Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I wish everyone would stop 'blessing' HMRC. Maybe its because I'm self employed but I hate them almost as much as I hate those dirty stinking cheating skate bastards that they failed to wind up last time. Anyone who's had to deal with them directly know what a total bunch of ****s the whole department is.

I wish everyone would stop 'blessing' HMRC. Maybe its because I'm self employed but I hate them almost as much as I hate those dirty stinking cheating skate bastards that they failed to wind up last time. Anyone who's had to deal with them directly know what a total bunch of ****s the whole department is.

This. Cant understand people waving the flag for a government organisation which fails to take billions from major business at the expense of you and me.

This. Cant understand people waving the flag for a government organisation which fails to take billions from major business at the expense of you and me.

I don't think any of us really like them - just that your enemy's enemy is your friend & all that......

Anyone else having a nice breakfast this morning?

A fine day for a slice of Toast methinks

Just leaving Devon now...when my daughter finishes getting ready:rolleyes:

Stopping at Macs:D at Poundbury.. Dorchester for a quick brekkie enroute:)

Hopefully our Honiton Saints will be buying the coffee:rolleyes:

WIFM

COYS

We are going to win Phil:)

Just leaving Devon now...when my daughter finishes getting ready:rolleyes:

Stopping at Macs:D at Poundbury.. Dorchester for a quick brekkie enroute:)

Hopefully our Honiton Saints will be buying the coffee:rolleyes:

WIFM

COYS

We are going to win Phil:)

Some mornings you get up and you know.

Because portsmuff are on the brink,does anyone think they will try and behave like the idiots they are to disrupt the game?

They might try if they're getting stuffed and the goading gets too much for 'em. But I think the biggest mistake is the decision to serve them beer, should have been the same for them as it was for us. They now get plenty of drinking time before kick-off and if they start playing up and wrecking everything in sight on the concourse who picks up the bill? The cheating skates certainly wont.

They might try if they're getting stuffed and the goading gets too much for 'em. But I think the biggest mistake is the decision to serve them beer, should have been the same for them as it was for us. They now get plenty of drinking time before kick-off and if they start playing up and wrecking everything in sight on the concourse who picks up the bill? The cheating skates certainly wont.

There is going to a concourse upgrade close season, perhaps it all part of the plan!

They were more than happy to 'improve' Goldsmith Avenue a few years ago and that's their own area!

Have you seen the comments, talk about straw clutching , they hope he's served 'fat lambert'

Ding dong bell

Like pussy you lot smell

Who dropped you in?

Little chinny chin

Who will get you out?

No one now kindly f*ck off and die

Doesn't rhyme that last line but it came from the heart

Pompey gaining points and their fight relegation fight, I think has quite alot to do with this thread.

Alot more relevant than alot of things that get said on here. Need I quote corpy?

Also I've not been called mush for at least 20 years :)

If anyone on here is on any doubt that their ****ty club needs to die you only needed to observe the bubble today.

Congratulations to Trevor Birch on a good point earned for them. Two great strikes froma player they shouldn't have been allowed to bring on loan and one they outbid solvent teams for.

They must be very proud.

Was in one of the hospitality rooms after the game and talking to a Pompey official who said they have been told from the administrator that if they don't have a buyer by the end of the month it's all over. He also said that the remaining staff were called into a meeting yesterday and told to expect more cuts regardless. His best case scenario is they put them on a 3 day week (shame they couldn't do the same with the players!

Sucks that they are still allowed to bring in loan players when they aren't paying their bills - especially when they influence the result like they did today.

Are there still fines for having five or more booked in a game? Six booked for them today.... More money being wasted away! The end is nigh! :)

Fine of £5000 (first offence) applies where six or more booked. Lost count of how many were booked as ref was waving yellow card at somebody on the bench after the second equaliser.

can't be bothered with the main board, all the nutjobs are out, makes this thread look normal.:?

What an odd day, like 29,000 others I felt robbed at the final whistle, but on reflection, if you get done by two wonder strikes it seems less painful.

Ashdown made two great saves and the ref was truly shocking.

He missed so many things and got other stuff wrong, not that it cost us the game, but I've never seen an entire stand leap up as one when he got yet another decision wrong in front of the dug-out near the end.

Woeful.

Putting our issues aside, and we had a few, I thought they were in the main clueless.

