. And then don't pay any attention to their opinions once they've graduated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergei Gotsmanov View Post
    As an 'older' person with a degree, I am proud to be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Les is typical of most Brexiteers looking to the past rather than the future. They prefer the UK in the 60's to today.

I reckon Les is angry because he may be beginning to realise that Johnson is untrustworthy. He shafted the DUP with his Brexit deal. He has upset many leading lights of the ERG with his 5G proposals. Nationalising railways is definitely a pinkoe measure.

Can he be trusted to deliver the European settlement that Les wants ? Hmmm. I wouldn't bank on it.
    You're no better at the amateur psychiatry than Gavyn.The 60's was great for pop music and fashion, but completely a crap decade for politics. So Boris is a pinko? You remoaners have changed your tune. I thought you had him as far right. Make up your minds.

Brexiteers showing their true colours ?

""Happy Brexit Day" notices telling residents "we do not tolerate" people speaking languages other than English have been posted at a block of flats."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-51341735

Brexiteers showing their true colours ?

""Happy Brexit Day" notices telling residents "we do not tolerate" people speaking languages other than English have been posted at a block of flats."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-51341735

Yes, of course! A tower block that has 15 floors houses at least one racist in it - who, incidentally has little grasp of the English language they are trumpetting - so that MUST mean without a shadow of a doubt that all Brexiteers are thick racists

Blog Entries

As an 'older' person with a degree, I am proud to be an exception.
    After controlling for age, it’s still the case that the more educated you were, the more likely you were to vote remain. So not sure what point Sergei was trying to make.

Blog Entries

Trump dents UK hopes for South Korea helicopter deal

Potential blow for Yeovil plant as US forces Seoul to consider US weapons
    I know some chumps bought their Heritage Foundation-Mickey Mouse t-shirts to mark a blossoming of the special relationship but this is what trade in the real world looks like. As for attempting to monetise security alliances...

https://www.ft.com/content/458747f0-...7-eae9bd51ceba

Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    Yes, of course! A tower block that has 15 floors houses at least one racist in it - who, incidentally has little grasp of the English language they are trumpetting - so that MUST mean without a shadow of a doubt that all Brexiteers are thick racists
    Never intended to reference "all" leavers, but I am confident that this type of opinion is much more widely held than a single wierdo in Norwich. If such views do not reflect your personal attitude fine, but you may well be in a much smaller majority than you might like to think.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Never intended to reference "all" leavers, but I am confident that this type of opinion is much more widely held than a single wierdo in Norwich. If such views do not reflect your personal attitude fine, but you may well be in a much smaller majority than you might like to think.
    Loads of people who vote the same way as me or who believe similar things also hold repugnant views that I disagree with. It doesn't make the views we share invalid or wrong. I'm not going to stop supporting saints just because some of our fans are homophobic or racist. I'm sure I could find plenty of examples of people who voted remain who have said and done some terrible things but it's no reflection on others who voted along similar lines.

50. Default Brexit - Enter at Your Own Risk

Refreshing to watch Andrew Marr show and everyone seemed a little more rational and understanding of the others. That even included Farage.
    First time In many a moon that I have watched a political programme and not felt wound up. A nicer politics or they may just all be worn out?