Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Serious question ....in the training video did anyone actually see VVD training with the rest of the team ??? I couldnt bit worrying

All part of his recovery I'm sure - He's been taking part in some parts of training but not the contact games with the ball from the looks of the photos/videos

Twitter bloke saying Everton have bid 65m for VVD.

While that's utter turd and laughable, I'd still be tempted to sell VVD if we got a bid of £65+million. As good as he is, he's hardly going to be delighted with being kept here, irrespective of his contract length, in an era when player power is strong. Then there's the not knowing how good he'll be after his injury. I'd take that money (even if it is to Liverpool though it'd hurt) and bring in 2 ready to go centre backs, maybe Wimmer and Gibson. Add a strong DM and an attacking creator with an eye for goal and we're golden.

But then I'm not the manager for a good reason!

While that's utter turd and laughable, I'd still be tempted to sell VVD if we got a bid of £65+million. As good as he is, he's hardly going to be delighted with being kept here, irrespective of his contract length, in an era when player power is strong. Then there's the not knowing how good he'll be after his injury. I'd take that money (even if it is to Liverpool though it'd hurt) and bring in 2 ready to go centre backs, maybe Wimmer and Gibson. Add a strong DM and an attacking creator with an eye for goal and we're golden.

You'd also have the added hilarity of him signing for Everton instead of Liverpool.

Both saints and vvd would lose credibility if this happened. Wrong message to send out to fans if we sold to club not in ucl and on similar footing to us in terms of league placings. Vvd would be going purely for the money.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Clearly not on a similar footing to us in terms of what they're prepared to invest unfortunately. Money talks, we all know that but this would be an odd move for someone who could conceivably be playing at Barca or Real very soon.

I like to think we will bribe him to stay for an extra season, give him/us the shop window of the World Cup and then get £80m for him next summer.

There is absolutely nothing to gain by selling Van Dijk this summer. He is our best player, he's probably the best centre back we're likely to see for a very long time, anyone we replace him with is going to weaken the team. For once, just to set a tone for the future, we need to not sell him. Remind everyone that we do only sell on our terms.

Morons like the author of this blog are everywhere on the internet. If Barcelona supporters and ex-players started exhorting Coutinho to submit a transfer request, the scousers would be up in arms.

We'd be having vigils all over the place.

I agree - I'd sell him if the right bid (£65/£70m) came in. The trouble is, I'd only sell to a very small list of clubs and that would be City, Chelsea, United or one of the top clubs abroad.

If we even considered selling to Everton (not that I think we will), I would have to question Les.

Under no circumstances should we sell to them (as potential league rivals), or Liverpool (just absolute gob****e c**ts), IMO.

Edited by SKD

I agree - I'd sell him if the right bid (£65/£70m) came in. The trouble is, I'd only sell to a very small list of clubs and that would be City, Chelsea, United or one of the top clubs abroad.

edit

If it was a choice between retaining VVD and selling for £65m and reinvesting that in a quality replacement CB, DM, AM and Striker then I think I'd probably take the money to improve the quality of the team overall.

I worry that a choice to retain VVD and Bertrand etc will mean limited outlay otherwise (just a gut feeling) and that we will be a bit short on quality compared to teams around us that are strengthening.

Clearly not on a similar footing to us in terms of what they're prepared to invest unfortunately. Money talks, we all know that but this would be an odd move for someone who could conceivably be playing at Barca or Real very soon.

I like to think we will bribe him to stay for an extra season, give him/us the shop window of the World Cup and then get £80m for him next summer.

Seems unlikely at this point...

I guess Everton, while they wouldn't mind him, are trying to wind up their neighbours and seem to be doing rather well. As for who the worse fans are, the reds take it.

After last summer, I have to say the deluded, arrogant, dugout pioneering, glass-ceiling smashing, gob-smackingly irritating Everton fans are worse.

If it was a choice between retaining VVD and selling for £65m and reinvesting that in a quality replacement CB, DM, AM and Striker then I think I'd probably take the money to improve the quality of the team overall.

I worry that a choice to retain VVD and Bertrand etc will mean limited outlay otherwise (just a gut feeling) and that we will be a bit short on quality compared to teams around us that are strengthening.

So you think we can sell VVD and pay wages and transfer fees for up to four quality players (CB, DM, AM, striker) that will need to be better than players we already got players. Very much doubt that.

We don't need much more players IMO, we need to keep our best ones and get the best out of the ones we have.

Can someone please tell me why handing in a transfer request means that that changes things? Seems frankly ridiculous that you're on a long contract......but a transfer request changes everything. Why do people/tabloids think that a player doing this means they'll be allowed to leave? Or am I being an idiot who's missing something?

Can someone please tell me why handing in a transfer request means that that changes things? Seems frankly ridiculous that you're on a long contract......but a transfer request changes everything. Why do people/tabloids think that a player doing this means they'll be allowed to leave? Or am I being an idiot who's missing something?

Once a player makes it utterly and publicly transparent they want to leave, it's hard to keep them. Not impossible, but very, very hard.

Am I the only one getting peed off with this, I've got to the point just let him go for the 65-70m as long as it's reinvested in team, we really do need a another cb, acm and a dm

How can you get peed off when the club for once stand their ground and will not to sell their best player.

Once a player makes it utterly and publicly transparent they want to leave, it's hard to keep them. Not impossible, but very, very hard.

Once the window is closed he will basically have a choice play or sulk and train with the under 23s it's not ideal but the club needs to put it's foot down and show they are not a soft touch any more.

Peed off with other clubs and their supporters coveting one of our players?? No, not me. I understand why you might, as the constant press stories and actions of some, are nothing short of disrespectful. But if you have a pretty wife and lots of people flirt with her, do you dump her because of that?

Peed off with other clubs and their supporters coveting one of our players?? No, not me. I understand why you might, as the constant press stories and actions of some, are nothing short of disrespectful. But if you have a pretty wife and lots of people flirt with her, do you dump her because of that?

No, but if that leads to her having secret phone calls and meetings with those doing the flirting you'd at the very least have a few words.

Yeah but if my pretty wife has made it clear she's be seeing my mate behind my back, and wants to shack up with him (Which using you're analogy Virgil has done) then yes I wouldn't probably dump her. Especially if my scouse mate is going to give me 65 million so I can spunk it in Vegas on a **** fest!.

- He's 'liked' the birthday message from celtic on twitter, will be interesting if he does the same for this one ;)

Those bin dippers begging him on twitter to hand in a transfer request and join them are desperate. Feel sorry for them for being so pathetic.

Yeah but if my pretty wife has made it clear she's be seeing my mate behind my back, and wants to shack up with him (Which using you're analogy Virgil has done) then yes I wouldn't probably dump her. Especially if my scouse mate is going to give me 65 million so I can spunk it in Vegas on a **** fest!.

But the pretty wife only went for a drink and a meal with a suitor and it was the suitor who has said that she wants to move in with him. Do you take the word of the suitor, over the wife who so far hasn't said anything publicly?