They have red card potential all over the pitch, Rocha can trap the ball further than many players can kick it, Maguire's miss was comedic, and their support was quite ordinary.

I guess if you pay over the odds you get players who can produce a bit of quality when needed, so if one point at St Marys justifies two seasons of quality over quantity and looming liquidation, then it was a great policy!

Not sure why they are celebrating so much - they started the day 5pts from safety and after more points dropped to us they are now 6pts adrift.

That doesn't bode well with Coventry v Bristol City up next. :scared:

Tis a funny old game.

Had a good drink up with Steve Grant tonight, this thread is finally and very rightly getting closed tomorrow morning as it should be. Get your posts in while you can lads.

Might as well wait until they fold at the end of the season!

:facepalm:

Steve Grant has bought the skates?! blimey.

Technically it is a TSW takeover. As you know Steve runs this board as a not for profit venture (similar to PFC), and a little bit of a cash pile had emerged. For a laugh TSW stuck in a bid to buy PFC with Birch and it transpires that our £578 was more than the PST had managed to get pledged - as such this will become the 'Portsmouth Taken Over by us Saga' thread.

HTH

Technically it is a TSW takeover. As you know Steve runs this board as a not for profit venture (similar to PFC), and a little bit of a cash pile had emerged. For a laugh TSW stuck in a bid to buy PFC with Birch and it transpires that our £578 was more than the PST had managed to get pledged - as such this will become the 'Portsmouth Taken Over by us Saga' thread.

HTH

But that probably means that instead of forking out a fiver each for annual full membership, we'll have to pay about £5000 each. That'll be the only way we'll be able to pay off Chinny and Gayboy. :uhoh:

Was feeling quite down after the Cheats cheated a draw today.

Bristol City beat forest so Pompey now 6 points from safety with 5 games to go

And with the point, Saints go back to the top.

And with the point, Saints are guaranteed a top six finish.

And their point gained will make no difference that the DFCSBs will probably no longer exist at the end of the month.

I feel a lot better now. :D

HTH

Gawd, that almost has a ring of truth to it! Made me laugh anyway.

I'm sure this thread will run its course and when there is a takeover completed, or liquidation, the subject is done.

Sour Ho asked for it to be closed in January when he said there was nothing more to say and he didn't find it funny - I would politely suggest he was rather premature, and the subject is funny!

There have been some fantastic contributions from loads of people, and even when the football might be disappointing you can leave the insanity of the main board and come here to laugh at the freaks.

So when the thread does go it'll free up some leisure time, though someone needs to start an All Things Pompey thread to replace it.

But not yet, with the club seeking an urgent takeover, the subject still has legs aplenty.

I'm sure this thread will run its course and when there is a takeover completed, or liquidation, the subject is done.

Sour Ho asked for it to be closed in January when he said there was nothing more to say and he didn't find it funny - I would politely suggest he was rather premature, and the subject is funny!

There have been some fantastic contributions from loads of people, and even when the football might be disappointing you can leave the insanity of the main board and come here to laugh at the freaks.

So when the thread does go it'll free up some leisure time, though someone needs to start an All Things Pompey thread to replace it.

But not yet, with the club seeking an urgent takeover, the subject still has legs aplenty.

As always RB, well said!!! (Especially the bit in bold!!!!)

My personal favourite chant from the few was 'your grounds too big for'! They did this at a fricking sellout ffs.

Ibviously all teams have sung it to them at Fratton this year so they thought it was the done thing at away games.

A reply of 'your grounds not owned by you' was forthcoming though!

My personal favourite chant from the few was 'your grounds too big for'! They did this at a fricking sellout ffs.

Ibviously all teams have sung it to them at Fratton this year so they thought it was the done thing at away games.

A reply of 'your grounds not owned by you' was forthcoming though!

Odd, as in block 1 we were signing your grounds too big for you at the skakes, where abouts were you? Maybe you heard us signing that & thought it was them?

You guys do realise, I hope, that when Pompey the club goes pop, that crappy little poop hole of a "City" will still exist?

Just how well is Portsea Island secured? Would it be possible to make some alterations to the sea floor and relegate it to the lower leagues? (France)

Chant of the day yesterday?

"You're Pompey 'till July, You're Pompey 'till July"!

I'll be surprised if they last that long.

Not quite as catchy, but I'm inclined to go with

"You're Pompey 'till 2:30 pm April 28th, You're Pompey 'till 2:30 pm April 28th."