Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

On Saturday evening this was posted:

No denial then Steve, how much have you bid?

I think this Saturday post by St Chalet has more than a ring of truth to it: well, being richer than the Pompey Trust that is.

Technically it is a TSW takeover. As you know Steve runs this board as a not for profit venture (similar to PFC), and a little bit of a cash pile had emerged. For a laugh TSW stuck in a bid to buy PFC with Birch and it transpires that our £578 was more than the PST had managed to get pledged - as such this will become the 'Portsmouth Taken Over by us Saga' thread.

Yep, I got the same response to my question, although it took them two weeks to respond. I specifically asked about the failure of the 2010 CVA, NOT the current administration. I asked how companies can confidently trade with football clubs and what sanctions may be applied to deter clubs from doing this in the future. They're stonewalling, but presumably are noting the number of complaints they are receiving.

Yep it was about 2 weeks ago I mailed em, after Birch had announced the old CVA was dead - requesting some info on whether the FL had an appropriate punishment for failing to service a CVA and suggesting there had been no consistency of punishment in this case - In addition, I pointed out how the punishmnets they currently have dont seem proportiuonate to the crimes in that you can have a side relegated and starting the next season on -10 for a small overdraft causing admin owing only 2 creditors, versus one that could see a club uneffected by -10 points for 2 admins in 2 years and160mil of debt....

We know the Truth Steve! You are a closet blue phew and the £5 was always a ruse to ensure funding for whne you take them over - now is as good a time as any to execute your devious masterplan as you sit surrpounded by banks of monitors in your subterranean lair :lol:

Dr-claw.jpg

Weren't we away at Forest on the last day of the season when we got relegated to League 1? My how the tables have turned..

Yes, I was flying to Munich for two weeks and followed the results at the departure lounge of Birmingham airport. Really vivid memories of that day.

Yes, I was flying to Munich for two weeks and followed the results at the departure lounge of Birmingham airport. Really vivid memories of that day.

The most jumped up ****hole of an airport you could find anywhere.

The most jumped up ****hole of an airport you could find anywhere.

Birmingham?

I've always found it ok. Well, it always helps that it's only a taxi ride to the train station and then a 10 minute ride away. F**k driving to the London airports and paying parking charges.

Birmingham?

I've always found it ok. Well, it always helps that it's only a taxi ride to the train station and then a 10 minute ride away. F**k driving to the London airports and paying parking charges.

Customs, (Its a training centre), Security attitude, only better than nothing. I was a pilot and I found BHX a complete work up.

The News journos showing that their wit holds no bounds...

@pn_neil_allen: RT @pn_steve_wilson: Just heard @pn_neil_allen allowed in press box for #Pompey game. But he's going there by bus and via Southampton to meet all his new pals...

I've given up trying to explain stuff to hardcore Skates, they just won't accept reality, and now that some have come out of hiding again, they're re-writing history as it happens!

Clarifying football facts to the deluded is like wasting time explaining the concept of a 2nd phase of offside to a dolphin.

It's like the first two months of Avram Grant's season - pointless.

That full-blooded derby where we were the better side but conceded two wonder goals - the one where we were on the wrong end of some lenient refereeing AND were kept out by an inspired keeper, has turned into some class war where the courageous common man took on the whole of a poisonous city and battled to a glorious victory.

It couldn't be a more sickly cliched panto script had Spielberg joined forces with fricking Disney.

Their brave players stood up against the nasty men in red and white, the evil Lallana was strangling kittens and Baron Lambert ate baby's heads at half time.

The near sell-out following ran a gauntlet of hate, toothless pensioners abused them, a dog walker looked at them threateningly, people threw beer at women, poor Rocha was picked on by nasty fans for no reason.

It was a far cry from the nice welcome they gave Saints, the coins that rained down from the south stand were just offers of help with the bus fares.

Thankfully plucky pompey, the club with the great history and fantastic support, overcame the evil Saints with their dock strike that no one can quite pin down.

