Thread: The Gao Thread

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Default The Gao Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    you are right, if you don't like people moaning on forums, don't go on a forum
    There is not person on this forum who knows whether Gao or the new sponsorship will be good for the club or not, but there is a massive assumption based on nothing that they are bad. Let’s hope you miserable sods are all proved right and then you can have a mass “I told you so” love in. Enjoy!

Default The Gao Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    There is not person on this forum who knows whether Gao or the new sponsorship will be good for the club or not, but there is a massive assumption based on nothing that they are bad. Let’s hope you miserable sods are all proved right and then you can have a mass “I told you so” love in. Enjoy!
    there is probably a thread to talk about this, and if you visit it you will find me absent because I'm too busy here taking the **** out of UA for their lack of shirt design skills.

It's not "based on nothing", is it?

It's based on:

- sponsor being an obscure start-up
    -sponsor having a website full of palpable bull

As for Gao, reservations about him could be fairly based on:

- reported to have been involved in criminal corruption
    - struggled to complete the initial purchase and reportedly incurred a lot of debt in doing so
    - Chinese business appears to have gone down the pan and been subject to hostile take-over
    - convoluted SFC ownership structure involving companies in Hong Kong and BVI
    - has barely uttered a peep about why he bought the club or what his plans are

If we hadn't appointed Ralph H and had got that wrong, we'd probably be looking at financial ruin right now and a slide down the league.

Actually, no, you're right. Everyone is an unreasonable reactionary and you, Fair Soggy, Arbiter of Moral Righteousness, Bringer of the Calm Head, Scrutineer of Evidence, Pied Piper of Maidstone, are correct when you say it's 50/50.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    It's not "based on nothing", is it?

It's based on:

- sponsor being an obscure start-up
    -sponsor having a website full of palpable bull

As for Gao, reservations about him could be fairly based on:

- reported to have been involved in criminal corruption
    - struggled to complete the initial purchase and reportedly incurred a lot of debt in doing so
    - Chinese business appears to have gone down the pan and been subject to hostile take-over
    - convoluted SFC ownership structure involving companies in Hong Kong and BVI
    - has barely uttered a peep about why he bought the club or what his plans are

If we hadn't appointed Ralph H and had got that wrong, we'd probably be looking at financial ruin right now and a slide down the league.

Actually, no, you're right. Everyone is an unreasonable reactionary and you, Fair Soggy, Arbiter of Moral Righteousness, Bringer of the Calm Head, Scrutineer of Evidence, Pied Piper of Maidstone, are correct when you say it's 50/50.
    This and

Default The Gao Thread

Ok fine. Have you actually asked Gao any questions though? If so, what are they?
    I have no means to communicate with him.

Initial questions would be:

- why have you never made the slightest attempt to engage with the UK fans?

- why did you buy the football club?

- what are your plans for the football club?

- who is in charge of football at the club? Ie. Who is Les Reed's replacement?

- it was reported you needed to borrow money to complete the purchase; are you reliant on club income to repay that money?

- why did Kat retain 20%?

- how did the club choose LD Sports as it's sponsor? Are you concerned that their website was full of bull and infringed the IP of various news organisations?

That would do for starters.

The fact the club hasn't addressed any of this previously, suggests to me that there is no real communication between the owners and the people running things on a day to day basis. This is supported by the reports that the club couldn't answer the recent PL questions about the hostile investment in Lander: they simply didn't know and weren't given the information.
    Last edited by benjii; 21-05-2019 at 04:56 PM.

I have no means to communicate with him.

Initial questions would be:

- why have you never made the slightest attempt to engage with the UK fans?

- why did you buy the football club?

- what are your plans for the football club?

- who is in charge of football at the club? Ie. Who is Les Reed's replacement?

- it was reported you needed to borrow money to complete the purchase; are you reliant on club income to repay that money?

- why did Kat retain 20%?

- how did the club choose LD Sports as it's sponsor? Are you concerned that their website was full of bull and infringed the IP of various news organisations?

That would do for starters.

The fact the club hasn't addressed any of this previously, suggests to me that there is no real communication between the owners and the people running things on a day to day basis. This is supported by the reports that the club couldn't answer the recent PL questions about the hostile investment in Lander: they simply didn't know and weren't given the information.
    Just suppose you get some answers, what will you do next? All your worry and angst seems completely futile to me as it won't change a single thing.

He’s got a point, Gao appears dodgy but there’s nothing we can do about it.

Seems like Newcastle will be added to the list of clubs we have very little chance of competing with.

Seems like Newcastle will be added to the list of clubs we have very little chance of competing with.
    Not so sure seems there is a doubt about him he turned up at The Victims but failed to materialise with the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Not so sure seems there is a doubt about him he turned up at The Victims but failed to materialise with the money

True. I don't think he will have Man City levels of funds, on further investigation!

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post

Although the official line was that the yanks didn't want to sell. I've not read anything about insufficient funds but would be pleased to see it.

True. I don't think he will have Man City levels of funds, on further investigation!
    Probably not in the Micky Fialka (or whatever his name was) pauper state either though.

Gao out from me (unless my instincts are wrong & he does a drastic turn around and allows the signings that Ralph was intimated to have been promised upon joining). If Gao or the club’s management’s dialogue with the manager over transfers is anything like the misleading and broken promises to fans over transfers, then I fear we will lose our manager and he will succeed elsewhere in the Premier League and I wouldn’t hold that against him. We seem to have descended into a dishonest and
    manipulative club with seemingly little integrity.

I have no time for disingenuous owners with a divisive agenda. As a rule, if a business owner doesn’t outlay their plans it’s generally because the reactions would not be well received because those plans are bad to supporters/shareholders so instead, the owner chooses silence. Like Richard Gere in Pretty Woman only with a sh***er outcome. If Gao had good intentions with the club, he should outline them rather than appear to be using the club as a mechanism for expanding his property portfolio.

The owner has done nothing for Saints yet other than shed staff but under his regime we have been constantly misled in every transfer window and he is, therefore, answerable. Fans deserve answers. If he continues to hold the fans in contempt, then Southampton fans should start voting with their feet. #GaoOut

Remember when people wanted SISU to take Saints over, now Coventry are playing at St Andrews.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Remember when people wanted SISU to take Saints over, now Coventry are playing at St Andrews.
    I don't recall anyone wanting Sisu to buy saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Billy View Post
    Oh they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Oh they did.
    Can you provide the evidence ?

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Billy View Post
    Jim Hone, Ken Dulieu & Andy Oldknow certainly did