Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2494

Thread: January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Adam Blackmore
    @AdamBlackmore
    ·
    11m
    #SaintsFC Manager Ralph Hasenhüttl confirms that Kyle Walker-Peters will NOT be in the squad at Anfield. Too early for him.

On Cedric leaving, Hasenhuettl says he’s happy to let him go in the circumstances

RH not expecting to bring anyone else in this window
    Might as well close this thread,save a day of waste.

Sooner Gao f***s off the better

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    How do you explain the fact that our nerest clubs in the net spend table, Burnley and Crystal Palace have spent over £50m more than they’ve made from transfers in the same period we’ve made a profit? They’ve both been in the premier league that time
    Less high profile big money flops than us, still here on massive wages. Players like lemina, Forster, Elyounoussi, hoedt are on higher wages likely than most people in Burnleys team and we can barely give them away. When people discuss netspend they rarely consider the wage bill which is the actual killer. consider we pay the 4 previously mentioned about 14m a year between them that's where our money goes.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Pathetic window

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Pathetic window
    Instead of strengthening we've weakened the team. Utterly bizzare.

Quote Originally Posted by danjosaint View Post
    Sooner Gao f***s off the better
    Could not agree more.

In the concourse, complaining about the concourse

Couldn't be a more frustrating situation. Finally we have a manager who can take us places but an owner who wants to sit tight.

Can we now start the who are we selling in the summer thread.
    I do worry more about us for next season,the dross will still be here and we will surely sell anyone who’s worth a few bob. Then when we finally manage do last minute loans to get rid of the usual suspects we are left with what.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Sheff U close to signing Sander Berge for £28m

They've not had to sell anyone either
    Very good signing. A player we should have pursued

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by BotleySaint View Post
    Instead of strengthening we've weakened the team. Utterly bizzare.
    That depends on whether or not KWP turns out to be better than Cedric.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    We needed cover and we finish with the same number(ralph suggested we needed 2). For that reason we are not stronger - FACT.

12. Default

If KWP plays well and the Cedric money puts us in a better position to strengthen properly in the summer then it's been a good window. It's quite the gamble though.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    This. Disappointing window but it’s barely weaker. The question is whether we’d have been out signing players had we still been in the relegation zone? The run of form seems to have changed the minds of the board as to our need for players. Maybe the £35 million the media quoted was the fund we had to fight off relegation but they’ve decided to keep it until Summer. Maybe wishful thinking, but we’ll find out come the summer.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    This. Disappointing window but it’s barely weaker. The question is whether we’d have been out signing players had we still been in the relegation zone? The run of form seems to have changed the minds of the board as to our need for players. Maybe the £35 million the media quoted was the fund we had to fight off relegation but they’ve decided to keep it until Summer. Maybe wishful thinking, but we’ll find out come the summer.
    Yeah, exactly this. Since we're pretty much safe I'd much rather spend that money in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Yeah I always assumed that 35m was gambling next year's tv money/parachute payment.

16. Default

Callum Slattery joins De Graafschap on loan.

Who thinks Ralph will quit the end of the season, even if we stay up! This has got to have been the last straw for him, surely.

Default January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by SOTONS EAST SIDE View Post
    Who thinks Ralph will quit the end of the season, even if we stay up! This has got to have been the last straw for him, surely.
    I dont think he will quit as such. I think his restraint from taking another job will be a solid as a soggy biscuit.

More polite applause from the usual lot to follow

Yep

Do you think we will end up looking for yet another manager ?

I don't see him quitting. We're raising his profile as he hoped.
    Think odds are he will be here at start of next season

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

There's not really a reason for him to quit now. One more season I reckon and if he can get us to mid table that's probably his lot.

23. Default

Not signing a second full-back in January is the last straw?

Moaning about not having money seems fairly pointless. We all know the money we've wasted and we're extremely limited until we shift players.

We have 6 or 7 players not even in our squad who not only cost us a lot, but are on huge wages. Shift them all and we have room to do business again.

25. Default

Sorry I didnt see the post in the Slattery thread

Nope, can't see it, the reason being is that he is not a bed wetting ninny like the majority on this thread.

Whilst the window hasn't blown anyones socks off, its been a sensible approach, to a well managed club who are still paying the price for mistakes in previous windows. This mess will not be sorted out overnight, we still have a multitude of high earners contracted to us, loaned out for which we are still paying a huge part of their salaries, wake up people!

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Moaning about not having money seems fairly pointless. We all know the money we've wasted and we're extremely limited until we shift players.