They defeated the spawn of the 3rd Reich on their own patch, they came away with a fantastic, er......point. :?

Bravo for the plucky bestest! Yawn.

And let's gloss over the fact that they started the day 5pts from safety, and the big party was for finishing the day 6pts from safety.

Funny how none of our players lost it in the big match atmosphere down their place....

I recall the likes of Fox at fratton, just waiting for the ball from the crowd, with children who owned way too many digits spitting hate at him - no reaction.

Unlike Rocha and half of their team that lost their heads playing in front of a massive crowd, no banks of empty seats anywhere - a properly-packed park - the last time that most of the guys will play in front of a big crowd I guess.

I'll be glad when they feck off to some other division and we can ignore them for another forty years, I've tried debating with them but there are only a couple worth speaking to.

It shouldn't be long before they go, but mark my words - they will win a few now, and the others will need to gather some points.

But I'm more than happy to look a tit if they want to lose tonight. :)

Pompey face £5,000 after derby heroics

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-face-5-000-after-derby-heroics-1-3715819

That will teach the dirty bastards....doubt it will be paid though as liquidation looms LARGE

From that article ...

"Not that any of the Fratton faithful will be complaining following that dramatic St Mary’s point."

Yeah not to worry only 5 of the trusts Pompey shares worth of money gone there! Deluded much?

Need some help with an arguement. What years in history have they gone bust? Im sure I read somewhere its four times in total if you go right back. anyone please?

They have experienced financial trauma in 1976 (raising money to avoid bankruptcy), 1988 (Selling the club to Jim Gregory to fend of bankruptcy after spending their way up the leagues, sound familiar?), 1998 (Mandaric taking them over whilst in administration), 2010 (First PL team to go into administration) and of course, 2012.

So, in fact, you can argue it's 5 times. It truly is a culture down there.

Great quote from Mr Madejski about the potential new owners at Reading:

"The good thing about them is they are going to keep the club the same," added Madejski.

"They want to keep the same ethos, they won't go throwing money about like drunken sailors, we've got such a great atmosphere and it will be tragic to see that change."

mmm - drunken sailors, I wonder if he is referring to our fishy friends?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17664456

If they are relegated before the end of the season I guess its possibly the club could be liquidated before the end of the season? They say they have the money to last the season but they must soon reach the point where it becomes apparent there will be no buyer and that the money would be best used to go to creditors?

If Bristol City better Pompey's result on Saturday they are officially down

Luckily for pompey Bristol City's next 2 games are against birmingham and west ham so we may have to wait a while before its officially confirmed.

Doesn't sound like, "no more points penalties" to me....

-------------------------------

Ben,

We thank you for contacting The Football League on this matter, however until all the circumstances surrounding the club’s exit from administration become clear, The League is unable to make any official comment at this time. Updates that we do give will be made available on www.football-league.co.uk and you should check there for any further updates.

Thank you again for your email.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Limited

Email - enquiries@football-league.co.uk

www.football-league.co.uk

GetInline.aspx?messageid=a5b0eccc-82eb-11e1-9bd5-00237de4a20a&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage001.jpg%4001CD1700.CC386820&shared=1&hm__login=benjii5582&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.15.202.8&d=d4042&mf=0&hm__ts=Tue%2c%2010%20Apr%202012%2020%3a48%3a55%20GMT&st=benjii5582&hm__ha=01_4bcddb52a88284dbbc3c3669a1add27caeb11ee65ac9ec3f2f18e6ceec35f9fc&oneredir=1

The Football League Ltd. Registered Office - Edward VII Quay, Navigation Way, Preston PR2 2YF. Registered No: 80612. Tel: 0844 463 1888. Fax: 0844 826 5188.

London Office - 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8FL. Tel: 0844 826 3099

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/football_league

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your computer and any copies. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Any views set out in this e-mail are the views of the individual sending it, and not the views of The Football League Limited unless otherwise stated. This e-mail should not be seen as forming a legally binding contract unless otherwise stated. Although we believe this e-mail and any attachment are virus-free it is your responsibility to ensure this on receipt.