We have 6 or 7 players not even in our squad who not only cost us a lot, but are on huge wages. Shift them all and we have room to do business again.
    The money wasted has only been money we’ve earned from sales, why do we have no money when we’ve made over £70m profit the last two years? We are meant to be a well run, self sustainable club yet we don’t seem to be able to survive without selling players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewell View Post
    Nope, can't see it, the reason being is that he is not a bed wetting ninny like the majority on this thread.

Whilst the window hasn't blown anyones socks off, its been a sensible approach, to a well managed club who are still paying the price for mistakes in previous windows. This mess will not be sorted out overnight, we still have a multitude of high earners contracted to us, loaned out for which we are still paying a huge part of their salaries, wake up people!
    This 100%

How can we be a well managed club when we can’t bring in any new players without selling any despite being the only club club in the division to make a profit from transfers? Can we please stop this we are well run bo11ocks. We obviously aren’t, or at least haven’t been.

Absolutely this 👍

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Absolutely this 👍
    It not factual. We aren’t a well run club, simple as that. Don’t believe the spin.

Is there another club with 4 of its top 10 record transfers on loan. Another 3 regularly on the bench. That leaves 2 sold and only Danny ings who we bought this season in the regular starting xi

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Is there another club with 4 of its top 10 record transfers on loan. Another 3 regularly on the bench. That leaves 2 sold and only Danny ings who we bought this season in the regular starting xi
    Just shut up and repeat the mantra mate

We are a well run club
    We are a well run club
    We are a well run club

Say it often enough you’ll believe it too

It not factual. We aren’t a well run club, simple as that. Don’t believe the spin.
    We have been well run but made awful transfer decisions. If those transfers had come off they'd be no whingeing. Doing what people on here are calling for would make us badly run. We need to clear out the ****e and rebuild. It's not complicated.

We have been well run but made awful transfer decisions. If those transfers had come off they'd be no whingeing. Doing what people on here are calling for would make us badly run. We need to clear out the ****e and rebuild. It's not complicated.
    We’ve made multiple failures in transfers, which means aren’t well run then.

Wrong. Making transfer decisions that haven't worked us does not alter the fact that we're well run strategically and financially. As a business the club works. Throwing money around whilst being stuck with a load of ****e players would be stupid.

Wrong. Making transfer decisions that haven't worked us does not alter the fact that we're well run strategically and financially. As a business the club works. Throwing money around whilst being stuck with a load of ****e players would be stupid.
    We've done that already, which would suggest we're badly run.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I dont think he will quit as such. I think his restraint from taking another job will be a solid as a soggy biscuit.

More polite applause from the usual lot to follow
    Well it wont be from you as you don’t go near it so how you have bloody cheek to criticise others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    We're financially viable and sustainable. That, at its simplest, is a well run football business. If it isn't, tell me your definition of a well run football business.

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Well it wont be from you as you don’t go near it so how you have bloody cheek to criticise others

what the hell is your beef and your obsession on what I spend or not at the club?

If your strategy is to stay up spending as little as possible then we’ve got it nailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Some people might argue that’s spending tens of millions on a poor recruitment policy over and over again might make us badly run and strategically flawed but this can’t be true because I’m just going to pretend that we’re well run.

what the hell is your beef and your obsession on what I spend or not at the club?
    Obsession don’t flatter yourself just think your constant criticism of people that go is a joke.

Obsession don’t flatter yourself just think your constant criticism of people that go is a joke.

where have I constantly criticised people who go?

You constantly criticise everything to do with our club nearly 30k of posts that are full of c-rap

Were the culprits not sacked?
    We are stuffed at the moment and until the new structure is in place Croker , new recruitment guy and we know what division we are in 36 points quoted don’t think contracts will be discussed although I would bet some have been already.
    I don’t see us coming out of this well unless we take a big loss on Forster, Mo,Carillo and Hoedt

Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    You constantly criticise everything to do with our club nearly 30k of posts that are full of c-rap
    Not really the answer to the question

thanks anyway. Just put me on ignore

You even criticise people in the post above “politely clap” what do you expect them to do?

You even criticise people in the post above “politely clap” what do you expect them to do?

If you take that literally and believe it is aimed solely at those sat at SMS, that is your problem.

Default January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

If you take that literally and believe it is aimed solely at those sat at SMS, that is your problem.
    So answer the question what are they meant to do?
    We are in the crap due to the way it was run - new people are going to try and improve that do you think supporting them is the way ?
    Wilson/Krueger and Reed caused this mess along with Hunter the shambles will take years to fix.