Sent: 02 April 2012 23:00

To: FL

Subject: RE: A fair playing field

Dear Football League,

I posed a question below and was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering please. To save you reading the previous correspondence I'll restate the question as simply as possible:

If a club exits administration with a CVA and subsequently fails to make the payments due under the CVA, and its administrator states categorically that it will not be doing so, should it receive a points deduction?

If the answer is not "yes" then will you agree that this is a puzzling and perverse state of affairs? If a club does not obtain a CVA when exiting administration it is given a stern additional penalty. If it obtains a CVA but subsequently fails to honour it, should not the same penalties apply?

Thanks and kind regards

Ben

what a feck up!

Appleton you idiot!

You have one game away from home at the league leaders, and a home game against a relegation rival.

Tell you what, let's give everything to get a result away, absolutely everything, to muster a solitary point that doesn't make a jot of difference, and as a result, surrender a comfortable home win that could have saved the season.

It's a squad game, and it's a long season! - UnAppy, you dropped a massive clanger you legend!

I'm sure it was worth it! :D

Bybye Rocha you dirty League One loser!

Have you met your new rivals?....

pompey, meet Crawley - Crawley, this is pompey, enjoy the next few decades together. :lol:

After much research, I think we may have finally established exactly who is laughing now, and it ain't the window-licking special bus travellers.

what a feck up!

Appleton you idiot!

You have one game away from home at the league leaders, and a home game against a relegation rival.

Tell you what, let's give everything to get a result away, absolutely everything, to muster a solitary point that doesn't make a jot of difference, and as a result, surrender a comfortable home win that could have saved the season.

It's a squad game, and it's a long season! - UnAppy, you dropped a massive clanger you legend!

I'm sure it was worth it! :D

Bybye Rocha you dirty League One loser!

Have you met your new rivals?....

pompey, meet Crawley - Crawley, this is pompey, enjoy the next few decades together. :lol:

After much research, I think we may have finally established exactly who is laughing now, and it ain't the window-licking special bus travellers.

Lol

Am sure that pic must have been selected by someone at the News taking the ****... or else they are so frickinstupid up there, they fail to see the comedy gold that they have gifted us - it was almost worth letting them have a point to see that gem of the inbred pikey celebrating like he's just found out from his sister what his cock is for....

For thos every few Skates who I know who have been humble, saddened and embarrassed by their club's recent 'double dip recession' I still have a small ...tiny... miniscule element of sympathy. However, given that the overwhelming majority of the '220,000 bestest fans' (surely it has not escaped their notice that a mere £25 from each of those would provide their £5m?) , seem to have been born without a full set of neurons - indeed I am convinced that in many families they need to let one member have the full family set, just to answer the feckin phone - and simply cannot grasp the nature of their demise, the cause, the 'competitive advantages' gained at the expense of their future, the fact no one is interested in taking on the burden of cleaning the 'fat' from the pipes (what they say it is, but it would not surprize me to discover something more undignified was the cause given how they feel the need to constanty crack one off about 'getting one over the scummers' - yeah 2 draws...).

During the last 33 years, 27 in the top flight and then as can happen in football mistakes made led to a downfall, I think its fair to say we took our punishment, accepted that we were wrong, and learned form it. Most fans now feel more comfortable knowing the board watch the purse strings and recognise teh value in infrastructure investment when you have the chance... down the M27, despite being in financial turmoil 5 times since the Brotherhood of Man were Saving their kisses, none of the ignorant few have learned a thing it seems... and for that reason, when the FL do finally have the last laugh, Birch concedes defeat, one thing might make me dilute some of the vitiolic bile I reserve for their club right now... a mere suggestion, with which I make the appeal to their fans.... how about using the monies collected to pay off some of the charities and small creditors that are still owed from last time? Or hav eyou conveniently forgotten about them ....